User Tag List

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Default Blue Cross cares about me!

To avoid having our respective health insurance copays increase, my coworkers and I were all required to complete an online health assessment.

I just got a letter from them, notifying me that because of my "health quotient", I "qualify for an exciting program from a WebMD health coach!" Oh boy, am I excited!

According to the letter, a health coach will be calling me to harass me about my "depression, sub-optimal diet, and sedentary lifestyle".

This is really depressing. I think I'm going to just crash for the rest of the day, maybe down a couple bags of Cheetos.

Was anyone else around here privileged enough to qualify for an exciting program like this?
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

I was sentenced to a health coach last year. It did get annoying to be called and bugged about exercising more, but the health coach was a quite pleasant and charming Southern belle, so I endured it somehow.

But, this year their "behavior modification program" demonstrated its success--I simply responded differently on the assessment than I did last year.

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    I was sentenced to a health coach last year. It did get annoying to be called and bugged about exercising more, but the health coach was a quite pleasant and charming Southern belle, so I endured it somehow.

But, this year their "behavior modification program" demonstrated its success--I simply responded differently on the assessment than I did last year.
    Was this also a WebMD health coach, by any chance? I got my call this afternoon (I let the machine deal with it), and it sounded like a young woman a little south of the Mason-Dixon line. I'm wondering if that's where they have their call center.

Yeah, I was honest out of habit on the assessment this year, but I have to admit that this negative reinforcement is motivating me toward embellishment next year.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

My health coach was from Gordian, but maybe WebMD contracts out to them.

Edit: Just checked, and Gordian is based in Franklin, TN.