User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Senior Member tastes_like_purple's Avatar
    MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Tastes Like Purple - I've never tried HD foundation, although I've heard good things about it. What makes it different?
    It has amazing coverage and gets rid of all my redness even without using
    a powder over it. Plus its one of the only ones that matches my skin tone and doesnt make me look too cakey
    It just makes a great difference to my appearance in general xD
    A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes,
    I screamed aloud, as it tore through them,
    and now it's left me blind...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I was bamboozled into attending a Mary Kay party, where we all did facials and make-up. Their products are actually really really good, but the Mary Kay saleswoman are like snakes in the Garden of Eden. Don't let them take you to the back room alone, unless you want to leave with a huge dent in your wallet, weighed down by boxes of exfoliating cream and age-defying foundation. Bah.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I like Avalon Organics Lavender Daily Moisturizer. It keeps my skin from being dry, but it doesn't give me acne like every single other moisturizer I've ever tried.

I also like Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Nutmeg. It's a tinted lip balm. Gives just a little color while keeping the chap-ness away.

Face Secrets Smudge Brush is a good tool for eye lining if you want a more subtle look than pencil.

I use my own homemade Castile soap and am using baking soda and apple cider vinegar to clean my hair with satisfactory results.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

My last lip product purchase was some kind of Burt's lip gloss shimmer thing.

It's divine, both looks great and smells delish, too.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Ha ha - I hate Mary Kay parties! Men would never allow themselves to all attend a party they didn't want to go to so that they can support someone who is looking to support her friend that sells Mary Kay. I actually went to a seller's meeting once. It was crazy weird. Some of the high ups really really ENJOY the selling part.

Tastes Like Purple - do they sell it in your town or do you order it? If so, how did you check for shade?

Jen - I was so sad about the ProX stuff because I think it really does good things. I found that with their Definity line too. I'm 33, with fairly dry winter skin.

MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram

Tastes Like Purple - do they sell it in your town or do you order it? If so, how did you check for shade?
    Nah they don't sell it here _
    I have to go to Dublin to get it. I don't mind too much though
    because it's a great excuse for shopping
    Well the scary makeup lady told me what on was best for me.
    She gave me the shade desert because of the green undertone that'll cover
    my flushed cheeks hahaa

For those of you with very light skin, have you found any foundation/concealer that you particularly like? Have any of you ever tried those places where they custom blend foundation for you? Is it worth it?

Does anyone have any high SPF sunscreen with UVA for their face that they like?
    I use NIA24 mineral sunscreen for my face. It is a physical sunscreen, so it gives complete protection, which many sunscreens don't.

As far as foundation, what are you looking for coverage wise and how is your skin(dry, oily, etc.)?
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram

My skin is a tad dry due to the cold and crapola weather here so i tend to get foundations that are oil based

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Foundation? I have skin that is dry during the winter, but gets some zits from time to time. I have some melasma on my upper lip that gets worse during spring/summer, even with sunscreen and a hat and my skin tone isn't completely even. I'm pretty lightskinned and have translucent skin that doesn't tan and has a little redness around my nose by my cheeks. It doesn't fall clearly into cool or warm categories (more cool than warm, but cool usually looks too pinky and warm stuff is too yellow). I don't use powder because I find that it usually looks too dry and it sometimes settles into lines.

I didn't use sunscreen when I was a kid or in my earlier 20s. My skin is beginning to show little lines and I am concerned it will end up looking like my Grandma and my aunts' so am doing what I can to take care of it now. I have a moisturizer with retinol and antioxident serum and alpha-hydroxy gel to exfoliate.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Fidelia: if you're concerned about neglecting your skin when you were a little younger, I suggest getting a jump on using products like OTC collagen fillers...L'Oreal makes a decent one.

I use L'Oreal True Match foundation. I wish I could afford Mac and Chanel. Somebody wanna buy me some?

My one real indulgence is Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush lipgloss in Cherry Bomb. It costs like $7 for a little tube of it, but I'm totally in love with this lipgloss.