User Tag List

First 1321222324 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Ultimately, leaving someone a PM is no more effort than leaving a visitor message.
    starting from user cp after reading the rep
    visitor message: click user name, click on box and write, push submit = 3 clicks and one text
    pm: click user name, click send pm, click on title box, write, click on message box, write, click the submit button = 5 clicks and 2 texts

pm is nearly double the effort. and since i didnt see any reason to disable it(i do now because some people said some reasons), so i found it weird to disable it, thats why i asked why people do that.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

ThatGirl

I don't have it turned on because notifications bug me. Also people get offended if you don't reply and I am not into the maintaining it. When I am on the forum I just want to get into a current conversation. Going back to reply on past comments seems like a chore. Also people don't really post substantial things; it is mostly chit chat.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I have visitor messages for people I have friended. I have disabled messages otherwise because I don't want people whom I've unfriended to harrass me, as I've had it happen before.

Phantonym

It's just too exhausting to maintain. Even a few in a day started to get suffocating. I turn my PMs off once in a while as well. The reps are still there because I can't turn those off, so if people really wanted to contact me, they could. If they don't wish to make two extra clicks to send me a PM when it's available, then they really have nothing important to say anyway.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I dont see the point at all aswell. If a wall is closed, I tend to write what I have to say via rep's or PM, buit that doesnt usually stop me.

If someone doesnt want to be contacted at all, he shouldnt sign up for a forum. And if he just wants to come here to read, I think its disrespectful towards the other members who go thru the troubles of writing and you dont reply too at all, if they once contacted you. It's a clear Fe-statement that goes like: some people will just stay forever strange.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ----

when someone writes on my wall and they don't have a wall or i can't access their wall i want to give them a little smack on the bot bot.

not a hard one, just a brisk tap.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    when someone writes on my wall and they don't have a wall or i can't access their wall i want to give them a little smack on the bot bot.

not a hard one, just a brisk tap.
    If that's what you call a brisk tap, what does it feel like when you're angry?

*rubs bot bot in dismay*

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

when someone writes on your profile wall you should take it as a goddam privilege.

goddam.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    3 clicks and one text
    5 clicks and 2 texts
    Awwwwww. I don't know how your widdle pointer finger handles all that extra stress. Let me get you a band-aid.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggletron View Post
    when someone writes on your profile wall you should take it as a goddam privilege.

goddam.
    Yeah, it is hard to imagine from my point of view how you can get too many visitor messages so it becomes too exhausting too handle, I am happy about every of my few (well, maybe that is the point ) messages I get