User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clubbing in mixed groups: Yay or Nay?

9w1 sx/so

right yeah i wasn't meaning have your girlfriends talk to girls for you...i just meant everyone is out hanging out together like xntp said and people being sociable talk to other people...maybe they run into someone they know and introduce's the scene that disgusts me a bit...the idea of the hunt...but i looove going out with friends and having fun...i just think if you look at it that way...maybe you'd have more fun and maybe meet someone because your laid back attitude would be more friendly and approachable.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

9w8 sx/sp
    SEE Fi

If I were looking for a girl to hook up with, a friend girl being in the same club wouldn't really affect that for me at all.
    () 9w8-3w2-7w6 tritype.

RCueI (primary Inquisition)

Lungs & Lips Locked Array Unkindloving's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    If I were looking for a girl to hook up with, a friend girl being in the same club wouldn't really affect that for me at all.
    Cat's got game.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Twerking & Lurking Array ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    I prefer clubbing with a mixed group of single people. It creates opportunities amongst the group members to develop into something more than friends, or to provide advice about the opposite gender when needed.
    This right here
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Senior Member Array mcmartinez84's Avatar

As a female...I like going with a group of social guys and one or two other females.
    1) They buy my drinks (which is entirely superficial, but it's a perk regardless).
    2) They definitely ward of the weird dudes at the bar.
    3) Dudes are more fun and much more carefree than girls. They're just there to have a good time. They aren't worried about their stupid makeup or if their dress is riding up or if that guy thinks they're hot... It's just fun!

I know some dudes I'm friends with HATE going with a bunch of dudes. The one in particular that I'm thinking of (ENTP) doesn't even like going to lunch with a bunch of dudes and no girls. If there's a shortage of girls, he HAS to sit next to the *one* that's there. In fact, just yesterday there were 4 of us at lunch, 2 dudes, 2 chicks. Other chick and I sat on the same side of the booth on purpose. Naturally he made a big deal out of the fact that he had to sit by the other dude. We didn't move.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

Priestess Of Syrinx Array Katsuni's Avatar

If it weren't for this kind of behaviour, I'd probably go clubbing. The music and such is nice, but I don't have any interest in the attitude and behaviour in such places, nor like the people who go to them.

Senior Member Array JivinJeffJones's Avatar

Whether or not a mixed group actually helps you pick up girls probably depends on your apparent standing within the group. If you appear to be somewhere near the centre of attention then it's a good thing, but if you appear to be trailing along and on none of the girls' radars then the competitive thing probably won't work for you.

There's no reason you can't roam the club despite having arrived in a mixed group, anyway. If anything it could make you more attractive to the girls in your group to see that you're confident enough to strike out move about on your own, and sufficiently disinterested in their company to seek better prospects. It'd stop them from taking your availability for granted. And you can always rejoin them.

I never clubbed much myself. It always struck me as introvert hell.