User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

My strongest physical pain? When I was 2, I remember my mom slamming the heavy apartment door into my pinky finger by accident. I cried like hell.

After that, she gave me some CoCoa Puffs to munch on while we drove off in her brown poopoo looking car. It was a gloomy day that ended up leaving a deep spike into my memory. For sure. Gloomy, but memorable, in a loving way.

sammy

Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post
    I've got IBS so, basically, food that is the least bit off. And when I say the least, I mean the least.

The severity varies from bloating accompanied by an unpleasant feeling to the symptoms you described in preceding posts. Anyway, I'm pretty much used to it.
    After my aunt's pregnancy with lactoseintolerantchild, she developed IBS bigtime.

That's really sucky about the least thing setting it off. Is there any particular kind of food you have to steer clear of?

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post
    Don't hold out on us now...
    Haha. Ok, I had gall stones. It runs in the family for generations and I was the lucky one to have them at 23. Imagine living for a few months, waiting for an operation, when every single thing you eat gives you intense pain for hours on end like a rod being jammed through your stomach. And I have a high pain threshold. Yeah, that was fun.

But it wasn't intolerable as I am still alive and kicking. When it comes to long-term pain, there are people out there who experience much worse for years on end and there's really nothing they can do about it.

Other than that, I haven't experienced much physical pain. Banging toes or whatever bodyparts against something hurts like hell for a while but you'll live.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

skateboard hitting my nuts when trying a hardflip. i have had door slammed on my finger so hard that my nail came off, once i fell with a bike and a small rock(about 5mm size) went inside my knee bone almost fully(took like 3 minutes to get it out because it got so deep), i have cracked my forehead when falling down as a kid etc etc, but nothing compares to something hitting hard on the nut sack.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Phantonym

Oh man, this thread is awful. I feel all your pain.

sammy

Add another to the list: MENSTRUAL CRAMPING. Come on, women... Until we've given birth to a child, those come in a close second to being one of the most painful [continuous] experiences (unless you're lucky).

INTP and Sky is Blue: Ow.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I've had my fingers smashed too...windows, car doors, regular doors...fingernails falling off and all. It's weird how a smaller area can hurt more than a larger one. Well, I guess there are probably more nerve endings in your fingers, ha.

But no broken bones yet. Knock on wood. I can't even imagine what that would feel like.

There was this one time I got a massive cramp in my calf while I was sleeping. I just remembered being woken up by screaming, thinking: "What the hell! Why is someone screaming? Oh, right, it's me." I think it hurt more because it was scary... But I mean, at the same time, it was a pretty vicious cramp. I had a limp for a couple of days and my leg was sore for a couple of weeks...

Oberon

I had to think about this one a bit. Long-term pain? That's a toss-up between the migraines I used to have... genuine vasodilation migraines with auras, that is... and passing gallstones. The gall bladder bit would have me in such pain that I couldn't sit, couldn't lie down; I would be up and walking orbits around the downstairs waiting for it to be over. With the migraines moving around made it worse; I would eat six Tylenol, which would just take the edge off the pain enough so I could sleep.

Short-term pain? That would be the day I was playing paintball with my nephew. I was running into some brush for cover, and stepped into a hole I didn't know was there. I still remember the exquisite feeling of the bones of my lower leg separating from the femur at the knee, twisting, then popping back into place.... then the pain like fire that wouldn't subside so that all I could do was roll on the ground and roar through my gritted teeth. Nothing like a little torn cartilage to get your attention, eh?

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

I've had terrible experiences with my feet- once literally kicking my cousin's ass I sprained some muscles in my left foot and it was soo terribly painful that I couldn't sleep for like 3 nights without having a bunch of painkillers. And it's useless to say that I couldn't walk too.

And then once horse just stood like a half minute on my right foot's toes. F*cking bastard!!! That was probably the worst half of minute of my life.
    Oh yeah?

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

I've had terrible experiences with my feet- once literally kicking my cousin's ass I sprained some muscles in my left foot and it was soo terribly painful that I couldn't sleep for like 3 nights without having a bunch of painkillers. And it's useless to say that I couldn't walk too.

And then once horse just stood like a half minute on my right foot's toes. F*cking bastard!!! That was probably the worst half of minute of my life.
    Oh yeah?