User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by Loxias View Post
    Can Titans be considered Gods?
    Keep in mind that the greeks worshiped alot of stuff... including several egyptian gods, such as Isis.

There was a bit of mingling of the religions back then, much moreso than we see these days.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were others I'm not aware of that they worshiped.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselephant View Post
    Hephaestus. God of technology AND volcanos. Had family issues, too. A very relatable god.
    lol

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap View Post
    could i safely guess that most of the posters here are depositing the only name they can think of, and that the rest are googling?

i think i could.
    it's nothing personal about the posters in the thread, i just really doubt we have this many people on the forum who know enough to have a favorite.
    I took 2 classes on greek mythology- one in high school and one in college, so I actually DO know my gods and heroes (and monsters! )
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    If I could write my own job description, it would mimic his.

Yes, you are correct. I sometimes mix these things up. Damn Romans! Why couldn't they just keep the names the same?!
    Halla, I think you and I have even more in common then our different types would suggest.

Also, the romans didn't even have the same alphabet, let alone the same names, You'd be writing ???????? now if they'd kept the original names! P.s. the Greek part is courtesy of google translate, though I did learn ancient Greek in high school it was only for two years and I forgot most of it.
    (removed)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

could i safely guess that most of the posters here are depositing the only name they can think of, and that the rest are googling?

i think i could.
    it's nothing personal about the posters in the thread, i just really doubt we have this many people on the forum who know enough to have a favorite.
    Hey, I watched the original "Clash of the Titans"!
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I would venture to guess that Greece has the most popular and famous traditional mythology in the western world, so it wouldn't surprise me if there were many people that knew a thing or two about it.

Me, I never took classes, I just had a lot of mythology books laying around my parents' house, and they bought me more over time.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Artemis

heart on fire

i think i could.
    Can't speak for anyone else but I took Latin in high school. I know the Greek and Roman gods and godesses.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I would venture to guess that Greece has the most popular and famous traditional mythology in the western world, so it wouldn't surprise me if there were many people that knew a thing or two about it.
    well maybe i'm wrong.

i don't think i am though.

i can't recall the name of the guy, but my favorite was the one who swallowed his own children, only to have them age and develop in his stomach, and emerge as adults.

i don't like his children though.
    assholes. why'd they have to get born and fuck up his life?
    we fukin won boys

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

well maybe i'm wrong.

i don't think i am though.

i can't recall the name of the guy, but my favorite was the one who swallowed his own children, only to have them age and develop in his stomach, and emerge as adults.
    Cronus/Saturn. Youngest of the Titans, and leader of the Titans during the Titanomachy.

i don't like his children though.
    assholes. why'd they have to get born and fuck up his life?
    It seems like the family abuse cycle to me, because Cronus's dad had almost the identical experience with him (though, Ouranos never ate him, at least).

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Gaia was complicit in all of this, and even after this she had an army of giants fight the Olympians, and so on. Pop-culture seems to ignore what a trouble maker Gaia actually was. It tends to go for the benign, hippie, mother earth representation.
    Go to sleep, iguana.