User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    isxp

EnFJ- I met her during senior year of high school. I was the new kid. She told me that when she first saw me, she knew we’d become "best friends". We agreed that we are probably going to be lifelong friends. We can have fun doing/not doing anything together. We also tend to cry and laugh at the same things, lol. I found out about MBTI through her last year, but definitely know more about MBTI than she does now .

INTJ- We met during freshman year in college. She’s two years younger than me (she started college at age 16), and is incredibly intelligent and mature. We’ve been friends for three years now. We usually get together once or twice a month over coffee to have 4-hour long conversations . There is so much understanding between us... lots of warm fuzzy feelings too. Sometimes, we disappear from the other person's life, but we can easily pick up where we left off. She likes to give me lists of things to read (she wants to be a professor), LOL.

ESFj- My best guy friend of five years so far. He told me that he might be the only guy that will never want anything “more” from me than our friendship, and I believe him. He’s definitely straight, though ! We get disgusted when people ask us why we aren’t dating… I think we see the other person more like a sibling to take care of. He has dating issues often, and likes to come to me for advice. He’s very generous, carefree, and fun to be around.

ENTJ- I’ve known him for more than a year now. We started out dating. There was so much attraction that I couldn’t think or breathe! We had trouble communicating because I thought he was intimidating --> he would try harder to get me to open up --> I would get more reclusive. Now, we’re just really good friends. We mostly go hiking and running together. There is not much that has to be explained between us anymore (MBTI helped). It is easy to enjoy the other person’s company without having expectations.

I noticed that most of my closest friends are very articulate. The EnFJ is a journalism major, the INTJ is a literature major, the ESFj is a communications major, and the ENTJ is just… very expressive. I, often times, have difficulty verbalizing my thoughts/feelings, so I am lucky that my friends know me well enough to be able to finish my thoughts for me!

Note: I've had each person take the humanmetrics version of the MBTI test and had them read profile descriptions to confirm their type.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

INTJ
    ISFJ
    ESXJ

I'll elaborate later..

MBTI
    INTJ

Great Idea Mempy!

As an introvert, I only a few good friends and they mean the world to me. I have to say, I really do appreciate them but I probably don't show it very well but because they are such good friends, they accept that about me and still love me none the less. Whatever the reasons are, they are the people I hold most close to my heart and I don't know what I would do without them!

So, in no particular order, my three most special friends to me are:

Male IsTP:This, of course is the love of my life, the one and only ptgatsby. He has helped me so much in my life and I don't know if I could ever repay him. I would be so lost and so confused without him. He is the light at the end of any dark tunnel; he is my reason for getting up in the morning to face the cold, miserable world; he is my hero; he is my everything! I still can't believe that I had the opportunity to meet him and let alone snag him. I'm looking forward to spending the rest of my life with him, growing with him and learning from him. He has helped me in ways I can't describe and he has given me that strength to do whatever my little heart desires. Without him, I would still be that scared little girl, trying to please everyone and failing at doing so - so I will allow more and more of me die away until one day, I donno, lose all hope? It's something I don't need to think about anymore, pt has helped me develop who I really am, he has helped open up my mind and he has shown me what unconditional love really was. I love him and I want to tell the world how much he means to me - I would do anything for him and I wouldn't even think twice about it. He gets me and I never thought anyone ever could. Thanks pt, thanks for letting me be me and thanks for being the wonderful you that you are!

Female ENFP: I have know her since I was about 12/13 years old. She has always maintained our relationship nomatter how far away she moved from me. If she didn't call me all the time (when we weren't living in the same province), I don't think we wouldn't have remained friends. I am terrible will keeping in touch with people, especially if they don't live in the same city as me. I don't know how to explain it, she is very special to me and despite my introvertedness, she still tolerates me and she is one of the few people that has shown me what true friendships really are. My family had me believe for the longest time that I could never trust anyone but my own family - this ENFP friend of mine proved them wrong. Unlike my family, she has cared about me and supported me in every way possible - even if we didn't always see eye to eye. She has never judged me nor made me feel less of myself. She would tell me her honest opinion and she would try to help me solve my problems. She has always been there for me to lean on, been a shoulder for me to cry on and recently, she has shown me that nomatter what our views of the world may differ, she will always support me and trust in me. She believes in me and that is more than I can say for most people in my life. I respect her and I trust her. I didn't realize how important she was to me until recently when things were kinda falling apart for me in terms of my family relationships. I will cherish this friendship and I promised myself that I will try to get my introverted self to devote more time in this friendship.

Male ISFP: I have known this guy since I was about 18/19 years old, so for about 7-8 years now. He was one of the executive members of one of the clubs I was a part of in university and how we actually met and remained friends is still a mystery to us - I was at one of their meetings (because I thought as a member, I was suppose to go) and he approached me to see if I was running for one of the positions on the club's executive. I said no and the rest is history... He is the guy that I depended on, when he was living in the same city as me, who always dragged me out and made me do things that I never thought of doing - oh, it's nothing bad, he just drags me to club events and little social gathering here and there. He is actually the guy who introduced me to pt and he is one of our very best friends. He has always been there for me, when I was dating my ex (who was very bad for me and somewhat abusive), he would be there for me and come and pick me up from wherever I am at any time of the day or night. He was always the first to offer me help when I needed it or even when I don't. He helped me move, he's good to my family (who loves him) and he has never shown me anything but love and respect. He has helped me in so many ways and he has always made me feel number one. He's living on the other side of the world right now and we only see each other when he comes back to visit - I miss him very much and he is another person who has shown me what unconditional love really is. I would say, he is my best friend, other than my fiance (pt) and he is another person I would do pretty much anything for. He gives me hope in humanity and he allows me to trust someone other than myself. I know I can always depend on him and I hope that he knows that the same applies for me to.

I have to add one more to my most special friend list:Male ENTJ: He is part of the little group I usually hang out with (when everyone was still living in the same city) - There's pt, the male ISFP, this guy and I. We were the three musketeers since most people consider pt and I as one. I have known him for about 6 years and he has always been very good to me. He is a very strong and unique person. I really respect him and he is very good to pt and I. He respects me and he offers pt and I something that we introverts rarely try on our own. He introduces me to new things and he makes a huge effort to maintain our friendship. He also accepts me for who I am and never judges me. He tells things as it is and his energy motivates me. He is special and I do value his friendship...

So, sorry for the long post, here it is. Pretty much my only friends and the most important people in my life.
    Sorry for any typos, spelling or grammer errors but I'm a bit preoccupied planning my wedding.
    Or if you want to read more about me and help me gain more insight to your world (I do need more experiences in life), feel free to skim through my blog.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nonpareil View Post
    I have to add one more to my most special friend list:Male ENTP:
    Male ENTJ, I think you mean

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Male ENTJ, I think you mean
    Oh, yes - he is most definately a J. Fixed. Thanks for catching it dear, what would I do without you?
    Sorry for any typos, spelling or grammer errors but I'm a bit preoccupied planning my wedding.
    Or if you want to read more about me and help me gain more insight to your world (I do need more experiences in life), feel free to skim through my blog.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I don't like reducing my relationship with these people to words. It's so much more than that, more than I have the capacity to describe.

1. INTJ
    2. INFJ
    3. Several people. ENTP. ESFJ. INTJ or ISTP (now leaning towards INTJ).
    Last edited by Randomnity; 01-05-2008 at 02:34 PM. Reason: TMI

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Oh, Lord, I thought this would be one of those stupid MySpace surveys...

I don't really know anyone that I can call special, seeing how my attempts to get out of my isolation have failed thus far.

I'll have to come back to this...carry on.

MBTI
    INTP

ISFJ - My husband. Gentle, compassionate, kind, patient, responsible and selfless.

INTJ - My closest friend. Lots of interesting discussion. Our friendship is easy, natural and low maintenance. We can not speak for a month and pick up exactly where we left off. He's intelligent, witty and determined. I adore him.

INTP - An online friend whose company I enjoy. Always interesting discussion to be had, never any drama and lots of laughs along the way.

Notable mentions to three colleagues - an INTP, an INTJ and an ENTP whose company I enjoy immensely, but who I keep at an arm's length.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

No fair. Wrong number to pick.

ENFP - (irl) You know him, most of you, and the dynamics are more precious to me that he knows. Including the "heated discussions" (read :- verbal brawl).

ENFJ - (also irl) From the regular "corrections" (or as he knows it "pointing out the bleeding obvious") to the general similarities in interest. It's odd because we should think totally differently and yet we're usually on the same frequency to some scary degrees.

The third has been a nasty decision, mean old Mempy.

INTP (net & more recently irl) After 27 and some odd years in this head it was soo nice and relaxing to sink into a fellow INTPs thoughts. I mean it's nice when people say "good job" but it's even sweeter when another deep thinker says it.

Oh and I only rank people for such things as these lists. There are those who've been of great value to me but I can only chose three.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

hmmmm, it's hard to pick a top 3...i really want to name 5. well i'll just name 5.

ENTP female -- my ex. she's amazing at everything except finishing things. she's really good at understanding people, but not very empathetic.

INFJ male -- best friend, doesn't buy into any bullshit, ridiculously insightful of people's motives/perspectives, cool worldview

ENFP female -- loving to everyone, really good at playing devil's advocate, incapable of being fake, crazy accurate gut impressions of people

INFP female -- pretty immature, but amazingly good at philosophy and seeing people's motives. we have a romantic past...

ENFJ female -- first GF (she's dead now, unfortunately). showed me how to trust my gut. best person i've ever seen by far at understanding others. inspiration and leader to all who knew her.

basically all of them are amazing at understanding people...i guess that's what i'm most attracted to.