User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post

We get a large portion of Californian refugees here. Unfortunately, a lot of them spend most of their time trying to make this place like the one they left, consciously or unconsciously...
    I hate how that happens! It is what is happening to my husband's home state of Montana . . . driving up housing prices so the natives don't have the money to pay for rent anymore! All because they want the amenities they left behind.

I have been trapped in Southern California for most of my adult life . . . hence the "Gnawing off my own foot. . . "

Unfortunately my husband can't get a job anywhere else in the country and our two oldest are Californian's for life.

There are somethings I would miss, Public beaches & mountains, even the Santa Anas in a strange sort of way.

What I wouldn't miss is the constant stress, it's tangible everyone is pressuring you to move faster, move faster . . .

I'm also a Northern Hardwood, I need it to get below a certain temperature for me to blossom in the spring. Don't mind the snow . . . hate the heat!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Well, if I remember correctly, I love the weather. I also love the proximity of Southern California to other climates...you're only a reasonable drive away from the open desert or snowy mountains, if you like that sort of thing. It's nice to be able to go swimming on Christmas day. I love it when everywhere has a swimming pool. I'm a fan of beaches. There's more to do in bigger cities. When I lived there, I met a lot of interesting, liberal people.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
    There are somethings I would miss, Public beaches & mountains, even the Santa Anas in a strange sort of way.
    Do you mean the Santa Ana winds? They're nice.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    reminds me of those 'surfing sucks, don't try it' stickers. (except that you're serious)
    If I was being serious I wouldn't of lived here for the past 26 years. But I'm serious about the part where I say don't come here because I hate you.

MBTI
    INFP

Oh. Sarcasm.

Gets me every time.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Why do people that live in Huntington Beach think they are so special? Nobody outside of that area gives a shit about it. I HATE HB!

MBTI
    INFP

Hmmm.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by JTG1984 View Post
    Why do people that live in Huntington Beach think they are so special? Nobody outside of that area gives a shit about it. I HATE HB!
    This is why I'm going to Southern California - so I don't have to be near your hateful ass.

Oberon

On my visit to LA I stayed in a Holiday Inn in Studio City for four nights. Studio City felt like a Hollywood theme park twenty years past its prime.

MBTI
    INFP

Besides, I'm from Corona del Mar. I've only been in HB for a couple months, so if you were taking a jab at me it failed humorously.