User Tag List

First 101819202122 Last

Phantonym

Regarding wall message space. Is there some kind of a technical reason why there's only 2 options - on/off? Why isn't there an option to have the conversation visible only to people who are, in fact, having the conversation and not to the rest of the world? Ok, there's the option to make the wall visible to friends and contacts only. But still, that would be neat. This is the 21st century after all.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Regarding wall message space. Is there some kind of a technical reason why there's only 2 options - on/off? Why isn't there an option to have the conversation visible only to people who are, in fact, having the conversation and not to the rest of the world? That would be neat.
    I think that's called PM.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Regarding wall message space. Is there some kind of a technical reason why there's only 2 options - on/off? Why isn't there an option to have the conversation visible only to people who are, in fact, having the conversation and not to the rest of the world? That would be neat.
    You mean like private messaging?
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I think that's called PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    You mean like private messaging?
    Haha.

PM's aren't exactly the most convenient to use. I mean a continuous way of conversing in a user-friendly way without it being visible to eeeeverybody.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    What do you (anyone reading this post) think about people responding to your reputation comments on your wall? (e.g. "@rep:")
    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    uh, i'd hate that. reps are supposed to be more private and that would bring them out in the open for anyone to see.

unless they were incredibly cryptic when doing it.
    In my responses, I try to be vague about what the rep comment specifically said. if it was too personal for Wall and I want to respond, I'll take it to PM.

PM's aren't exactly the most convenient. I mean a continuous way of conversing without it being visible to eeeeverybody.
    I think three different communication options (aside from thread/post posting) is probably the most we're going to see from vBulletin.

You can also IM via some other service.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    The fact I have old messages doesn't mean I have to look at them. But then again, I'm a perceiver.
    What I like least is that the PM system is not easily organizable. So if you get a lot of PMs, it's hard to sort through them and find stuff easily.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    ...It annoys me when someone's wall is turned off, especially if they write something on *my* wall.
    Yeah, the latter is one of my minor pet peeves on this forum. Why are you posting on my Wall something that requires a response, if your Wall is turned off? PM me instead.

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    It makes me wonder about all the times I didn't respond to rep comments and if that makes me seem like a snob. By that point responding would seem crazy, so it makes me feel like I get to choose between snob or crazy.
    Don't limit yourself, there's a lot of crazy snobs in the world too!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    What I like least is that the PM system is not easily organizable. So if you get a lot of PMs, it's hard to sort through them and find stuff easily.
    Exactly. Search option for VM's wouldn't hurt either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think three different communication options (aside from thread/post posting) is probably the most we're going to see from vBulletin.

You can also IM via some other service.
    I've had this thought for quite a while now. Being lazy and all. Having all kinds of different possibilities nicely and neatly gathered in one place would be great. Oh well.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I like to follow forum interaction and the dynamics between some of the people. It's like people watching, but I don't have to go outside and I know them. Who messes around on whose wall, who seems to follow people around in threads, blog activity, who seems to come on vent when someone else is on vent, following blossoming forum crushes; I like mentally keeping track of these things. Like I said. Super addicted.
    how can you tell who is in vent without going in?
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Phantonym

Typology Central Index page, scroll down, "Ventrilo Server (x clients connected)". Unless people have opted not to show themselves, then you get an XXXXXX.

Wow, I feel like a stalker.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

LOL

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Index page, scroll down, "Ventrilo Server (x clients connected)". Unless people have opted not to show themselves, then you get an XXXXXX.

Wow, I feel like a stalker.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    LOL
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery