User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

That's why I started this thread. I didn't want to assume and I was curious what reasons there were that I hadn't considered...

heart on fire

Why does it matter what a person's reasons are?

MBTI
    INFP

How else would you judge them?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Why would it matter? Because I like to understand why people work the way they do. Because one of the reasons I come here is to better figure out what lines of reasoning make people behave differently than I naturally might. Because I don't want to misunderstand people's intentions. I've never been much of a "What is, is" kind of a person.

MBTI
    INFP

This thread has the pretense of innocuous curiosity, but there is an undeniable stench of distrust and judgment of those that happen to go against the flow.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    This thread has the pretense of innocuous curiosity, but there is an undeniable stench of distrust and judgment of those that happen to go against the flow.
    I think she just wants to maximize her online relationships. For wall users, PMs are seen as quite formal, so there's less waving and acknowledgment and more drifting away.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Criminal...

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I've always wondered why some people didn't have them. To me, a forum is where you talk to people, leave input, get input, have some back and forths, etc. And to shut that avenue off I've always thought bizarre, and ultimately discourages me from talking to them. But maybe that's what they want!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

There's not any pre-judgement. If I find myself wondering the same thing more than a couple of times, I just decide to ask. If I still don't understand, I just ask clarifying questions until I do. In your case, you've gotten sick of dealing with certain people on your wall and you also value your privacy. Question answered. Other people had different reasons than you. What's wrong with that?

MBTI
    INFP

No, my case was about maintaining a standard of substance in regard to the messages I receive (and, ultimately, have to respond to).