User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    It's tentatively called Ni "humor". It's characterized by a lack of any sort of concrete correlation with the real world.
    I think I got it. But then I thought there may be some even funnier undertones that made Jaguar crack up like he did.

p.s. Don't knock the Ni.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post
    Never mess with rural Mid-westerners.

Noted.
    though it may sound badass, they're generally carried for cutting up apples, cutting baling twine and "doing" one's nails if you're male
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Ah, but have any of you used a weapon in self-defiance?

You know, like maybe you're really hungry, and there's this cupcake, and you know it's the last one and it's supposed to go to your friend, but it just looks sooo tasty, and you're sooo hungry, and you keep starting to reach out for it, until you end up stabbing your own hand with a swtich blade to prevent your transgression.

Ever done that?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post
    I think I got it. But then I thought there may be some even funnier undertones that made Jaguar crack up like he did.
    The horse jumped over de fence.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Depending on where you live, of course. And whether they also had a weapon. I prefer something less lethal, unless absolutely necessary.
    I agree, it really depends on a lot of factors such as location, how reasonable the force, any applicable criminal backgrounds (especially the perps as opposed to "victim's" (i.e. the guy who loses) rap sheet) what force one defends against, how lazy/corrupt/fair/busy/funded/politically pressured the police or DA office in jurisdiction of the incident. One factor is usually not dispositive...its generally a weighing of the applicable factors mixed with luck.

These things are pretty cool (especially combined with pepper spray) but best to double check the applicable jurisdiction's laws before ordering (also don't bring to a gun fight).

ASP 26" Airweight Expandable Police Baton w/ Foam Grip F26FA - Blade HQ
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Ah, but have any of you used a weapon in self-defiance?

You know, like maybe you're really hungry, and there's this cupcake, and you know it's the last one and it's supposed to go to your friend, but it just looks sooo tasty, and you're sooo hungry, and you keep starting to reach out for it, until you end up stabbing your own hand with a swtich blade to prevent your transgression.

Ever done that?
    Only accidentally(if you can call it an accident...). I was sharpening a combat knife I have, and accidentally got some oil on the hand holding the hilt. At which time my hand 'decided' to let go, and drop the knife point first into my left leg just above the knee.

Unbeknownst to me, my left hand had been holding a grudge against my left knee for several years. And apparently decided that it was the perfect moment to take his revenge.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I agree, it really depends on a lot of factors such as location, how reasonable the force, any applicable criminal backgrounds (especially the perps as opposed to "victim's" (i.e. the guy who loses) rap sheet) what force one defends against, how lazy/corrupt/fair/busy/funded/politically pressured the police or DA office in jurisdiction of the incident. One factor is usually not dispositive...its generally a weighing of the applicable factors mixed with luck.

These things are pretty cool (especially combined with pepper spray) but best to double check the applicable jurisdiction's laws before ordering (also don't bring to a gun fight).

ASP 26" Airweight Expandable Police Baton w/ Foam Grip F26FA - Blade HQ
    Collapsible batons rock.

MBTI
    ESFJ

What weapons do you own?
    Call me old fashioned but my only weapons are my fists.
    I also couldn't keep anything else by my bed, just in case i had a bad dream and killed my family .. NOT GOOD

Are these weapons merely for the deterrent effect in case an intruder attacks your home (or car... etc)?

Do you know how to use them?
    Hell yeah.

If push came to shove, would you use them in case of an attack?
    Yep.

Have you used them? How did you feel about it afterward?
    i haven't used my fists in years .. Oppss tell a lie
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    *snip*
    Great.

Keep them responses coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    The horse jumped over de fence.
    You mean "dat dere fence".

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    What weapons do you own?
    Call me old fashioned but my only weapons are my fists.
    I also couldn't keep anything else by my bed, just in case i had a bad dream and killed my family ..
    My dad keeps a gun under his bed. Every single night, right after he falls asleep, my mum gets up and hides it elsewhere for the very same reason. LOL

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

- What weapons do you own?

And most importantly:

and last but not least:

- Are these weapons merely for the deterrent effect in case an intruder attacks your home (or car... etc)?

no.

- Do you know how to use them?

Yes. (to all)

- If push came to shove, would you use them in case of an attack?

Instantly.

- Have you used them? How did you feel about it afterward?

The only one I've had to use earnestly, was my brain (when getting away from some guys who were setting me up for armed robbery in a gas station).

EDIT: and my fists once, when I disarmed a guy who came at me with a butcher knife in college.

EDIT2: The glock and the knife stay in my drawer next to my bed. The baton stays in my car tucked between the seat and the center console. Once my paper work is sorted, the glock will come along in the car, and with me occasionally.