Banned
    MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by Oom View Post
    Why would someone want to go to California
    to go see mark.

MBTI
    INTJ

1. you can ride a motorcycle 99% of the year (and white line)
    2. you can smoke marijuana with impunity

That's about it, though.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTJ

It's warmer than Pennsylvania

See you on Wednesday.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

San Diego and Los Angeles - Great weather, very attractive people, active nightlife, lots of culture

San Francisco - Liberal/progressive politics, very creative culture, lush vegetation

The rest is pretty standard with a few exceptions.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Southern California - My parents and brother have lived there for well over a decade. It's great to visit, especially when the winter is bad here. It's crowded, WAY too much traffic, overpriced property and outrageous taxes. Other than the occasional visit to get a break from the cold, there is nothing appealing about it to me. The weather also gets monotonous after about a week.

Northern California - Still the same housing and taxes issue as So Cal. MUCH better geographically to me. Green. Mountains. Beautiful. I would be much more suited to the north. I loved the people as well, San Francisco is about the perfect city to me.

All and all, you couldn't pay me to live there though. The job market is just as bleak as Michigan and I'd miss the fall.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Senior Member ChildoftheProphets's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I like California because they're the 8th largest economy in the world and still managed to screw it up.
    Oh God, don't remind me!

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    It's such a large state that it encompasses almost every kind of climate, topography, population density, economic level, ethnicity and culture. . . . . Better to say "I like X about California". Almost everyone will find something to love and to hate here.
    Definitely agree with that.

Someone else was talking about pollution and traffic for example, and that really varies from place to place (also, L.A. used to be way worse in the 90s when it came to smog). Still, we're nowhere near as clean and clear as some other states.

And I personally love how laid-back and sunny it is in San Diego. (Lol, unless your stuck at Lindbergh Field with lots of cranky natives whose flights have been delayed . . . .)
    "In the opening and shutting of heaven's gate, are you able to play the feminine part?" -- Lao Tzu

"For when the One Great Scorer comes
    To write against your name,
    He marks - not that you won or lost -
    But how you played the Game."
    -- Grantland Rice

“Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules.” -- from The Catcher in the Rye

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do, and what a man can't do." -- Jack Sparrow

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I drove a cab in the Bay Area for 15 years and lived there for 20. I consider myself a refugee from california. The Northwest, were I live now, is much more laid back and less crowded.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

I don't know what the hype is either, besides Frisco area & Monterey- those places are just gorgeous!

SoCal's cool. I guess the one thing that I do love about living here is being able to go to the supermarket, and having a variety to choose from- Persian, Korean, Vietnamese, Fillipino, Chinese, Hispanic, Famer's markets... I like the diversity here, but really, it's somewhat segregated from where I live. Perhaps somewhat is much of an understatement.

After traveling to various parts of the U.S.- I wouldn't mind the east coast. North Carolina is so beautiful and full of extremely friendly folks. Atlanta is pretty clean for a huge city, and I think the houses are cuter out there. New York? I'd like to visit the jungle full of skyscrapers every once in a while.

Perhaps the one thing about Cali I dislike MOST is the traffic + high cost of living. You basically pay a majority of your income to gas and healthcare insurance + rent. Afterwards, if you're on a tight budget like me, you can treat yourself out to a Taco Bell meal every once in a while. But, that's why I also like the ethnic markets- they're so affordable!!

MBTI
    enfp

i grew up in california. born in san diego, grew up in LA, lived in the bay area for 9 years for school and work...

i wouldn't live anywhere else...

mostly because California iis as American as it gets. =)