User Tag List

First 789

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

I've never had to use a weapon in self-defense, and honestly I don't think that if I had to use one I would be good at using it. I'm pathetic just dicing carrots. I don't really see how I could in the midst of my anxiety from being attacked by a stranger cut out someone's pancreas in one fell swoop with my handy dandy machete. It's just not going to happen.

I also have a very strange relationship with weapons. I know why they're useful and appreciate them for that, but I still hate them. & I mean, really hate them, particularly guns. If I know one is in the same room, the same house, the same block as I am, my anxiety level goes through the roof. It's an automatic response. Interestingly enough, most of the adult male members of my family own a gun [I don't know if that's Southern thing or not], and many of the boys in high school who hunted deer and stuff always carried a knife. I certainly should be more accustomed to the idea, but it still frightens me how easily anyone in this country can attain a gun. Personally, I believe it would be in everyone's best interest if we had strict gun regulation here like in Europe, and as a result the murder and crime would deplete considerably, but alas, no one listens to a bunch of hippies&freethinkers.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    I also have a very strange relationship with weapons. I know why they're useful and appreciate them for that, but I still hate them. & I mean, really hate them, particularly guns. If I know one is in the same room, the same house, the same block as I am, my anxiety level goes through the roof. It's an automatic response.
    You know, you can probably get treatment for that if you really want to.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    You know, you can probably get treatment for that if you really want to.
    I don't know if I care enough.

I'm not around guns a lot, so... I guess it doesn't matter?

- What weapons do you own?

ping

- Do you know how to use them?

easy: ping target_name

- Have you used them? How did you feel about it afterward?

almost poweful

- Are these weapons merely for the deterrent effect in case an intruder attacks your home (or car... etc)?

yeah, occasionally i ping random targets so that word spreads: i have ping installed.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I wouldn't necissarily call them weapons though I can make them such if I need to...

- Are these weapons merely for the deterrent effect in case an intruder attacks your home (or car... etc)?
    No, just decoration, tools, or sport equipment.

Some better than others.

- If push came to shove, would you use them in case of an attack?
    Yes.

- Have you used them? How did you feel about it afterward?
    Yes, a well constructed canvas backpack with 35kg of text books can be quite the effective mass weapon. You can use it like a flail, a ram, a shield, a garote... the possibilities are endless and I've only used three of them so far.

Back in junior high I was known for the weapons I'd make out of office supplies, some of which could be constructed, fired once, and deconstructed into inconspicuous objects in 20s.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I've seen quite a few posters here mention that they had a knife within reach of their bed and one or two (prolly more) have mentioned that they keep a gun in the house.

I was wondering:

Knives... all sorts of sizes... in the kitchen. I really don't consider them to be weapons but, of course, they can be used as such.

No, they are for cooking.

Yes, I am very good at chopping food. But to use them on people... yuck. Um. No.

- If push came to shove, would you use them in case of an attack?

No, I think that I'd prefer to lock myself into the bathroom or jump out the window and run and scream.

- Have you used them?

Only for cooking.

How did you feel about it afterward?
    Well fed.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

This should have a poll.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post
    What about if you were (hypothetically) restrained by a burglar while his accomplice(s) carted away all your valuables. Would you attempt to use it then if you had the knife on your person?
    If they have no intention of killing me, then I won't do anything. People regularly get convicted here because they physically injured burglars and stuff. Self defense is a very thin line.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    If they have no intention of killing me, then I won't do anything. People regularly get convicted here because they physically injured burglars and stuff. Self defense is a very thin line.
    That's why you're supposed to make them disappear, the law is just a guideline anyway.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]