User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i don't know about everyone else but mine is limited to friends...i don't like the idea of guests coming to this site and being able to read my conversations with others.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Can guests read that stuff, or only other members?

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i don't like the idea of guests coming to this site and being able to read my conversations with others.
    I think about this as well. Why would anybody bother? I mean, come on, the forum is big enough and it seems so silly to snoop around on other people's business. To me it's just boring and a waste of time. Am I being too naive?

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Can guests read that stuff, or only other members?
    You'd have to be a registered member logged in to visit people's profiles here.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i'm pretty sure guests can too.

edit: oh yeah? i thought i tested it once...whatever...maybe it doesn't matter. i'm just kinda private.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP

I love the walls. I'm with fidelia; I'm not going to send a PM for something insignificant, but often the insignificant things are what helps you get to know another member better. I like that some members I've never really interacted with might leave me a wall comment, and I get to interact with them a little without some big obligation (which PMs can be, to me).

With a PM, I feel obligated to write a proper,thoughtful response, and it can feel like a chore if I'm in the middle of something else. A wall comment takes two seconds to reply to.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I've noticed some people who used to have wall messages have changed it so that they can only be contacted through PM. I've always wondered why. Is it that they are worried about what might appear on their wall?

For me, I often plan to contact those people with a brief message or comment, but when the wall option isn't there, I don't get around to bothering. What about the rest of you?
    I dislike obligations to interact online (but I certainly do love interacting and learning online).

Also, I figure if people want to interact they can PM for anything of substance, or rep a one-liner message at me if it's short and inconsequential.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    At the moment, I just confine Wall posts to my friends list.
    I might change that again at some point or I might not.
    Ok so your point is that you want your friends spamming your wall?

Is this what I should be taking from this thread?

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I think about this as well. Why would anybody bother? I mean, come on, the forum is big enough and it seems so silly to snoop around on other people's business. To me it's just boring and a waste of time. Am I being to naive?
    You are being naive.

it depends on who has access to your computer, the places you log in here at and computer history. Whether or not you've talked about this message board to people or if you've linked to it online in places connected to your real name. Or if your screen name is very similar to email addys you use that the people in your life know about.

I know a wife who found her husband's secret screen name just by knowing the basic format he liked to chose screen names and she kept plugging those into Yahoo and trying his passwords and she got into his secret email account. Unfortunately for him he was using the account to contact a former OW.

Like say you have a friend who loves to root out personal info on others and your yahoo addy is Skyisblue2006 and she knows you're into MBTI and she knows you go on about being that INFJ thing or whatever, it takes her very little effort to type variations of "Sky Blue MBTI" into a search engine.

Even when you delete something, Google has a cache that stays up for several days, depending on when they took the snapshot of the page: Astrology, MBTI, enneagram correlation - Page 3 - Typology Central

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I think about this as well. Why would anybody bother? I mean, come on, the forum is big enough and it seems so silly to snoop around on other people's business. To me it's just boring and a waste of time. Am I being to naive?

You'd have to be a registered member logged in to visit people's profiles here.
    Yeah it is boring but some people are bored. I guess if people can't see enough as non members they get an account (Yes, I've been told this because people actually did it to be able to read my posts...) So I guess if I was friends only it would work better? I don't care much, if I want to talk to someone "privately" I can always PM them or something. If I don't like what someone posts on my wall I can ask them to delete it or delete it myself.

I actually had no idea how much stalking people did! I don't post much on walls anymore.

heart on fire

Yes! You understand. It's kind of like phoning someone up for a 1 minute conversation...
    LOL, I usually let my voice mail take most of my calls too. Only three people have my cell phone number.