User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Moving from the public domain to a private one is quite a big step for some. I know it makes me nervous. There is an expectation of intimacy that perhaps one doesn't want to foster.
    Oh God, now I feel like we need disclaimers. Folks if you've ever recieved a PM from me, it was just because I wanted to say something to you privately. It didn't mean I wanted to be bestest of best friends for the rest of our lives.

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Folks if you've ever recieved a PM from me It didn't mean I wanted to be bestest of best friends for the rest of our lives.
    Well, damn.
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Fine, now you tell me. And I had already picked out a friendship ring.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

If I PM you, I will get hurt if you don't answer. If it's the wall, no worries..

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Hirsch63 View Post
    Well, damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Well, it also didn't mean I didn't want to be bestest of best friends either.

You'll always be worth two clicks to me.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Click on the name above the avatar picture.
    A drop-down box appears.
    Click on "Send this person a pm"
    A pm appears already pre-addressed.

You don't have to spell at all.
    And even if you do a PM straight, just type a few letters in the "To" box, then put your cursor over it, and you'll get a pull-down of all the names that begin with the letters you've typed.

Cheapskate. I deserve a diamond.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Sorry folks - none of you are worth two clicks to me...unless we're already friends!

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    You'll always be worth two clicks to me.
    ....and so shines a good deed in a weary world....
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

Phantonym

I have conflicted feelings about the wall. Sometimes it feels like putting up your laundry for everyone to see, it's nice laundry but yeah, perverts are lurking...

I had it turned off for months and communicating via reps and PMs was no problem (at least not to me). But now I'm so used to the wall again that anything else seems too inconvenient when it's just lighthearted convo. For me it greatly depends on my mood, when I feel more communicative I have the wall wide open. There are days when I have more action going on in my wall than I post in the forums. Sometimes turning off the wall is like turning off the lights when you go to bed with a "Do not disturb" sign hanging on the doorknob.

Having a wall is not different from posting in the forums and at least you have the option to delete the messages whenever you feel like it. Just don't write anything you don't want others to read.

But then I feel guilty when I have a compulsive need to delete all my VMs regardless of their content.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

it keeps me on good behavior so I am less likely to wander off on a fun tangent in a thread

you guys should know what I'll do if not given that option
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett