User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I always do carry a knife!

(I've accidentally cut myself with it on a few occasions as well )
    I know I shouldnt laugh but... LOL, the irony.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Toss-up among impacted wisdom teeth surgery, bladder infection, impacted bowels, or the pinched nerve in my shoulder I had a little over a year ago, where I couldn't change my clothes, lift my arm, or sleep an ounce because the pain was so bad.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Dali

^

Ow.

I think I have a little too much empathy cos I've been wincing like crazy all through the thread.

The pinched nerve bit sounds awful! (well, more awful than the rest)

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

In order of painfulness:
    Abscessed tooth upper jaw.
    Hit in the face with a 2x4 in a fight.
    Occasional migraine headaches.
    Slamming fingers in car door.
    Chunk taken out of left knee from a broken glass door during a fight.
    2 broken wrists from being overzealous while going over a ramp on my bike. Getting dragged down a gravel road by my ankle, that got tangled in a rope tied to a truck, after ejecting someone from a bar.
    Getting cut on the wrist during a fight...

Everything else is minimal.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post
    The pinched nerve bit sounds awful! (well, more awful than the rest)
    Yeah, I really wanted to vote for the impacted bowel (it's like going through labor except the baby isn't going to come out.... arg)... but I was literally crying with this one, it hurt so bad, and I typically don't do that. I finally went to the ER at 1am one morning and spent all night there, and after a few days home with steroid shots and painkillers, the inflammation went down.

What amazes me is that I really wasn't physically damaged too badly, with that degree of pain; it was just that I had fallen on ice in the street right before Xmas, and my shoulder muscles had swollen, and it pinched the nerve. That's all. The nerve -- the wire sending the signal -- was pinched, and it was agony. Nothing really otherwise was wrong with me.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I was bit on the knee by an American Bull Terrier while handling an old mixed breed at a pet adoption day at a mall. The terrier tried to bite the dog I was handling, but got my knee instead. I felt nothing at first, but it was bleeding heavily. Her lower fang went all the way into the back of my knee, but she had a muzzle, so her front teeth mostly scraped the front of my knee. I still felt nothing at the ER except a weird cold sensation and shivering when they washed out the wound. I was feeling strange random pains throughout my body almost like my brain was trying to figure out where the wound was. That was rather bizarre.

It wasn't until the next day when the blood started clotting throughout the area that I felt the pain. The area around my knee was rather purple for a while and looked a bit gross. It was primarily when I would shift position from lying down to standing that I felt the pain. The change in blood pressure really hurt. I walked with a cane for a while.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I felt nothing at first, but it was bleeding heavily. Her lower fang went all the way into the back of my knee, but she had a muzzle, so her front teeth mostly scraped the front of my knee. I still felt nothing at the ER except a weird cold sensation and shivering when they washed out the wound. I was feeling strange random pains throughout my body almost like my brain was trying to figure out where the wound was. That was rather bizarre.
    Welcome to the wonderful world of shock.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

When I was 13 I had these strange and painful warts on my feet. I went to the doctor with these warts, who started to pinch those already painfull warts with a small knife. He didn't remove them, but apparently there were tiny little things inside of them, for which he removed some skin and then he pulled them out with a pincet. Terribly painful and it didn't help at all. Then he told me to do this exact same thing too once a week until the warts were gone. A few months later we went to Hungary and my mother's friend, who is a pharmacist, gave us these strips that did help remove the warts. They were gone within a week. Hooray for Hungarian pharmacists!
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

why would i remember that ?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Ugh! This thread is horrible to read, but I convinced myself to do it anyway. It's good preparation for the moment when I experience worse pain than an ear infection, which was like having someone drill a hole in my head for seven days.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]