User Tag List

123 Last

Question Do you think the world is a dangerous place?

Are you distrustful of strangers?
    Do you always put your guard up when someone you don't know talks to you?
    Do you always put up a shield when you are with people you don't know and forced to corperate with them?
    Do you have problem communicating with people you don't know?

I have no problem talking to strangers and people I don't know, in the real world. After all, they are humans just like us.

When I was doing a job which involve surveying the interests of the population, I go up and ask people some random questions. Some people avoided me like a plague because they don't want to talk or have anything to do with strangers. I do not understand y some people are likethat.

These barriers that exist between humans in adulthood did not exist when we are in school. So I am trying to understand why they exist in the adulthood society. We humans exist as a community of mutual dependence, meaning we are supposed to help each other when one person encounters problems he or she cannot solve. We cannot face anything alone all by ourselves.

It seems in modern day society we only care about ourselves and our self-interests, and not give a damn about the other people's problems and suffering. All because we distrust each other and view other human beings as dangerous.

If we are alientated and distrust each other, how can we hope to survive as a species?
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

heart on fire

Were you one of those people in the mall?

I always just keep on moving when they approach me. I simply have zero interest in taking a damn survey. If I wanted to take one, I'd look one up online.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I have none of those issues.
    That being said, i might avoid or decline someone trying to talk to me about a product or survey if i don't have time to stop and discuss or if i feel they aren't interested in the uniqueness of myself. If i'm standing next to them by default and not on my way somewhere, i'd grant the time of day in an instant.

People just don't want to be bothered as they deal with more people who want things from them. Younger people don't get approached as frequently, or about the same things, so they're more liable to tolerate it.
    Exceptions to everything though.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    Are you distrustful of strangers?
    Do you always put your guard up when someone you don't know talks to you?
    Do you always put up a shield when you are with people you don't know and forced to corperate with them?
    Do you have problem communicating with people you don't know?
    The last 3 questions aren't necessarily related to the first one, imo. My answer to the last 3 would be...sometimes. Whether I'm distrustful of strangers depends on the context of the situation.

The world is a dangerous place, but it obviously depends on location a lot. Most people just haven't been exposed to it.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

If we are alientated and distrust each other, how can we hope to survive as a species?
    What a good question.

And it is germane here today for we have a huge influx of Indian students and the cry has gone up from the Left here, and in the Indian press, that we are racist.

And the prime example was of an Indian student who set his car on fire to claim the insurance. Unfortunately as he set fire to his car, he accidentally set fire to himself and to cover himself, he falsely claimed he had petrol poured over him and was set on fire by Australians.

This has set up a fire storm between the Indian and Australian governments and doesn't seem to have been put out by visits of Australian Ministers to India as well as increased protection and investigation by Australian police.

But the problem is a wider one. For India is a very old and proud civilization, as well as Australia being part of the old and proud civilization of the West.

And the problem is compounded as both civilizations speak English and we expect to understand one another without understanding the very different values, mores and institutions of our very different civilizations.

So the Indian students come fresh from their civilization expecting to be understood just as we falsely expect them to understand the West.

Unfortunately we accept the Indian students because of the considerable money they bring rather than giving them an education. And many of the Indian students come here not for an education but for a meal ticket and to get Australian residency and employment and eventually citizenship.

This is now a global problem and has been described as the clash of civilizations.

There are even endemic misunderstandings between two similar Western cultures such as American and Australian so we can expect there to be much greater misunderstandings between two very different civilizations, such as Indian and Australian.

This is compounded by our doctrine of Multiculturalism that claims all cultures are equal and indeed we are all one.

But you only have to spend time at the University to see that Multiculturalism means plural mono-culturalisms.

But it is highly politicly incorrect to say this and we just keep on taking the money.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

When compared to almost any other time in history: Nope.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

It is a dangerous place to be a woman. Not necessarily from strangers, unfortunately. I try to look out for my physical safety by not being in places that would give someone with bad intentions the opportunity to hurt me.

I'll talk to just about anybody and don't tend to be able to remember to be on my guard.

Not knowing someone isn't a reason to not be able to cooperate with them. The only time I have a problem cooperating/communicating with most people is when they are acting like asses.

However, I don't like being waylaid by a stranger with an agenda when I am in the midst of doing something else. I seem to have social anxiety and I really don't enjoy being places where there are a lot of people and if I'm at the mall, I'm probably not there to just hang out -- I want to get what I came for and leave.

I do care about my fellow man -- that is why I am involved in social justice activism, volunteering, and why I spent a couple of days doing data entry during the last US presidential campaign, etc. I can't do as much as I want to because I have a pretty full plate, but I do what I can.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Some people avoided me like a plague because they don't want to talk or have anything to do with strangers. I do not understand y some people are likethat.

There is a shitload of difference between some person doing a voluntary survey and the cooperation of people for the survival of the species. You might not understand why people are like this but maybe you should try instead of expecting everyone else to follow your line of thinking.

Are you distrustful of strangers? Is there some reason you have been proven trustworthy that I'm unaware of?

Do you always put your guard up when someone you don't know talks to you? Of course. I understand and practice common courtesy but how would I know what your intentions are? I'd prefer to err on the side of caution, that doesn't make me fearful.

Do you always put up a shield when you are with people you don't know and forced to corperate with them? Cooperation and open book transparency doesn't even belong in the same sentence. I put up a logical shield for my own well being. Yours is not my problem.

Do you have problem communicating with people you don't know? No. Not at all.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Yes, I do believe it is a very dangerous place.

Well the world is a dangerous place because people are dangerous. Thats just some people's view.

I am not saying like you should fully trust everyone or love everyone unconditionally, because that is impossible. There are some dangerous people out there and you can never read their motivations. What I am saying that in today's society, alot of people have trust issues and develop shields against people they don't know. People lost a sense of community, they don't trust other people, and only cared about themselves in a society driven by greed. I don't see this trend ending soon.

Anyway I am sounding like an NF, it is probably because of my teritary Fe.

Ceecee, the survey is just an example that reflects what I want to point, this was never intended to be a complain about t or prove that coperation in a survey have anything to do survival as a race.

You fear communicating with people because you do not trust them. It is as simple as this. Otherwise, you would not avoid social interaction with strangers.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.