User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    California is a cultural crucible, a compilation of different viewpoints and learned behavior. When you get caught up in the mix of it, you understand the gestalt of humanity in general. The beaches, the cities and the forests all provide opportunities for us to understand each other. However, it's unfortunate that famed actors, musicians, and artists have fallen prey to the enticement of greed before losing their humanity. I don't see this happen all that often, and it is surely hard for me to understand those who wobble between philanthropy and personal addiction. We could say that this "Californication" is the embodiment of extreme drama, the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Human nature at its finest. Boy, can it be beautiful (?)
    In other words, a state full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    In other words, a state full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
    A kind of brave new world, if you prefer...
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INFP

When I went to the midwest for college, I grew to appreciate home (Orange County) a lot more. People are less religious, more open-minded, liberal.. It's more diversified as far as ethnic groups and cultures go. Worldy.

I missed how people drive better, I missed the weather, how you could be outside every day, the feeling of warm concrete..

In california it's fast. People think fast, they talk fast, they move fast.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I like California because they're the 8th largest economy in the world and still managed to screw it up.

We get a large portion of Californian refugees here. Unfortunately, a lot of them spend most of their time trying to make this place like the one they left, consciously or unconsciously...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    A kind of brave new world, if you prefer...
    Is California painfully ignorant?

What is Soma?

Soma is a muscle relaxer that works by blocking pain sensations between the nerves and the brain.

Soma is used together with rest and physical therapy to treat injuries and other painful musculoskeletal conditions.

Soma may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.

Important information about Soma

This medication may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for. Soma should never be given to another person, especially someone who has a history of drug abuse or addiction. Keep the medication in a secure place where others cannot get to it. You may have withdrawal symptoms when you stop using Soma after using it over a long period of time. Do not stop using Soma suddenly without first talking to your doctor. You may need to use less and less before you stop the medication completely. Soma can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert. Avoid drinking alcohol. It can increase drowsiness and dizziness caused by Soma.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

California sucks! If you're thinking about coming here please think twice. It's very competitive and there are tons of Mexicans. The housing is expensive and there's lots of traffic. Did I mention the smog, fires and earthquakes? We are very rude, you're better off staying where you live. Thanks.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Good weather.

Slutty chicks. (compared to the south) [can be a good or bad thing depending on perspective]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Good weather.

Slutty chicks. (compared to the south) [can be a good or bad thing depending on perspective]
    Good weather my ass, Southern California is very humid and the sky is always brown. As for Northern California well it's been raining for two months straight and it's cold.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Are you kidding? The Terminator is boss there.
    I noticed the mention of Terminator and that you sig-quoted me at the same time. D'aw!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    My dear Lark,

Can you tell me what kind of powder are you sniffing?
    That's impressive.

Maybe an hydroponic Californian ganja?
    See! It's not just me. Lark is... surprisingly unusual over the past 2 days. Not to say i'm not digging it, but is there some planetary alignment insanity going on? (or the drugs)
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by JTG1984 View Post
    California sucks! If you're thinking about coming here please think twice. It's very competitive and there are tons of Mexicans. The housing is expensive and there's lots of traffic. Did I mention the smog, fires and earthquakes? We are very rude, you're better off staying where you live. Thanks.
    reminds me of those 'surfing sucks, don't try it' stickers. (except that you're serious)