User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Riva

Circumcision... Hurts like hell.

No wonder the Muslims are always pissed off bat shit crazy.

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by kiddykat View Post
    My strongest physical pain? When I was 2, I remember my mom slamming the heavy apartment door into my pinky finger by accident. I cried like hell.
    Ow! Funny how traumatic experiences get so engraved in our conscious that we can remember them years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Haha. Ok, I had gall stones. It runs in the family for generations and I was the lucky one to have them at 23. Imagine living for a few months, waiting for an operation, when every single thing you eat gives you intense pain for hours on end like a rod being jammed through your stomach. And I have a high pain threshold. Yeah, that was fun.
    Damn... I don't even...

Are there any preventive measures you take to stop them recurring? (Since you have a genetic predilection)

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    ... nothing compares to something hitting hard on the nut sack.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    Add another to the list: MENSTRUAL CRAMPING. Come on, women... Until we've given birth to a child, those come in a close second to being one of the most painful [continuous] experiences (unless you're lucky).
    How does it feel? Is it a dull, chronic pain or a sharp acute pain that comes and goes every couple of minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    I've had my fingers smashed too...windows, car doors, regular doors...fingernails falling off and all. It's weird how a smaller area can hurt more than a larger one. Well, I guess there are probably more nerve endings in your fingers, ha.
    You've led a charmed life.

J/k...

I agree with the latter bit. When I was younger, I mangled my right palm on a soda bottle and my paeditrician step-mum took me to the ER to get stitches. I remember her wincing and jumping with my every grimace and commenting on how utterly painful it must be considering all the nerve endings on the palm fingers. I kept asking myself whether she was a real doctor. LOL. I suppose she didnt feel obliged to put her stoic doc face on because I was her child and she was not the one doing the stitching.

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Short-term pain? That would be the day I was playing paintball with my nephew. I was running into some brush for cover, and stepped into a hole I didn't know was there. I still remember the exquisite feeling of the bones of my lower leg separating from the femur at the knee, twisting, then popping back into place.... then the pain like fire that wouldn't subside so that all I could do was roll on the ground and roar through my gritted teeth. Nothing like a little torn cartilage to get your attention, eh?
    I think I felt that.

Actually, I'm sure I did.

Did you regain full range of motion and strength in that leg or does it still bother you sometimes?

Quote Originally Posted by thea View Post
    I've had terrible experiences with my feet- once literally kicking my cousin's ass I sprained some muscles in my left foot and it was soo terribly painful that I couldn't sleep for like 3 nights without having a bunch of painkillers. And it's useless to say that I couldn't walk too.
    Aww.

That said, I broke the meniscus in my right knee while bothering my younger sibling. Sometimes, karma does not take her time.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    My first hangover probably. We hiked a couple miles to the top of this peak, with my cousins at a family reunion, and it was the first time I got drunk, and I was drinking vodka like it was water. Then I woke up puking, and I had to hike/fall all the way down the mountain and I would be leaning against trees throwing up the whole time. Then I passed on the bathroom floor when I got back.
    Ow. One's first hangover is never fun.

I feel your pain, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    You knew you would get a giving birth story. I was told to "wait" when I was "ready" - I guess I was actually screaming. I don't remember any of it other than that it was the worst pain ever. They had me wait about 15 minutes, I wish someone would have just told me to use the house Dr. (The nurse was being "helpful" and turned down my pain meds right before this - obviously a birth room nurse is qualified to touch anesthesia, right?)
    What a horrible experience. (the pain bit, not the bringing a child into the world bit)

Is there any truth to the statement that you forget almost all the pain when you hold your child in your hands?

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    Getting hit in the nuts wit' a frying pan! :horor:
    :horor:

Who would do such a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by No Exit View Post
    Impacted wisdom teeth..Its been almost 20 years and I can still feel them sometimes..

Quote Originally Posted by Lux View Post
    My most painful experience was probably going through 27 hours of un-medicated natural childbirth... only to find out my child was in the breech position... Off for a c-section I went. The recovery of which was also was absurdly painful.

This is probably one of the chief reasons I treasure my mom as much as I do. Anybody that would go through something like the above to bring someone in the world deserves one's complete love, affection and devotion.

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Pregnancy related sciatica was the worst pain I've had so far. I hope it stays that way.
    Ow.

Where did the pain present itself?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Oh, I love to re-visit these places.

Top 3.

3. Slammed the car door on my thumb, then having the car drive away with my tumb stuck in it.

2. Gastroscopy, no meds.

1. Water glasses exploding with hot/boiling water right on to my legs when I was 6.

EDIT. I think pulling a muscle in the ass should be up there somewhere. Hurt like hell.

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    The worst pain I've ever heard of was when one of my friends who had a testicle twisted. It was apparently like being kicked in the balls, repeatedly, for hours. He was doubled over and vomiting from the pain, convulsing and completely incapacitated, before being taken into emergency surgery and eventually having the testicle removed outright.
    Mein gott.

Poor guy.

Were that I, I would, in that moment of temporary insanity, likely slay my aggressor.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    oooh... breaking my kneecap definitley was the worst... the orthopedic surgeon told me that it was one of the most painful things that could happen to a person at all (he said this after I'd been tranquilized so I'd quit threatening to punch out anyone who touched my knee )... It was absolutley horrible

Second place would be a toss up between breaking my foot and cracking my hip bone- cracking a rib wasn't all that fun either

Do you play sports professionally? A prison warden?

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Circumcision... Hurts like hell.

No wonder the Muslims are always pissed off bat shit crazy.
    Oi!

Not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    3. Slammed the car door on my thumb, then having the car drive away with my tumb stuck in it.
    :horor:

MBTI
    ISTP

Definitely stepped on a sting ray one time at the beach. It takes the cake.

Hitting my shin hurts so much more than I expect it to hurt...

Edit: Oh, bruised my ribs snowboarding. That hurt when I'd take a deep breath, sneeze or cough for about 3 weeks. I even slept on my beanbag instead of directly on my bed for awhile for the takes-the-shape-of-you aspect of it.

Note that I've never broken a bone...
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post
    Damn... I don't even...

Are there any preventive measures you take to stop them recurring? (Since you have a genetic predilection)
    Thanks. Nothing to prevent anymore. Snip snip, said goodbye to the gall bladder and the pain was gone. I'm in great health.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post

Do you play sports professionally? A prison warden?
    lol... I'm just rather active and don't tend to think before acting

broke the kneecap chasing down some idiot who stole my purse, but got the purse back!

broke foot on bungee run at afterprom- I spread my toes to give myself an advantage and it backfired

cracked my hip in a fight (broke the other person's thumb lengthwise )

cracked rib tripping over the dog and falling into the counter

yeah... pretty lame
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    Definitely stepped on a sting ray one time at the beach. It takes the cake.
    I just Google'd the repercussions of doing that.

I'm never going to the beach again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Thanks. Nothing to prevent anymore. Snip snip, said goodbye to the gall bladder and the pain was gone. I'm in great health.
    Ah, I was under the impression that the stone could be removed while leaving the gall bladder intact. Clearly, I forgot bio 101.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    lol... I'm just rather active and don't tend to think before acting

broke the kneecap chasing down some idiot who stole my purse, but got the purse back!

broke foot on bungee run at afterprom- I spread my toes to give myself an advantage and it backfired

cracked my hip in a fight (broke the other person's thumb lengthwise )

cracked rib tripping over the dog and falling into the counter

yeah... pretty lame
    You are hardcore.

If I ever got into a fight, I'd want you backing me up.

Remember to carry your penknife.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I always do carry a knife!

(I've accidentally cut myself with it on a few occasions as well )
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Dali

To answer my own qs, technically, the most physically traumatic incident that happened to me was getting scalded when I was 3. I ran into kitchen and banged into the stove which upset a pot of boiling water which then tipped over me. I got third-degree burns on my right hand from my armpit to my wrist and second degree burns over half my torso and most of my right thigh. I suppose I was in shock because I don't remember the pain; all I remember is wondering why my aunts, older cousins and mother were completely flipping out.

The most painful incident (where I was actually cognisant of the pain) though happened a couple of years ago after knee surgery. I came out of anaesthesia in the recovery room and was confronted with a blinding, burning pain in my knee. It felt like someone was holding a 200deg C poker to every nerve ending in my knee. I was screaming in my head but was probably only emitting a tiny whimper due to how drugged out I was. Finally, a nurse noticed, came over, held my hand and prayed for me while the Anaesthesiologist administered some morphine.