User Tag List

12 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Default Clubbing in mixed groups: Yay or Nay?

For the few among you who either have been clubbing before, or actively enjoy clubbing, what do you prefer? Do you, as a guy/girl prefer to stick with groups of your own gender, or do you prefer to go in mixed groups?

As a guy, we have a saying, "Don't bring sand to the beach." Iow, bringing chicks in unnecessary when the purpose of being at the club is to pick up chicks. However, having chick friends with you can increase your chances of approaching/being approached by some women that play the competitive game. It can make you look like more of a hot item. Aside from that, i prefer to go with groups of dudes.

Clubbing for women means standing at any place in the club and WAITING for a decent guy to approach them. For guys (at least in my experience), we actually have to HUNT/SEEK our targets. That's the entire game. Men are the hunters, women are the hunted. Thus, it's our prerogative to move all around the club from wall to wall, literally scoping out our "territory". Then we home in on select prey and have at it. Women don't have to do all that. Thus, in a mixed group, I think it's more difficult to stay together. Add to that a group of guys will usually serve as a greater boost to overall mood and confidence, keeping you in that hunter state of mind since you are in a group of other "hunters". It's an overall better dynamic.

Women, however, do benefit from having a guy around, at the expense of the guy. Guys can ward off creepers and offer protection. However, a minority of guys in a mainly female group will find themselves with the short end of the stick unless they branch out to do their own thing in the club.

What do you guys think? I need a better way of making use of mixed groups.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

well for you i'll pretend not be disgusted and say...you're looking at it all wrong if your goal is to meet girls and you have a girl with you who can talk to other girls without them being intimidated...that's a good thing and she'll feel like hey...he's probably a good guy...nice to girls n such has girls as friends and blah blah blah...which doesn't really sound like the case but a group of guys walking around together look exactly like a pack on the hunt and it's obvious to everyone...which might be the way to go...who knows...i hate the scene.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    well for you i'll pretend not be disgusted and say...you're looking at it all wrong if your goal is to meet girls and you have a girl with you who can talk to other girls without them being intimidated...that's a good thing and she'll feel like hey...he's probably a good guy...nice to girls n such has girls as friends and blah blah blah...which doesn't really sound like the case but a group of guys walking around together look exactly like a pack on the hunt and it's obvious to everyone...which might be the way to go...who knows...i hate the scene.
    You're not disgusted at me are you?

And really... maybe it's just what I grew up with, but I'd rather not have my chick friends grabbing girls for me... I'd rather go hunt for my own piece. Otherwise it's just emasculating really.

***This is the point where I make it clear that I really do not like clubbing, for the things I have described in this thread and a myriad of other reasons. Not my scene, but gotta go along to get along sometimes.*

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Personally, I don't mind any group. I prefer mixed groups to a wolf pack of dudes, but most of all, I really enjoy doing it on my own.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I've always believed in equal rights for all cave people. And if they want to club together, why not??

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I'd go clubbing to dance.

If you have game, you can make any group that you go with work. Going with a mixed group would likely make you blend in better, not looking so much like a pack of dogs looking to pounce.
    Were i interested, i'd go up to a guy my damn self. Forget your hunter games. They are so 2005. :snap snap: (Okay, maybe not, but still)
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

sammy

I prefer clubbing with a mixed group of single people. It creates opportunities amongst the group members to develop into something more than friends, or to provide advice about the opposite gender when needed.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

95 % of the guys, 95 % of the time, will not pick up any girl at a club (rightfully, since I believe only a few girls are actively looking for an hookup). So, probably the best chances to have a conversation with a person of the opposite gender will be available only if you bring somebody you already know.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Mostly people will not approach a group that is completely single sex - too intimidating. I'd vote for mixed group, although I am a not clubber. Either you get to know each other better, or you can help each other out during the evening.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    For the few among you who either have been clubbing before, or actively enjoy clubbing, what do you prefer? Do you, as a guy/girl prefer to stick with groups of your own gender, or do you prefer to go in mixed groups?
    I absolutely hate clubs. Loud music, super-competitive, ruthless judgmentalism, and they make you wait in lines outside in the cold just to make the club look busy. I hate being treated like a business prospect at the expense of being treated with humanity and dignity. It's a moral and spiritual wasteland.

Regarding the OP, there are different advantages to sarging (isn't that what you kids call it?) in mixed groups. Like you said, it's a status symbol, but besides that, it takes some of the pressure of having to display and court others. Friends also have friends and having that common friend makes it easier to talk and connect on a non-superficial level. And, like Lady X said, you could always forgo the persistent need to court, impress, and get laid (or is that get laid --> impress?) and just be present with your friends and enjoy their company.