User Tag List

First 1234 Last

I can TELL you are a novelist Jennifer. Your wonderful writing, even in short cases, is descriptive and vivid. It's GREAT. I like it and enjoy the art of words as well. It's good that you have a writing partner, but I have a momentarily hard time seeing him as being better than you.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    AWW, LOL. It's the greatest thing to have a friend who does that! Also, your sense of humor is great. "I don't care if that's drippy, I'd be dead without her. Or very naked." LOL.
    I'm not too proud to admit it. hahaha!! I'm a gimp. My sister keeps me from shaming the family with my forest-creature-esque obliviousness.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

INTP- My best friend. I would probably not want to be alive if it wasn't for this person. He is the most loyal person i have ever met in my life and i love him very much. He is one of the only 2 people that i can spend a lot of time with and never get bored or feel the need to get away and be alone. We can sit around and do nothing for hours and it ends up being fun. I know this person would do anything for me and will always be there for me, because in the 9 years that i've known him he has never failed me. He understands me fully and makes an effort to know me better than anyone ever has. He always tells me that my brain is beautiful and that he wants to make love to it. He will be the MAN of honor at my wedding and i intend to keep him in my life forever, and the day i die i hope he speaks at my funeral.

INTJ-My second best friend/boyfriend. Mike is the love of my life. I have loved before but never the way that i love him. He makes me smile every day, and makes me feel like i'm worth something. I see him every morning when i wake up and every night when i go to sleep and i wouldn't have it any other way. We make each other laugh at stupid things. He appreciates my intelligence and i appreciate his. I would do anything for him and i love that we have a baby together and that we are getting married soon.

ENFJ- David. Oh David is CRAZY. he has the most off the wall sense of humor i've ever encountered. He is outspoken and obnoxious. I love David dearly. He gives the best advice and is always willing to lend me a helping hand. If i want to have fun, i know who to run to. He is always the life of the party and i'm glad to have him in my life.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Oh, hmmm. Very interesting thread, kudos!

INTP - (female) My best friend. I've known her for about 7 years now, ever since I discovered she was exactly as nerdy as I was. She's so smart and knows exactly who she is and what she likes. In ways I'm totally jealous of how sure she is - I have so little idea who I am, really - and I find so often that my own views and opinions end up mirroring hers, because if something is good enough for her, well, dammit, it's got to be great. And she's such a mysterious person to just about everyone else, that I feel truly honoured that she opens up enough to go all silly with me when the mood strikes. *hugs*

ISTP - (female) She's one of those people who can be both incredibly mature and incredibly immature, and totally fearless, either way. She's also waay smart. And she's so reliable, and thank GOD I have reliable people around me or I really have no idea where I'd be. She's always so pleasant, and even though she might have a tendancy to be a bit blunt, it never comes across as insulting or hurtful. I honestly don't know how she manages that, with my sensitive NF soul! Though I fear I do confound her sometimes when trying to tell her how to do something (and in the end she usually knows better, anyway), she never holds it against me.

ESFP - (female) Oh, all right, I'll be a sap and put my sister, too. Despite being two years younger, in many ways she's like a big sister to me. I ask her for advice on clothes and hairstyles and anything like that. Whenever the parents are out, she's the one taking responsibility. But in turn, she looks up to me for advice on different stuff, so it works out really well, and (well, almost always) we get on swimmingly. She's also seen the absolute best and absolute worst of me, and still loves me for it. At the moment she's across the world in Finland, and I haven't seen her for about 6 months.

ENFJ? (a wild guess, I have no idea what her type is, but I'm gonna ask her tomorrow) - I've only known her since the start of the year, but for some reason we just get on like wildfire! We laugh our heads off when we're around each other, and we never seem to run out of things to say, even when, well, we're not talking about anything in particular! I feel like I've known her for ages, and I certainly hope I will!
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    I can TELL you are a novelist Jennifer. Your wonderful writing, even in short cases, is descriptive and vivid. It's GREAT. I like it and enjoy the art of words as well. It's good that you have a writing partner, but I have a momentarily hard time seeing him as being better than you.
    His strength is more in being "clean" and quick with his writing. I am more of a "diarist" or novelist type, while he worked for a long time in the newspaper industry as a writer and editor... and if you study newspaper and magazine prose, it has to cut to the chase and capture ideas succinctly (due to lack of space).

We used to fight all the time when we wrote; he would edit down my flowery paragraphs (destroying my rhythm), I'd add words to his to make it more melodic and ruin his compactness. Finally we both realized what we were doing and compromised.

Neat thread, Mempy... it's like "Type Come Real."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

My three closest friends are:

- INFJ
    - ESTJ
    - INFP

The INFJ is my husband. What can I say? He just 'gets' me. We are best friends.

The ESTJ takes some explaining. I've known her for over 25 years; we met as college freshmen. Because I moved around alot as a child (and an adult) I never got to develop 'hometown' friends that stuck for life. So this friendship is extremely important to me for many reasons. We met when we were both in a significant developmental stage; our friendship developed within a specific cultural/religious context; we are both very independently minded, thoughtful, and surprisingly silly people so we supported each other through some difficult times. Finally, it's just incredibly reassuring to have someone in my life who not only knows my backstory, but was there when it was unfolding. We can just pick up where we left off, even after months. There is something about that kind of friend that transcends even type preference. ETA: We've backpacked through Europe together. If you can travel rough with someone and at the end of the trip you are still friends, then you are friends for life.

The INFP is my sister-in-law, and I've known her almost as long as the ESTJ. She is very very dear to me and, even though my brother is being a complete jackass and throwing his marriage away, I have already made it clear to my *Sister* (the closest to actually having one that I'll ever be) that, if it comes down to it... I choose her.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

INTP- my husband. I have great esteem for his integrity. I would put that more strongly, but I do not know how. I admire his brain. I am addicted to his humor. He loves me as a woman ought to be loved. Maybe more.

ENFP- my best friend of ten years. She is the most fascinating paradox I've ever come across. When you meet her the first thing you think is blonde. Then you realize that there is a brilliant mind nestled under that blonde hair and a heart of pure gold beating behind the push-up bra. She always has something she is passionately pursuing and she has a fantastic sense of humor. We have talked each other though a lot of tragedies and disasters over the years and I love that she is my friend.

ISFJ- my sister-in-law. We aren't as close as we maybe could be, though I'm not entirely sure why, but my sister-in-law is very loyal and protective. She cares about a lot of the same things I do, though we don't do it the same way. She always tries hard to do the right thing and to take care of her family. I know I can always talk to her when I'm upset she will be understanding and supportive and give me perspective. I'm one of the few people (if not the only one) that she trusts to do the same for her. I appreciate how, even though I'm very flighty and quirky by her standards, she is always willing to listen to where I'm coming from and be accepting.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP

ENFP: my best friend, we have a lot of fun together, and seem to track with what the other is thinking so well that it sometimes seems like we are continually moving from "in joke" to "in joke". Actually, we're not, we just have really similar senses of humour. We can crack each other up with very little effort. No need to explain jokes or anything like that. He is also one of the most free people I've ever met. I was best man at his wedding, and he would be best man at mine even if I got married at 90yrs of age. Him and his wife are living in Canada atm, and I barely ever return their emails (once every 6 months maybe), but I miss him every day.

ISTJ(?): my best friend growing up, the closest thing I have to a brother. He has always been a true friend. He gets incredibly anxious when he's drunk, which is hilarious. He was always a good balance for me, growing up. He was the responsible one, who was always warning me when whatever we were undertaking would get us into trouble. Not that I ever listened to him. I also got him started reading fantasy books, may God have mercy on my soul. Now he has shelves and shelves of them, all in mint condition in their dustcovers. I barely ever see him lately. The last time was probably 2004. My fault -- I am terrible at keeping in touch. But if he called me up and told him he needed someone to come and take a bullet for him, I would be there on the next plane.

XNFP (?): lives in upstate NY. An aspiring writer, and someone who sticks in the memories of anyone who meets him. He's a madman. I have no clue how we got to be friends. He used to be in a gang in NY city, then became a Christian and moved to Perth to work with the same missionary-type organization I was working with. Has hitch-hiked all over USA, and Australia too. One Monday morning he wasn't at work, and people were asking around to find out if he was sick or something. He phoned about lunchtime saying that he would be late in to work since he was in Halls Creek, a tiny town about 2000km away. Apparently he decided to hitch-hike out of town on Saturday and see how far he could get. He was bored. One time he was on an "outreach" team in Sydney, where the team was doing street evangelism in the main red-light district of Australia. He had decided that the reason their evangelism wasn't as successful as early-church evangelism had been was that Christians aren't persecuted enough in Western nations. So he went around to all the members of his team who were witnessing to people and abused them for their faith ("He's lying to you! I can't believe you Christians think that, you're all so stupid! You just want money, don't you? Admit it!"). In a cape. Occasionally when I was teasing him about something he would smile at me, veins throbbing in his forehead, and say, "I really want to punch you in the face right now." And he meant it. I don't keep in contact with him much. Both of us hate superficial communication, and both of us agree that that is exactly what emailing necessarily is.

From what has been written on this thread, and from my own experience, it looks like INFPs are just really awful at maintaining the forms of friendship.

MBTI
    Infx

ISFP - At risk of sounding valleygirl-esque, she's totally my BFF! ...>< Okay, but that really says it perfectly. We met in kindergarten and she was the only person who didn't make fun of my constantly un-matched clothes. I even taught her how to tie her shoes. :3 After some touch and go meetings through school, in 9th grade we were in the same art class and have been inseparable ever since. I love her because we can be totally open with each other without fear of being judged. Whenever I'm dealing with guys and everyone else is telling me what jerks they are, she has more respect for the fact that I still care about them and just listens when I share my intuitions rather than shrugging them off as lovesick dribble. I really appreciate that. She is so loving and accepting and sweet and SO hard working. She is so lively and energetic and can talk at a mile a minute, which is great for bringing out little reserved me. We really inspire each other when it comes to art, and as she continues to pursue her illustration major, it's been amazing to have seen her improve and grow. Even though she's been off at college, whenever she comes home on break, it's never awkward or distanced at all. There's just a bond there that I know will never weaken no matter where life takes us. <3

ESFP - Speaking of totally inseparable bonds.. that brings us to this young gentleman. I have a rough time even finding words to explain, but maybe if I just tell the story, you can imagine the depth. After two years of crushing on each other, but avoiding each other because he thought I would want nothing to do with him and I thought he was too flighty to want a steady girl.. we finally got together with the meddling help of miss ISFP up there. We completed each other, he came from a bad past and broken family, which my INFJness just adored rescuing, and he couldn't be thankful enough for someone to appreciate him. My family life wasn't that great either, so the both of us finally found a source of unconditional love and support to run to. I still admire to death his ability to be in front of an audience and make people smile with little effort. He's amazing. But anyway.. the co-dependency eventually came to a head when we got out of high school and a really bad and confusing break up ensued, but we both knew the friendship was something that we wanted to hold onto. Through residual feelings, jealousy, periods of hating each other's guts, broken promises, getting back together, breaking back up, breaking each other's hearts, dating other people, him living with me for awhile when his parents kicked him out..and all that to hell and back, we finally succeeded. Firmly rooted as..transcendental best friends, really, we now know we aren't meant to be together but continue to be there for each other and have great fun. It's very nice to have someone where every single boundary has already been broken, so none exist and you just thrive in the bond that connects you.

ExFx - This kid is so determined not to be labeled, he switches around just to confuse people and pretend to be in control, and usually fights his F because of the whole society scorning emotional guys, plus internalization of his psycho ex's expectations. -.- but I definitely know those two letters, and I'm pretty sure it's leaning towards ENFJ, though he's been acting very SP lately (I think because of the ESFP friend's influence). Anyway, this is the FIRST PERSON in my life with any sort of N whatsoever. I can't say how awesome it felt to finally have someone I could share intuition with who didn't think I was totally bonkers. He really brought the NF out of me, and I still don't think he realizes just how much he brightened my life by doing so. But then he stopped being interested in me, and so switched back to this.. cynical, jaded bastard who still pumps me up that much more because I get to argue with him. When he's not being self-righteous, controlling and/or convinced of a zombie apocalypse within the next couple years and drowning himself in NF depression at the state of the world, he's the most amazing person I know. Either way, he gives and gives and cares and connects with people without judgment. He lives to help and see other people smile and brings the best out of everyone he meets without even trying. He's also reckless and spontaneous enough to bring out the dangerous side of me, which is fun once in awhile too.

INT? - This is ^ that guy's brother. NF + NT.. need I say more? Plus he made me recognize the lupine furry in me.

INFJ - I ranted about him in a different thread, but basically.. he's SO NICE TO ME, it gives me a nice break from my own over-selfless INFJism. Plus gives me a nice philosophical rant buddy, and we understand each other really well.

ISFJ(?) - The big brother I never had. I counsel him through his issues, and he looks after me. He's my sounding board. He's the first person I've met who understands that when I'm ranting, it's only thinking out loud.. not necessarily serious contemplations of actions to take. I really needed that to work with my Ne. The fact that I rely on him for such also helps him feel useful.

Sorry about the huge rants.. I LOVE MY FRIENDS AND HAVE TO GUSH.

This is also why the general S hate makes me sad. They can be the best people ever!
    Last edited by wolfmaiden14; 12-01-2007 at 06:41 PM.
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

MBTI
    yupp

1.INTJ-Known her since middle school, we both get along very well. She's more introverted then I am. We come up with some crazy conspriacy theories when we hang out. We've supported each other and have gone through some rough times together. She's very precise and analytical, also she tends to be on time to most places.

2.INFJ-Room mate just met her this year, but we get along amazingly well she doesn't understand how I can lose things a minute after finding them. I can't understand how she gets lost using the El so I guess it balances out.

3.ExFx-Known her since highschool she thinks she's introverted, and maybe she is but she doesn't understand people's need to be alone. Me and my other friend wanted to have some time just to chill by our selves. They spent the night, and were going to again. So I didn't say anything but duncan, was like let me go home get a shower and just sit for a bit. She stayed at my house as she had gotten up at 7 went to her grandma's who lives 5 minutes away took a shower and came back, I just hung out with her. I ended up drinking pretty early that day, and I was so glad that we didn't stay the night together the next night. I was ready for "me" time, and I didn't go out the next day either which was just perfect then I flew back to Chicago. I love her she's a good friend but sometimes she doesn't think about other's needs or wants which can be frustrating. I know we're all guilty of this. Don't get me wrong she cares.