User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP

I am distrustful of people I know. How's that for thinking the world is a dangerous place?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    Well the world is a dangerous place because people are dangerous. Thats just some people's view.

I am not saying like you should fully trust everyone or love everyone unconditionally, because that is impossible. There are some dangerous people out there and you can never read their motivations. What I am saying that in today's society, alot of people have trust issues and develop shields against people they don't know. People lost a sense of community, they don't trust other people, and only cared about themselves in a society driven by greed. I don't see this trend ending soon.

Anyway I am sounding like an NF, it is probably because of my teritary Fe.

Ceecee, the survey is just an example that reflects what I want to point, this was never intended to be a complain about t or prove that coperation in a survey have anything to do survival as a race.

You fear communicating with people because you do not trust them. It is as simple as this. Otherwise, you would not avoid social interaction with strangers.
    I think you are over-simplifying things. Our society is driven by greed, but that does not mean that everyone is greedy and selfish. It does mean that there are a lot of people under time and financial pressures and that can make people stressed out and irritable.

Not desiring to interact with others isn't always about fear. Sometimes it's about prioritizing and rationing one's time and energy. You can love someone enough to be willing to step in front of a train for them but that doesn't mean you feel like interacting with them every moment of every day. You can be a generally open and community-minded person and not want your personal space invaded on occasions.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

The world is a dangerous place, but with moments of unspeakable beauty.

I encountered many dangerous people in my life, and they tended to crawl out of the woodwork during vulnerable times. My impression is that humanity has a deep underlying insecurity resulting from their own physical vulnerabilities compared with other creatures, combined with a sense of insignificance in the mass of people. Because of these two overwhelming features, people tend to have power and control issues combined with an easy tendency to de-humanize one another. There is a tendency to overcompensate for power in much the same way a Pomeranian will bare its teeth and go nuts in a feeble attempt to frighten off strangers. While this doesn't instill fear, it becomes more of a problem when one is also a Pomeranian.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I like people- I talk to strangers and have offered hitchhikers rides before (if I could kick their ass and had a badass dog in the car ) I used to work in traveling sales where I'd wander into stranger's homes and chat with them...

I have a little caution though- I have some fear of being in a one on one situation with strange pervy men who can't keep their hands to themselves
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    I am distrustful of people I know. How's that for thinking the world is a dangerous place?
    Statistically, those are the people you should be most worried about. Most murder victims are people the murderer was close with.

There... that should solve your paranoia.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Statistically, those are the people you should be most worried about. Most murder victims are people the murderer was close with.

There... that should solve your paranoia.
    I'm fully aware of the statistics.

As far as strangers go, I don't smile in public. I don't entertain conversations with people that approach me. It keeps them at a distance. Lets them know I'm not an easy target.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    Are you distrustful of strangers?
    Do you always put your guard up when someone you don't know talks to you?
    Do you always put up a shield when you are with people you don't know and forced to corperate with them?
    Do you have problem communicating with people you don't know?
    I don't have any problems with talking to strangers when it concerns matters that are more lighthearted. I am definitely much more reserved when it comes to personal matters, so in a way, I always have my shield up, with people I either know or don't know. I am distant. I rarely initiate conversations. But I'm more than glad to talk and listen when I'm approached. However, I always remain somewhat distant.

I hate being pressured and forced into doing anything, so there's a high chance that I close up. I'm still friendly and respectful but there's a thick wall between me and the people I talk with.

Sometimes I'm too distrustful but sometimes I'm too trusting. I also have a way of placing trust in people to see what they do with it. There's always the chance that it doesn't pay off, and it does hurt, but it's just a possibility I have to acknowledge.

The world is a dangerous place and caution is necessary but anything done in excess is simply preventing yourself from exploring the options.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

I've many phobias, prejudice and paranoias, but not related to people. I think it's more an introverted people thing.
    Oh yeah?

MBTI
    GONE

I'm super paranoid, maybe it's hyper Ne coupled with that "sensitive" Fi. :P

But, I think Im pretty lucky and life for me is easier and safer comparatively in the world and especially compared to history.

The only people who can tell I'm private and paranoid though are my close friends usually. But, at the same time, I am usually an active member of my community and get involved and organize things or at least say hello to my neighbors.

Jeez, talk about "closed off" - some of my own neighbors in my own building look like they don't want to make eye contact. So strange.

So I would say I'm pretty open to everyone - to a point. Very closed off walking around the city by myself. In a way it's easier to be friendlier with total strangers and groups and then the paranoia kicks in once people want to know where I live, details about me, etc.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Do you think the world is a dangerous place?
    Depends on where in the world I (Carmen Sandiego lol) am.