User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: The bear test

  1. #21
    Senior Member Loxias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INxj
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    301

    Default

    1.The room I wake up in is rather small, the air is cool and somewhat moist. The place is well lit thanks to a large window through which I can see a large garden, it is late autumn in Northwestern France outside, it is windy, overcast and somewhat drizzly, I can see lots of tall trees. The bed in the room is a bit small an not totally warm. By the side of the bed there is a small old fashioned (XIXth century) table in dark wood with the clay bust of a young boy and an ancient vase with dark half wilted roses in it.
    The room has a big dark shelf thing with lots of old books in it. The walls have white and beige vertically striped wallpaper, the ceiling is white with a few dark poles to hold it. There is also a small rattan chair. I want to go in the garden when I am fully awake, but by now, I enjoy the waking up gaze over the place, although melancholy floats in the air.

    2.Turns out I get to leave as desired.

    3.To get to the forest, I had to cross the garden, which had lush green grass and lots of beautiful trees, and then the brown earth of the flat fields surrounding. The forest is very dark, the path is surrounded by thorny blackberry bushes (but without blackberries, and nearly no leaves), the rest is dense and unkempt growth of tall old trees, some dead falling over each other. The path is very narrow, goes up and down, it looks abandoned, sometimes I have to go through over dead trees and thorny bushes, and at some points when the forest gets less dense, there is just no path, just big trees everywhere, so I try walking following the same direction that I arrived on, and see what happens, but there is no more path at all.

    4.I am happy to meet that river, it looks familiar, it is a quiet not too wide river, the water flows moderately gently, but it's not deep at all, with lots of little stones, and probably a few tiny fish playing in there. On the other side of the river I can see a clearing with willow trees and lush green tall grasses, it looks very welcoming. There are also small mosquitoes in the air, and the place feels very moist.

    5.I wade through the river, the vessel is an old dark metallic mug, it looks dirty and rusty, like something that a soldier would have been carrying there that fell off. I look at the cup, take it in my hand, but put it back because it's dirty.

    6.The key is quite recent and golden, it looks just like the key from my house, I have no idea what it could open, as I don't see anything that could be opened by it around. Maybe is it a house somewhere in the forest? I can imagine an old forgotten house in the forest, but the key would be a bit too modern for that.

    7.I freeze and think : fuck fuck fuck!!! I try to see the bear's intension and decide to go away from the bear, avoid it.

    8.I try climbing the wall to see what's over it, but I fall on the other side. So, a bit like jumping over it.

    I am not too sure how to analyse it according to what's said in the description. I know that my teenage years were problematic, but this makes it sound even worse. Also, the cup story, that's quite pessimistic. I am not sure I believe the accuracy of this test, but it sure is interesting.
    If anyone feels like it, I'd be very interested in an interpretation from a different point of view.
    NiFiTeSe
    4w5 so/sp
    I 77% E 23%
    N 85% S 15%
    T 51% F 49%
    J 60% P 40%
    average of many test results combined

  2. #22
    Senior Member ObeyBunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Hey everyone. I finnished it. I hope you guys like it.
    Q: "What is the process of seeking the truth?"
    A: "Distilled liquor"

    Q: "If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?"
    A: "Between a starving prostitute and a steak sandwich."

    Q:How would a mathematician capture an elephant?
    A:He would build a cage, step inside, and rename his new location as "outside."

  3. #23
    Senior Member ObeyBunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    so...waiting to respond until you're finished then?
    I've finnsihed it, You can now post your responce.
    Q: "What is the process of seeking the truth?"
    A: "Distilled liquor"

    Q: "If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?"
    A: "Between a starving prostitute and a steak sandwich."

    Q:How would a mathematician capture an elephant?
    A:He would build a cage, step inside, and rename his new location as "outside."

  4. #24
    Senior Member ObeyBunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loxias View Post
    1.The room I wake up in is rather small, the air is cool and somewhat moist.
    The temperature is simply a sneaky way of forcing you to decide whether or not you like the room. Iím not hearing phrases like ďOppressively coldĒ or ďSupper humid, I can hardly breath,Ē so your childhood was probably just fine. The same goes for humidity. So far, nothing sounds like itís outside of your comfort zone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Loxias View Post
    The place is well lit thanks to a large window through which I can see a large garden, it is late autumn in Northwestern France outside, it is windy, overcast and somewhat drizzly, I can see lots of tall trees.
    The fact that you can see into the outside world indicates that you had an Idea of what the future would hold. The fact that itís France outside may indicate that you either had or have some idealistic fantasies about adulthood. After all, what can be more fun that a French time in the sun?

    The fact that itís raining may indicate one of four things.
    1. If you absolutely love the rain, this may indicate that you were simply picturing the outside world at its most favorable. For example, if you said ďHorary- Rain! Disney Land is going to almost deserted. No lines in front of the rides! Wee!Ē

    2. If you HATE the rain, you may think that adulthood is not going to be as easy (or fun) as childhood.

    3. The room you pictured was an actual place somewhere around France and you happen to be picturing it accurately.

    4. The rain may indicate that life was hard for the adults in your life, those people outside of your room, who would have to brave the wind and rain. If you were sitting in your room and you knew a second way to leave without being exposed to the wind and rain, then you thought that life was hard for some people, but not for you.

    The fact that itís both windy and raining indicates that you have no desire to leave your room, itís going to be a pain in the but out there.


    Quote Originally Posted by Loxias View Post
    The bed in the room is a bit small an not totally warm. By the side of the bed there is a small old fashioned (XIXth century) table in dark wood with the clay bust of a young boy and an ancient vase with dark half wilted roses in it.
    Paintings of royalty, busts of Greek philosophers, fancy vasesÖ All these things indicate that you either wanted to be thought of highly or were raised strictly with the intention that you would someday become a great person who was well worth remembering. I think thatís what the vase was about.

    The clay sculpture of the boy thoughÖ Iím not so sure. Was the boy made out of brown muddy looking clay or white ceramic? One has presage, the other does not. Iím fairly certain that the clay boy is supposed to be you.

    The wilted rose may indicate a lost appreciation. Either you no longer approve of being forced to live by a higher standard, or you did not feel appreciated for trying so hard.



    Quote Originally Posted by Loxias View Post
    The room has a big dark shelf thing with lots of old books in it. The walls have white and beige vertically striped wallpaper, the ceiling is white with a few dark poles to hold it. There is also a small rattan chair. I want to go in the garden when I am fully awake, but by now, I enjoy the waking up gaze over the place, although melancholy floats in the air.
    Fair number of things decorating the room = normal amount of memories.

    You say that you want to go outside into the garden, even though it is drizzling and breezy out there, maybe you see value in what others consider unhappy circumstances? Iím not sure about this one. Is your garden somehow protected from the rain or do you have fun splashing in the puddles?

    'Melancholy'? Maybe the rain and wind outside are affecting you and you wish to escape to a better place (garden)


    Quote Originally Posted by Loxias View Post
    2.Turns out I get to leave as desired.
    Yay!

    Quote Originally Posted by Loxias View Post
    3.To get to the forest, I had to cross the garden, which had lush green grass and lots of beautiful trees, and then the brown earth of the flat fields surrounding.
    Youíre simply inserting an extra path from your room to the forest because you knew you were in the middle of the city. At this point, youíre simply using common sense. Iím not sure this part can actually be psycho analyzed because you had a view of these things (except maybe the earth field) from your window. The reason why the forest is meant to represent adolescence is because you would be going from a familiar situation to one you did not perceive. (closed in room to outside) (Childhood to adolescents).

    So, Iím going to analyze the forest normally, and not count the garden and earth fields., Although, they both sound pleasant.



    Quote Originally Posted by Loxias View Post
    The forest is very dark, the path is surrounded by thorny blackberry bushes (but without blackberries, and nearly no leaves), the rest is dense and unkempt growth of tall old trees, some dead falling over each other. The path is very narrow, goes up and down, it looks abandoned, sometimes I have to go through over dead trees and thorny bushes, and at some points when the forest gets less dense, there is just no path, just big trees everywhere, so I try walking following the same direction that I arrived on, and see what happens, but there is no more path at all.
    Damn! Sounds bad! The fact that most of the discomfort came from plants (thorns, trees hogging all the light) indicates that the adults who were in your life immediately after childhood were not giving you much room to spread your wings.

    The fact that the path is narrow indicates that you thought you had few directions to take your life. The fact that the path was abandoned indicates you felt alone during this time. The path being difficult to see in places (from your description, it sounded like the path was build resembling the crests and dips of a washboard.) indicates that you were confused by (and had poor visibility of) the Ďthení near future.

    The fact that the path goes away may indicate that at times, you were frozen with impassible circumstances blocking your progress through life.

    That the forest is not pretty sometimes indicates a hatred for either the adults or the circumstances that they put you though.


    If this isnít the case, then maybe you just had a bad day when you took the test.


    Quote Originally Posted by Loxias View Post
    4.I am happy to meet that river, it looks familiar, it is a quiet not too wide river, the water flows moderately gently, but it's not deep at all, with lots of little stones, and probably a few tiny fish playing in there. On the other side of the river I can see a clearing with willow trees and lush green tall grasses, it looks very welcoming. There are also small mosquitoes in the air, and the place feels very moist.
    Sounds like adulthood, relationships, and perhaps children liberated you. From the sound of things, life lightens up after you met your significant other. Cool. You didnít describe the water as being filthy, so Iíll assume itís clean.

    Quiet waters= subdued sex drive.
    Clean water= no issues regarding sex. (in other words, you donít think sex is dirty)
    Fishes/ mosquitoes or any other animals that owe their lives to the presence of the river = moderately strong desire for children.


    Quote Originally Posted by Loxias View Post
    5.I wade through the river, the vessel is an old dark metallic mug, it looks dirty and rusty, like something that a soldier would have been carrying there that fell off. I look at the cup, take it in my hand, but put it back because it's dirty.
    Going across the water means you are open to new sexual experiences.

    An undecorative metal container (as long as it can still hold water) means a robust and practical marriage (Practical meaning you can see how it benefits you and you are interested in marriage partners mainly for their compatibility with you. )

    Looking at the cup, inspecting it, then putting it down indicates that you are inspecting the usefulness and compatibility of marriage or a partner (The way I phrase things, I end up making it sound cold and heartless, but really, there is nothing wrong with persuing a partner in this way.)

    You find it dirty, so you put the cup back down. =
    You find it him, her, or marriage in general to be salvageable, but not currently worth the effort of fixing or adjusting to. Youíre not interested in marriage with the people who are currently available.


    Quote Originally Posted by Loxias View Post
    6.The key is quite recent and golden, it looks just like the key from my house, I have no idea what it could open, as I don't see anything that could be opened by it around. Maybe is it a house somewhere in the forest? I can imagine an old forgotten house in the forest, but the key would be a bit too modern for that.
    Gaudy keys mean you want a special one-of-a-kind kind of career. But sense you have no idea what it opens, which means you have no specific careers you want to peruse. If the key goes to something that you found along the way though the forest, that indicates that your career is intended to solve a problem that occurred in your life. However, you mentioned that you didnít see anything that the key might go to. Perhaps it unlocks something further ahead?

    Quote Originally Posted by Loxias View Post
    7.I freeze and think : fuck fuck fuck!!! I try to see the bear's intension and decide to go away from the bear, avoid it.
    The bear represents an emergency that you would have to wrestle with. By avoiding the bear, you try to save your skin the safer and easer way. However, leaving the threat sometimes means that it will still be around to haunt you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Loxias View Post
    8.I try climbing the wall to see what's over it, but I fall on the other side. So, a bit like jumping over it.
    Wall = death.
    When I first took this test, that is the exact same answer that I gave. But I didnít get any impute about what it means. Going off of my experience only, Death is something that needs to be cautiously observed. If death (jumping a high wall you could not possibly get back over) doesnít sound that bad, then Iím open to going over. But if I see nothing interesting on the other side, then Iíd probably try to walk along the wall until I did find something worth investigating (Iíd adopt the belief that death is not final, that reincarnation or heaven exists.)


    Quote Originally Posted by Loxias View Post
    I am not too sure how to analyse it according to what's said in the description. I know that my teenage years were problematic, but this makes it sound even worse. Also, the cup story, that's quite pessimistic. I am not sure I believe the accuracy of this test, but it sure is interesting.
    If anyone feels like it, I'd be very interested in an interpretation from a different point of view.
    Sorry if it wasn't accurate. As for the cup, forest, and path, you may have just been having a bad day when you came and took that test.
    Last edited by ObeyBunny; 03-24-2010 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Microsoft word was buggy.
    Q: "What is the process of seeking the truth?"
    A: "Distilled liquor"

    Q: "If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?"
    A: "Between a starving prostitute and a steak sandwich."

    Q:How would a mathematician capture an elephant?
    A:He would build a cage, step inside, and rename his new location as "outside."

  5. #25
    Senior Member Loxias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INxj
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ObeyBunny View Post
    The fact that you can see into the outside world indicates that you had an Idea of what the future would hold. The fact that itís France outside may indicate that you either had or have some idealistic fantasies about adulthood. After all, what can be more fun that a French time in the sun?
    Fun fact, I am French and grew up in France.

    Quote Originally Posted by ObeyBunny View Post
    The fact that itís raining may indicate one of four things.
    1. If you absolutely love the rain, this may indicate that you were simply picturing the outside world at its most favorable. For example, if you said ďHorary- Rain! Disney Land is going to almost deserted. No lines in front of the rides! Wee!Ē

    2. If you HATE the rain, you may think that adulthood is not going to be as easy (or fun) as childhood.

    3. The room you pictured was an actual place somewhere around France and you happen to be picturing it accurately.

    4. The rain may indicate that life was hard for the adults in your life, those people outside of your room, who would have to brave the wind and rain. If you were sitting in your room and you knew a second way to leave without being exposed to the wind and rain, then you thought that life was hard for some people, but not for you.

    The fact that itís both windy and raining indicates that you have no desire to leave your room, itís going to be a pain in the but out there.
    Well I like the rain, and I like walking in the wind and the rain a lot. Actually the rooms looks a lot like a place I know, and the view outside is almost identical to that palce where I usually like to go for walks. The only thing is that it's likeable, but also less comfortable.




    Quote Originally Posted by ObeyBunny View Post
    Paintings of royalty, busts of Greek philosophers, fancy vasesÖ All these things indicate that you either wanted to be thought of highly or were raised strictly with the intention that you would someday become a great person who was well worth remembering. I think thatís what the vase was about.

    The clay sculpture of the boy thoughÖ Iím not so sure. Was the boy made out of brown muddy looking clay or white ceramic? One has presage, the other does not. Iím fairly certain that the clay boy is supposed to be you.

    The wilted rose may indicate a lost appreciation. Either you no longer approve of being forced to live by a higher standard, or you did not feel appreciated for trying so hard.
    It's quite true that I really wanted to be thought of highly and had a strong feeling of inadequacy in regards to others as a kid. The boy is in clay.




    Fair number of things decorating the room = normal amount of memories.

    Quote Originally Posted by ObeyBunny View Post
    You say that you want to go outside into the garden, even though it is drizzling and breezy out there, maybe you see value in what others consider unhappy circumstances? Iím not sure about this one. Is your garden somehow protected from the rain or do you have fun splashing in the puddles?

    'Melancholy'? Maybe the rain and wind outside are affecting you and you wish to escape to a better place (garden)
    As I said, I think I just like walking in the rain and wind, it makes me feel alive and gets the thoughts and inspiration going. So it's no surprise, if I were in a room like this, I would go out.

    Quote Originally Posted by ObeyBunny View Post
    Yay!


    Youíre simply inserting an extra path from your room to the forest because you knew you were in the middle of the city. At this point, youíre simply using common sense. Iím not sure this part can actually be psycho analyzed because you had a view of these things (except maybe the earth field) from your window. The reason why the forest is meant to represent adolescence is because you would be going from a familiar situation to one you did not perceive. (closed in room to outside) (Childhood to adolescents).

    So, Iím going to analyze the forest normally, and not count the garden and earth fields., Although, they both sound pleasant.
    I think it's more a question of a logic here. I couldn't see a forest from the window, so I'd have to cross the garden and fields to get there.




    Quote Originally Posted by ObeyBunny View Post
    Damn! Sounds bad! The fact that most of the discomfort came from plants (thorns, trees hogging all the light) indicates that the adults who were in your life immediately after childhood were not giving you much room to spread your wings.

    The fact that the path is narrow indicates that you thought you had few directions to take your life. The fact that the path was abandoned indicates you felt alone during this time. The path being difficult to see in places (from your description, it sounded like the path was build resembling the crests and dips of a washboard.) indicates that you were confused by (and had poor visibility of) the Ďthení near future.

    The fact that the path goes away may indicate that at times, you were frozen with impassible circumstances blocking your progress through life.

    That the forest is not pretty sometimes indicates a hatred for either the adults or the circumstances that they put you though.


    If this isnít the case, then maybe you just had a bad day when you took the test.
    I did have a difficult teenage years, especially in regards to my father, a lot of violent circumstances, as well as school problems, then problems with my stepfather too. I won't go too much in depth on it, but just that it was a period of intense anxiety. So the test has some accuracy.


    Quote Originally Posted by ObeyBunny View Post
    Sounds like adulthood, relationships, and perhaps children liberated you. From the sound of things, life lightens up after you met your significant other. Cool. You didnít describe the water as being filthy, so Iíll assume itís clean.

    Quiet waters= subdued sex drive.
    Clean water= no issues regarding sex. (in other words, you donít think sex is dirty)
    Fishes/ mosquitoes or any other animals that owe their lives to the presence of the river = moderately strong desire for children.
    And interesting fact is that all along I knew I was going to reach this river and was going to talk abotu it even if the test didn't ask.
    However, I am still young (21) and haven't found any SO yet.
    I think I have a quite strong sex drive, but it's very much under control at the same time. But I don't find sex dirty, and yeah, I would like to have children at some point.




    Quote Originally Posted by ObeyBunny View Post
    Going across the water means you are open to new sexual experiences.

    An undecorative metal container (as long as it can still hold water) means a robust and practical marriage (Practical meaning you can see how it benefits you and you are interested in marriage partners mainly for their compatibility with you. )

    Looking at the cup, inspecting it, then putting it down indicates that you are inspecting the usefulness and compatibility of marriage or a partner (The way I phrase things, I end up making it sound cold and heartless, but really, there is nothing wrong with persuing a partner in this way.)

    You find it dirty, so you put the cup back down. =
    You find it him, her, or marriage in general to be salvageable, but not currently worth the effort of fixing or adjusting to. Youíre not interested in marriage with the people who are currently available.
    I do indeed see marriage ina very functional way, I am not touched at all by romantic aspects of it as I see long lasting love (and its beauty and romantic aspects) to be independent of marriage. So yes it's quite accurate. And at the moment I don't know anyone worth marrying either. Quite impressive.


    Quote Originally Posted by ObeyBunny View Post
    Gaudy keys mean you want a special one-of-a-kind kind of career. But sense you have no idea what it opens, which means you have no specific careers you want to peruse. If the key goes to something that you found along the way though the forest, that indicates that your career is intended to solve a problem that occurred in your life. However, you mentioned that you didnít see anything that the key might go to. Perhaps it unlocks something further ahead?
    An interesting fact that I didn't mention is that the key I found is identical to a key I have that opens a friend's house (in Sydney), and my friend is studying cinema, while I am studying photography. And I have alway considered the option of working as a cinematographer (director of photography) in the film industry. But it's true that I have several possible ideas of carreers at the moment, so no surprise that I wouldn't know what the key opens.

    Quote Originally Posted by ObeyBunny View Post
    The bear represents an emergency that you would have to wrestle with. By avoiding the bear, you try to save your skin the safer and easer way. However, leaving the threat sometimes means that it will still be around to haunt you.
    Hmrff, I hope I'll improve this aspect about myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by ObeyBunny View Post
    Wall = death.
    When I first took this test, that is the exact same answer that I gave. But I didnít get any impute about what it means. Going off of my experience only, Death is something that needs to be cautiously observed. If death (jumping a high wall you could not possibly get back over) doesnít sound that bad, then Iím open to going over. But if I see nothing interesting on the other side, then Iíd probably try to walk along the wall until I did find something worth investigating (Iíd adopt the belief that death is not final, that reincarnation or heaven exists.)
    Actually, my thought was : if there's a wall, there must be something interesting on the other side, or maybe infinite forest, I have to check it out.
    An in a way, when I think of death, I see it as a passage to something more interesting. Eventhough it goes against my more rational views, I have this irrationnal instinct that there is something on the other side that is of interest.
    However, I have to say I am still quite afraid of death at the moment. Although one of my main objectives is to get rid of this fear.

    It was surprisingly accurate and very interesting, thanks a lot.
    NiFiTeSe
    4w5 so/sp
    I 77% E 23%
    N 85% S 15%
    T 51% F 49%
    J 60% P 40%
    average of many test results combined

  6. #26
    Senior Member ObeyBunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    Okay, my answers aren't always analysable, so I guess I'll just post them. Can anybody say what it means?
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    1: Itís warm in the room. The sun is shining through the window. The walls are purple, but theyíre covered with treeish plants. There us a fluffy, dark red carpet on the floor and the floor itself is made out of cherry wood. The room smells like cinnamon. The bed that Iím lying in is made out of old wood, the matras is soft and the pillow and the balnket are gold, with green and orange decoration. There is a fireplace on my left, this fireplace is dark brown.
    Everything sounds vibrant, colorful, wonderful, and otherwise kick ass. The overall feeling of this room means that your childhood was something wonderful. (and if it wasnít, that just means that you have a tremendous sense of optimism. I mean, you had the opportunity to visualize any room, but you expected to be someplace wonderful when you were so suddenly thrust into a new situation.)

    As for the individual objects, rich stained woods and gold trimmed objects indicate a desire for grandeur or exceptional beauty. Although I think they are down played in comparison to the Purple wall and red rug- a desire to be unique?

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    2: I want to stay in the room. The bed is way too comfy to even thing about getting up!
    You may find your self fantasizing about going back in time and reliving certain parts of your childhood. Unfortunately, adulthood comes whether we want it to or not. If you know for a fact that your childhood wasnít that great, then maybe you were treating yourself to a nice mental reward.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    3: The forest smells really nice. The trees are huge and theyíre green and purple, but they're also thin and they don't have many leaves.
    Your forest is fanciful, which may indicate that you also find the real world to fanciful on some level. If this is the case, you probably are taken aback by the interconnected relationships of nature, cultural behaviors, and human understandings of science, morals, and religion. If this is true, you may catch yourself thinking how alien the real world is.

    Although, this may indicate the exact opposite. You my be so damned unimpressed with the real world that, when given the chance, you take yourself to a fanciful land that has little resemblance to the places that you are exposed to on a daily basis.

    Either way, you donít view life the way that your family, classmates, or coworkers who are merely satisfied with the way things are do.
    --===---
    Now, about the trees being thin and airy (few leaves). I think in your case this has less to do with passive adults during your adolescent years, and more to do with knowing where your boundaries were (having an understanding of what you were capable of.) I get this idea because leaves werenít blocking your view of what was around you (Iím assuming that you could see around the trunks of the trees and see deep into the forest.)

    I made a misstatement when I said that the forest is representative of adolescence and that the trees themselves represent adults. The forest actually represents life after an enormous chance (such as childhood) and the trees representing visual optical that prevent you from knowing where life will take you.

    In other words, I think this represents you knowing what otherís expect of you and weather or not you could do it. Iím actually not as sure as I should be on this part of the test.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    The forest itself is dark, but there are many brightly colored butterflies flying around that light up the place with tiny little candles. The butterflies are everywhere. There are dragonflies too, orange ones and green ones. The path is easily navigated. Itís quite straight, actually. Itís narrow. There are lots of plants growing on this path, so it isnít really visible, but there are rocks on both sides of it, so this makes it easier to see. I guess itís old. It used to be well-traveled in the past, but people stopped using it. Maybe because itís dangerous.
    .

    The forest being dark is negated by the butterflies that were illuminating the scenery. The tiny sources of light in an otherwise dark, impassible place may be a sign that you were making do with a bad situation by diving into your imagination.

    The fact that the path is difficult to actually see, even though you know where it is indicates that you knew what you should be doing (Iím talking about life in general now) but couldnít see the actual steps involved. For example, you may have had an overall idea that you wanted to do (X) for a living, but you didnít know what to do to get there.

    The fact that the path is strait (you can see a long distance ahead of you) indicates that you had a fair idea of what life had in store for you in the long run. (for example, you may not know if you are going to get an ĎFí on your midterm, but you know that youíll have your degree 5 years from now.)

    The fact that the road was in high use in the past, but is no longer used.

    That last part about it being dangerous- Iím not sure if it indicates in you a sense of adventure or a fear of the unknown. Considering that your forest is populated with cool glow-in-the-dark butterflies, Iím going to say that itís a desire to have more adventure (epically magical-ish ones).

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    4: Itís a pond, with a geyser in the middle. But itís not really water. It looks like water, it's even a bit bluer and clearer than normal water, but it tastes like pineapple. I like it. I drink some of the water and then I swim through it it. There are still many butterflies and dragonflies, but there is also a tiger sleeping by the pond, lying in the sun.
    The water is how you view sex. The fact that it doesnít look like regular water (and in fact has superior qualities than regular water) indicates that you think sex should beÖ supper-duper-fantastic. If youíve never had any, then this is how you think sex will be- namely, supper duper fantastic.

    Sounds like the tiger is either you or how you view your perfect mate. Iím leaning towards ďperfect mate.Ē If so, the tigerís personality qualities, as well as what you think it does when it is not asleep, are the same for what you want your perfect mate to have.

    For example, if you think that the tiger has a strong sense of morals, the same is true for what you want is a guy/girl. If you think that the tiger will hunt for you, then you may want your dream-guy/dream-girl to take care of you (and perhaps treat you like royalty) and be the main provider in the relationship.

    Also, how is the tiger sleeping? Is he lying on his back, belly to the sun, with a extraordinarily happy expression on his face? This may mean that you want your significant other to be laid back and have a constant positive attitude towards life (as apposed to being a serious person all the time and being a total ďJĒ personality.) If the tiger is curled into something like a ball with his head close to his knees (of his back legs) with furrowed eyebrows, then this may indicate that you see this person as suffering from stress/anxiety.

    The main idea is what you think the tiger is like when he is awake.


    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    5: Itís a cup, a very normal one, the kind my grandmother owns. The cup is with and it has blue flowers painted on it, but itís dirty. I take it to the geyser and wash it. It stays dirty and so I put it back.
    The fact that the cup is normal or common looking indicates that the person the cup represents (marriage partner/marriage in general) doesnít seem very romantic (Iím assuming that the cup is just a blank white cup that someone had done a poor job of painting flowers on top of it).

    The fact that the cup has been later painted with decorative artwork indicates that the person is superficially romantic/passionate, but really it is just an act to please you. The fact that it is soiled and un-cleanable indicates that you find this as a flaw.

    If I didnít know about the tiger part, Iíd say that you tried to fix someone (or heal their past emotional wounds with the power of love) but they remained unchanged, and ultimately, you had to give them up (the washing it then returning it part).

    But now Iím not so sure. The tiger from before and this cup are giving me conflicting messages. If I could hazard a guess, Iíd say that the tiger is how you view your perfect guy/girl, and the cup is the kind of person you actually found. Going by the fact that the cup is permanently dirty, Iíd say that the person you actually found falls well short of your initial expectations (or maybe you two broke up when you first took this test.)

    [QUOTE=Saint Kat;1080794]
    6: The key is old, probably Medieval. Itís made out of gold. I think itís made to unlock a treasure chest.
    QUOTE]
    A key that unlocks treasure almost universally indicates that you want your career to enrich your personal life (not just monetarily, but maybe it could patch the wholes in your relationships, make you more popular, personal safety, etc).

    The fact that the key is made out of something precious indicates that others will see your career as cool/respectable as well. If this is so, then maybe the ďenrichmentĒ part deals with becoming more popular.

    Iíd say that ďOldĒ indicates that you want a traditional career, but nothing about your girney has seemed traditional to me. I think the fact that itís old has more to do with the fact that itís going to yield you a ďkingís treasure.Ē

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    7: I greet the bear, and then I give him a jar of honey. The bear is happy. He starts eating the honey, I give him a hug and then I go back into the forest.
    Diplomacy when solving a critical situation. This is an interesting and quite often useful tactical maneuver when dealing with potential enemies: finding what they want, giving it to them, and turning them into alleys. Fascinating captain.

    But actually, the bear represents crisis in general. This includes natural disasters, sudden poverty, disease, or even writerís block. In these cases, there is not really a single entity that could be made into a friend. From your answer, Iím not really sure how you would react to predicament that was beyond anyoneís control.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    8: Depends what the other side looks like. First I take a look, and then I decide. If I like it, I climb over it. If not, I go back.
    Sounds like youíre not sure if death is going to be okay or not. Is it going to yield something worth going towards (like heaven)? Or is it just a big black void of no stimulation and no thought (like an atheistís idea of what comes after death)?

    Based on your answers (either hop over or walk away, nothing else), Iím guessing that if you find death to NOT be something worth going towards, then you will try to preoccupied your mind as much as possible (never thinking about it) and deny the thought of ďsome day I will dieĒ from your subconscious.
    ---
    ---
    ---
    Sorry it took so long. I didn't quite know how to handle your answers so I tried doing some reasurch on it, but after a while I forgot that I had not answered your questions.

    Sorry.
    Q: "What is the process of seeking the truth?"
    A: "Distilled liquor"

    Q: "If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?"
    A: "Between a starving prostitute and a steak sandwich."

    Q:How would a mathematician capture an elephant?
    A:He would build a cage, step inside, and rename his new location as "outside."

  7. #27
    Senior Member Ming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP
    Posts
    491

    Default

    1. The room is like an office; it is clean and pristine. It's tidy + the air is fresh. There is a skyscraper view! (A big and clean window) There are tall plants everywhere; in pots with nice soil. There is a computer, and one of those tick thingys which go back and forth. There is a TV, a water tank, some fish; and almost anything else that will make this seem like a dream office room.

    2. b -> I want to stay!

    3. It is luscious and fresh; tall trees. It is like a jungle, a paradise! The trees are abundant on either side of the path... There are beautiful vines among these trees, and there is a clear path for me to enjoy the view! Yay! The path is easily navigated, narrow (the path is narrow, but I can stretch my arms out and enjoy the space) and I can hear rustles of leaves as I step on this path (The path is made of brown leaves; dried up yet crisp and fresh!). I seem to be the first one on this path! There are animals, like bears, but they are harmless and seem to wave as I go past. I can see glitters of sunshine; striking my eyes with brilliance... It is bright and a nice day!

    4. There is a small creek (the creek flows smoothly and nicely along!) a little river leading to a pond. The water is fresh and clean, and I can see little fish swimming everywhere. I take a drink! And the fish hurry past my hands; I can feel the smoothness of the fishes! The taste is refreshing under such a hot day.. I love it!

    a -> I hop across it, with glee! It's small, so why not? It's fun this way!

    5. It is a plastic bottle! It is useful, and it is clean and unused! I take it with me (Fill up with water first); in case I get thirsty!

    a -> I take the bottle with me! + c -> I fill it up!

    6 The key is ancient; like one opening a door/wardrobe in a fairytale. It is large, and long, and seems like almost an artifact, There is a little rust, but when I rub over it, it doesn't fall off. It seems as if it's enchanted. I think it unlocks something mysterious, yet enlightening.. It's a little heavy, but I like it that way!

    7 a -> I will confront it! Though I will take care in my steps; and try to calm it down first. If it is obviously angry/stronger, I will leave off the path and try to find a way around. Or hide!

    8 b Try to go around the wall; if I can't find a way through, I'll choose to go back the way I came. If I can't see what's beyond the wall that is. If it is something that I believe I will need to get through, I will.

    There.. let's see how it goes.. the results..

  8. #28
    Senior Member Shimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    SEXY
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    Wow, very entertaining.

    1.

    large room, a quarter circle in shape, it has a wooden floor and ceiling, comfortable but minimalistic furniture, high rug on the floor, big bookcase against the wall, giant windows overlooking a canopy on the bend side of the quarter circle.

    2.

    Yes I want to leave it to see what'll happen.

    3.

    It's on a hilltop, the path leading up to it, the trees are big and high, with leaves mostly at the top. It's a pretty dense forest but light still comes trough in beams from between the leaves.

    It's a dirtpath and it's is wide at the beginning of the forest, but it quickly gets narrower. It's very bendy with some roots coming through the surface. The path is clearly outlined next to the forest floor, but because it's an uneven terrain so you sometimes have to walk to the top of the next hill before you can see the next stretch.

    4.

    It's a small stream, about 5 foot wide, shallow, and quickly streaming in it's meandering bed, like hill streams tend to do.

    I cross it by jumping over it.

    5.

    It's an army style water flask, I leave it behind.

    6.

    The key is big, made from some sort of steel, decorated on the end with engraved lines, and several gems. It unlocks a chest with gold.

    7.

    I avoid the bear.

    8.

    I jump over the wall.
    (removed)

  9. #29
    Senior Member ObeyBunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Yours was a very difficult case. Almost every line contradicted another line within the same paragraph. One line will lead me to believe that you lived though some terrible situation, and then one a few lines later will indicate the opposite. One line will lead me to believe that you had an overly structured childhood; the next line will say that you had total freedom. Iím not sure what to make of this?
    ---
    ---
    ---

    (Did you read through the answer section before taking the test? If you did, the test can not work.)

    Iím rather new to psychoanalyzing peopleís answers, so forgive me as Iím probably about to be very wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    1. The room is like an office; it is clean and pristine. It's tidy + the air is fresh. There is a skyscraper view! (A big and clean window) There are tall plants everywhere; in pots with nice soil. There is a computer, and one of those tick thingies which go back and forth. There is a TV, a water tank, some fish; and almost anything else that will make this seem like a dream office room.
    There are a fair number of things in the room, so you have a fair number of memories of your childhood.

    The fact that you have a skyscraper view may indicate that you had a desire for prestige, recognition from peers, or to rub the noses of people you donít like in your success.

    Itís an office:
    The fact that the room you see is an office probably has less to do with how rigid your parents may have been, and more to do with the fact that offices are interesting places to explore (when youíre a kid.) The reason why I think this is because you mention that the office has a view (Which I think you liked) and there are lots of healthy plants around.

    TVís and those Ďtick tock things with the 5 metal balls on stringsí are indicators that you wanted fun things to play with and explore in your life.

    I suppose that if you had them because if you had said something like ďThereíre all these neat things, but they belong to somebody else and I was told not to touch them,Ē that would indicate that lead a superficially grand life but you couldnít actually have fun with it. But this is not what you said.

    Plants:
    Plants in this first room tend to indicate exactly how you felt while you were in your childhood. For example, potted plants that are full of life indicate that you had a healthy, robust, attitude who lived life relatively happy (in childhood at least). If you saw a short wilting plant in dry soil, then you would have been saddened easily as a kid. You didnít mention flowers, but I might as well talk about them in case you actually did see them.

    Flowers (if any)
    Regular flowers (and their size in relation to the rest of the plant) indicate hope, being outgoing (such as daisies, posies, dandelions, or any other common flower). Tiny flowers (smaller than nickels) indicate that you were reserved (introverted), large ones (larger than the ring left by the bottom of a can of coke) indicate that you were a happy extravert, huge flowers (larger than a small dinner plate) may indicate that you were a pompous jerk with an enormous ego.

    Roses or any other vibrant red flowers indicate love or affection. Dieing ones indicate lost love, or lost affection- for example, you might see dry papery rose buds if your parents walked out of your life, or if they simply stopped praising you. Healthy ones indicate the opposite, that you had an abundance of love.

    Fish in this first room:
    You mentioned fish in a fish tank. Iím going to go out on a limb and say that you had near constant company (of people who were within 10 years your own age) of people you liked. Iím thinking that these fish represent the presents of siblings or friends who would pal around with you until you practically were called to bed.

    If I might ask, were you thinking of your fatherís workplace when you were inside this room?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    2. b -> I want to stay!
    The room was your childhood, and choosing to leave it meant that you accepted the change from childhood to adolescence. Wanting to stay meant that you did not want to grow up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    3. It is luscious and fresh; tall trees. It is like a jungle, a paradise! The trees are abundant on either side of the path... There are beautiful vines among these trees, and there is a clear path for me to enjoy the view! Yay! The path is easily navigated, narrow (the path is narrow, but I can stretch my arms out and enjoy the space) and I can hear rustles of leaves as I step on this path (The path is made of brown leaves; dried up yet crisp and fresh!). I seem to be the first one on this path! There are animals, like bears, but they are harmless and seem to wave as I go past. I can see glitters of sunshine; striking my eyes with brilliance... It is bright and a nice day!
    --- side note:
    Iím not sure why, but even for people who were forced out of wonderful childhoods almost always see a spectacularly peaceful/beautiful forest. Apparently, thereís little resentment, even though they didnít want the change.
    ---/side note

    Tall trees that block your view of the sun may indicate that the adults in your life (during your teenage years) were limiting your freedom. That the forest is thick indicates that there were a lot of adults who had such influence.

    You didnít mention if the ground (not the path) had grass, unoccupied dirt, leaves, or short saplings. Lower plants (like saplings, tree roots, or tall grass) indicate obstacles that had less power than the main adults in your life (like teachers may have influenced you only slightly [personality wise, optimism/pessimism wise, career choice wise])

    The path itself is narrow, but there is open space on either side of the path (before the roots of the trees start.) This indicates that what most people would see as a tight/difficult situation with very little breathing room, you managed to make it into a survivable, if not comfortable, situation.

    The path is easily navigated= you werenít confused by the changes from going from childhood to adolescents (you may not have liked it, but you knew how to maneuver though life and survive)

    Youíre the first one on the path, but are proud of itÖ Emotional isolation has become your badge of honor?

    Youíre the first person to have animals witnessing you at this early stage of the journey. Did they seem like they were imaginary friends? Meaning, did they feel like friends welcoming you home, casual observers rooting for you, people you donít like who were inviting you on some dangerous journey that would ultimately lead to something bad happening, props placed there so that someone could examine your reaction and perhaps change what was going to happen to you on your walk through the forest?

    Were welcoming you, waving goodbye, or trying to get your attention?

    Iím thinking that they are celebrating your arrival, or else you would have mentioned something.

    -----Actually, youíre giving me conflicting statements. Tall trees that make walls of themselves along the path (many adults) but an easily navigated path (you knew what to expect), not to mention that you mention how everything is beautiful. SoÖ does this mean that you thrived, despite a lack of freedom? Or were you just treating yourself to a mental paradise because you had just come home from a tough day of school?----

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    4. There is a small creek (the creek flows smoothly and nicely along!) a little river leading to a pond. The water is fresh and clean, and I can see little fish swimming everywhere. I take a drink! And the fish hurry past my hands; I can feel the smoothness of the fishes! The taste is refreshing under such a hot day.. I love it!
    The fact that the water is first thin (weak creek) then wide (pooling water) might indicate a change in your idea of sexuality. Maybe you werenít interested at first, but later started thinking of it as more interesting.

    The water is clean. That means you have no issues regarding sex (you donít think sex is dirty.)

    Fish tend to mean you have a strong desire for children or at least people you can pass along your life experiences to (like a protťgť).

    You didnít mention the day being hot before. Was it hot at the start of your trip or did the temperature gradually increase as you progressed down the path?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    a -> I hop across it, with glee! It's small, so why not? It's fun this way!
    Walking over (crossing as apposed to walking around it) means that you are willing to have new experiences with sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    5. It is a plastic bottle! It is useful, and it is clean and unused! I take it with me (Fill up with water first); in case I get thirsty!
    The container is practical. This means that you look at marriage in terms of compatibility, chances of success, mutual dependability, honesty in a partnerĖ you donít just view it as a romantic adventure.

    You take the cup (plastic soda bottle). This means that you are interested in marriage.

    You filled the bottle. Sex will be important in your relationship.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    a -> I take the bottle with me! + c -> I fill it up!
    Apparently, you were going to include the part about taking the bottle and filling it, regardless of whether or not I mentioned it in my test.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    6 The key is ancient; like one opening a door/wardrobe in a fairytale. It is large, and long, and seems like almost an artifact, There is a little rust, but when I rub over it, it doesn't fall off. It seems as if it's enchanted. I think it unlocks something mysterious, yet enlightening.. It's a little heavy, but I like it that way!
    ------(wardrobe, fairy tail, magical keysÖ were you thinking of the chronicles of Narnia?)-----

    The key is your career, and the way that it looks is how other people think of that career.

    Magical keys indicate unrealistically high expectations for your career. (I bet you want to be an astronaut, be the lone scientist who creates the cure for all forms of cancer, or you want to create a computer program that can download your personality into the internet so that you can effetely live forever.)

    The key unlocks ďsomething enlighteningĒÖ knowledge? Do you want to be a famous psychologist (up there in recognition with Pavlov and Freud?)
    Actually, you sounded like you were alluding to the ďChronicles of Narnnia,Ē -a famous childrenís book about young kids who become the heroes of a magical world that is altogether separate from the world that the kids came from- Iím beginning to wonder if you want to become a fiction writer of fantasy novels. Iím not sure on this one. Tell me if Iím wrong.

    Rust that canít be dusted off. The way that your key looks represents how others will see your career. Rust may indicate that the people around you wonít think the career is all that exiting, doesnít carry much prestige, wonít earn you much money, or is something that most anyone can do (which is usually not the case. I know about 5 people around me who say ďI can write a best selling book- if only I had the time,Ē and they can scarcely write two complete sentences next to each other. But they still mock writers who take a full year to write a book.)

    Anyway, it sounds like youíll really enjoy your career, even if others donít seem to share your enthusiasm.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    7 a -> I will confront it! Though I will take care in my steps; and try to calm it down first. If it is obviously angry/stronger, I will leave off the path and try to find a way around. Or hide!
    Good idea assessing the bear first before charging at it. The bear symbolizes crisis- such as natural disasters, a bomb going off, a guy with a knife in your home, etc. Confronting the bear means solving your problems right then and there (as apposed to letting them linger around to harm you later.) The hands-on approach, however, can get you injured.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    8 b Try to go around the wall; if I can't find a way through, I'll choose to go back the way I came. If I can't see what's beyond the wall that is. If it is something that I believe I will need to get through, I will.
    The wall is death.
    Going around it means that you do not belive that death is final (you belive that life goes on in some form.)
    If religon does not work for you, you wil close your eyes and try not to think about the posiblity of dieing- no acceptance what so ever.

    *If it is something that I believe I will need to get through, I will.* heroism?


    Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    There.. let's see how it goes.. the results..
    Tell me exactly how I was wrong so that I can better my psychoanalyzing technique.

    I donít mind taking criticism. For every instance that Iím wrong, please tell me.
    Q: "What is the process of seeking the truth?"
    A: "Distilled liquor"

    Q: "If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?"
    A: "Between a starving prostitute and a steak sandwich."

    Q:How would a mathematician capture an elephant?
    A:He would build a cage, step inside, and rename his new location as "outside."

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    528

    Default

    I ran through this fast it seems, though I am not usually interested in lots of detail. When things stopped coming to mind, I moved to the next question. There were no animals or other interlopers besides the bear, key, and cup.

    1. The room has a comfortable temperature, very slightly cold like an office. It is a square or rectangular room. Small. Nondescript white paint, nondescript floor. I originally envisioned the room as being completely empty, but then I added a big mirror on the wall.

    2. I definitely want to leave the room.

    3. The forest is dark and misty, but more moody than obscure / ominous. The forest is interesting and I want to pass through and explore. Trees are relatively large and relatively dense. Not dense enough to slow me much if I wanted to run through them. Forest is flat terrain.

    The path is filled with undulations and irregularities, though this does not hinder me at all. A smooth path would perhaps be calming to look at but it would be boring. My path is not boring. Path is narrow, abandoned, and faint, though I do not have too much trouble following it.

    4. It is a swiftly flowing stream about ten feet wide. Water is clear and cold, knee deep. Bottom of stream bed is rocky; filled with rocks about 30cm in diameter. I wade across without hesitation, wearing my boots. Trying to avoid (not that I especially want to avoid it) the stream would be futile, I would probably fall in.

    5. Cup is plain, oval, and wooden. I leave it, I do not examine it or pay it much heed. The cup is not mine and is perhaps part of the forest (belongs to the forest).

    6. Key is plain, modern, small, and slightly worn. I think it might unlock a treasure, were I to find some. If I had the option to leave the key I would have just continued along without picking it up.

    7. I stand at the side of the trail as if to let the bear pass. I watch the bear. There is no point to confronting the bear. I have no interest in hiding from the bear, I just do not want to provoke the bear.

    8. Jump the wall. I want to see the other side.


    Test is definitely not inaccurate for me.

Similar Threads

  1. The Eye Test
    By MerkW in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 02-29-2016, 09:34 PM
  2. The Bear Test
    By Ginkgo in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 09-04-2011, 03:20 PM
  3. [MBTItm] So I did the MBTI test in reverse....
    By BlackOp in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 02:41 PM
  4. The Logic Test - What do YOU score?
    By Mindan in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 07-23-2008, 12:23 AM
  5. The Materialist Test
    By FranG in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 07:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO