User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Gee, people are really serious about this having a wall, not having a wall thing.

If you don't have your entire life posted up for the entire galaxy to see then you're now "hiding underlying problems."
    Actually, that's not what I meant. I was going with the example you provided about the husband and wife and why he would need a secret e-mail account. Because he had something to hide. Sorry that I didn't convey it the way I meant.

In my opinion, people have the right to turn on/off whatever they feel like it when there is an opportunity to do so and they have justifiable personal reasons for doing so. It's none of anybody's business but their own.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Actually, that's not what I meant. I was going with the example you provided about the husband and wife and why he would need a secret e-mail account. Because he had something to hide. Sorry that I didn't convey it the way I meant.

In my opinion, people have the right to turn on/off whatever they feel like it when there is an opportunity to do so and they have justifiable personal reasons for doing so. It's none of anybody's business but their own.
    I see what you are saying here.

MBTI
    INFP

Now this was an interesting thread.

heart on fire

^ Yes.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    People fear what they do not understand.

Some understand the purpose of maintaining standards of communication and prefer to exercise that control.

Others, as we have seen, do not.
    that's not a reason, that's an excuse.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INFP

?

An excuse not a reason for not using visitor messaging?

Are you serious?

You act like it's a crime.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    ?

An excuse not a reason for not using visitor messaging?

Are you serious?

You act like it's a crime.
    Admit your guilt!

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    it's really just as simple as some people are more private then others....some people don't like to disclose private info in a public format.
    No, it's not. I realise my post was long so may have been skipped but someone who turns their wall off is not necessarily doing so out of a need for privacy.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oh...you think not? you think maybe they just don't like talkin to people? hmm...perhaps.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    oh...you think not? you think maybe they just don't like talkin to people? hmm...perhaps.
    Refer here

Problem is some people are assuming turning your wall off is a strange thing to do and therefore motives must be the opposite of theirs, ie they're not private so someone without a wall prolly is or they like fluff and social chit-chat so someone without a wall prolly doesn't. The assumptions may be correct for some individuals but listen to the people who have posted here stating their walls have been turned off and ya'll can stop assuming