First 2345614 Last

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I really only notice it when someone Reps me and i want to respond to the Rep. It's like walking into a brick wall .

Some people are just more private or prefer less light conversation than others. I'm very public so there isn't much i wouldn't discuss through walls, unless it is excessive or decently personal. Text-walls are for pms
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Out of curiosity, are you sp/so?
    I don't know

MBTI
    INFP

I don't want it to seem like I don't like talking to people or that I don't value when others reach out to me. Its very ease of use is what cheapens the substance of the messages. I see a correlation between easy communication and meaningless communication.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    I don't want it to seem like I don't like talking to people or that I don't value when others reach out to me. Its very ease of use is what cheapens the substance of the messages. I see a correlation between easy communication and meaningless communication.
    Ah... now there is a good point.

(Yeah, almost like the plethora of crap happening on a FB status line.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Considering how rarely I post on walls it is interesting that reading this discussion made me see that I wouldn't give up the possibility of posting on a wall. Yeah, there are certain situations when it would be too awkward to PM and too one-sided to rep. And sometimes you want to expand a forum discussion with someone and feel that it is too out of topic to do so in the forum.

EDIT. Btw, I think the wall might have a social purpose also, it promotes integrity. If you get a lot of hate-mail on the wall, people who don't know you will immediately get the idea. Or is there a way to remove the unwanted messages? (I have no idea how these things work... )

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

This puzzles me so much. This is the only place I've ever been where people are so shy about and put so much significance on PMs. If anybody wants to PM me with one sentence or even one word, I hope they will...and I will not read it as a marriage proposal... I have never been on a forum that had walls before and I don't really understand how they work. Somebody mentioned to me that I'd posted on my own wall. I was like, ok, I'm shutting this crap off. Besides the fact that I don't like everyone able to view my conversations. But not to inhibit conversation at all. Although I guess it has that effect, unfortunately.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    I agree with that entirely. I remember writing excellent snail mail letters, which I don't be email, and while I have facebook, I refuse to use it for much more than a convenient way to contact certain people. I don't like it becoming a substitute for us having a real relationship.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    This puzzles me so much. This is the only place I've ever been where people are so shy about and put so much significance on PMs. If anybody wants to PM me with one sentence or even one word, I hope they will...and I will not read it as a marriage proposal... I have never been on a forum that had walls before and I don't really understand how they work. Somebody mentioned to me that I'd posted on my own wall. I was like, ok, I'm shutting this crap off. Besides the fact that I don't like everyone able to view my conversations. But not to inhibit conversation at all. Although I guess it has that effect, unfortunately.
    Unlike facebook, you actually have to go to the other person's wall to post, or else you just wrote a message on your own wall that they can't see unless they go back to your profile page. I post on my own wall constantly.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I've noticed some people who used to have wall messages have changed it so that they can only be contacted through PM. I've always wondered why. Is it that they are worried about what might appear on their wall?
    Stalking + Graffiti. I have mine 'Friends only' now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

My wall is "friends only" because some people think they can say whatever they want on my wall. If they keep it up, they get un-friended.