User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post
    Ah, ok.

I hope someone here knows what weapon I'm talking about. It's about 6 - 8" (I think. Not sure) inches long and is usually made of some form of hard plastic.

You made me LOL.
    Kubotan keychain.

A rolled up newspaper, or a comb, make good weapons in a pinch.

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Kubotan keychain.

Yes, that's it!

A rolled up newspaper, or a comb, make good weapons in a pinch.
    How so?

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Yes, that's it!

How so?
    Ever been slapped in the head, especially around the ears or eyes, with a rolled up newspaper? It won't kill you, but it can cause serious pain, temporary blindness or deafness. A comb can be used for poking nerve points, the throat, etc.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I always have knives around... I like to cook!

the man has a gun collection in storage, they are not here- both of us know how to shoot a gun though

I personally carry a pocketknife with me everywhere- it was my grandfather's so I in part carry it as a token and in part because it's incredibly useful!

I once held someone up, took their keys and threw them onto a lit grill because they were wasted and intended to drive across town- I used the pocketknife to do this!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I miss my Kubotan keychain. I walked into a government building post 9-11 and the security wouldn't allow in with it. I put it in his wastepaper basket came back 15 min later and it was gone! I would much rather take my chances with the terrorists than thieving, groping and generally pain in the ass security guards

Much more practical than knives. You stab someone with a knife outside your home (even if its in self defense) the District Attorney will almost invariably charge you for attempted murder...at least in California.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I miss my Kubotan keychain. I walked into a government building post 9-11 and the security wouldn't allow in with it. I put it in his wastepaper basket came back 15 min later and it was gone! I would much rather take my chances with the terrorists than thieving, groping and generally pain in the ass security guards

Much more practical than knives. You stab someone with a knife outside your home (even if its in self defense) the District Attorney will almost invariably charge you for attempted murder.
    Depending on where you live, of course. And whether they also had a weapon. I prefer something less lethal, unless absolutely necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    - Have you used them? How did you feel about it afterward?
    swing them around when no one's home, I feel like I'm 12/whole again

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Ever been slapped in the head, especially around the ears or eyes, with a rolled up newspaper? It won't kill you, but it can cause serious pain, temporary blindness or deafness. A comb can be used for poking nerve points, the throat, etc.

I had no idea. I have learnt. And the intruder can't even sue you afterwards... I mean, what'll he say? I'm suffering head injuries due to being knocked out with the a copy of The Sun? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I once held someone up, took their keys and threw them onto a lit grill because they were wasted and intended to drive across town- I used the pocketknife to do this!
    That must have been interesting recounting that to the pal once he sobered up. LOL

Do you need a permit to carry a pocketknife in the US? I ask because Hollywood tells me its a very litigious society and you say you carry yours everywhere.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

That must have been interesting recounting that to the pal once he sobered up. LOL

Do you need a permit to carry a pocketknife in the US? I ask because Hollywood tells me its a very litigious society and you say you carry yours everywhere.
    He sort of remembered it after he woke up on the couch in the morning and I told him to look for his keys in the grill

and you can't carry a pocketknife into buildings with metal detectors, but otherwise you'd be shocked at how many rural midwesterners carry a pocketknife!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISFJ

My brain. I'm not always aware of how dangerous it can be to wield it. And it's kinda slimmy.