User Tag List

First 1234 Last

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I only cry when someone who I find really sympathetic dies in a movie and when they bring it in a way that moves me.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Beauty & the Beast, The lion king, The hunback of Notre-Dame and Shindler's List make me cry every time.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INFP

I don't actually cry, but the movies which make me blink rapidly are the movies in which a character does something especially self-sacrificial ending in death. I'm trying to think of good examples, but all I can think of atm is The Iron Giant. Oh and years ago when the Terminator lowered himself into the molten metal pit. And Bruce Willis stealing Ben Affleck's job in Armageddon of blowing himself up on the meteor. That sort of thing.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

You blinked rapidly at Armageddon?

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I've cried at least a bit at the end of Gladiator every time I've seen it. He was just so loyal and strong and just wanted to be with his family!

In the scene in The Pianist where he plays for the German soldier - Chopin, and one of his most beautiful pieces - I was crying so hard I almost had to laugh at myself.

The first time I watched The English Patient I didn't feel too deeply moved for much of it (though I was enjoying it). Mostly I was annoyed at how their adultery messed up everyone's lives. Then, when he comes out of the cave carrying her, I started bawling and couldn't stop.

There are other examples but those are a few notable ones.

EDIT: LOL, I can't seem to remember any of these characters' names!! Except Maximus!

Oh, and when Ian Curtis's wife finds him dead at the end of Control, and then they play Atmosphere (I think?) by Joy Division while the smoke wafts away from the crematorium...yeah, the whole theatre was crying pretty hard and that included some big strong men.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    The first time I watched The English Patient I didn't feel too deeply moved for much of it (though I was enjoying it). Mostly I was annoyed at how their adultery messed up everyone's lives. Then, when he comes out of the cave carrying her, I started bawling and couldn't stop.!

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    You blinked rapidly at Armageddon?
    I'm not proud.

It's possible I was stoned at the time. It was a long time ago. Pot always made me vulnerable to soundtracks.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Beauty & the Beast, The lion king, The hunback of Notre-Dame and Shindler's List make me cry every time.
    you are a TERRIBLE istp!

and the end of The Mission made me kind of want to cry, but I wasn't wearing waterproof mascara that day
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Muriel's Wedding almost made me cry. It made me incredibly sad when the mum burnt the lawn.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I can never cry to a death in a movie usually because I must sympathise with the character of whom the death meant a lot to and I can't do that. I can however sympathise with those who genuinely cry to a more dominant character (as an apology) because of a mistake he has made showing that he was really stupid to do so. But this is only if the scene is in the setting of seriousness and sorrow.
    I teared to a movie once in the last few years. ...I forgot the movie though.