User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    ...81 Nobel Prizes to 25...
    The ones for flower arranging don't count.

Socionics
    SLI

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Pfft! :rolleyes2: It's embarrassing and the exact reason other countries think we're idiots and backwards.
    Well it's not her fault! Why make her a scapegoat! And also, if people think americans are stupid because some people don't know some silly geography facts, then their the ones that are the really stupid ones! A persons worth is not determined by whether they can recite a book of facts or not! And also who cares what other people think, self pretentious pricks, if the want to see americans as stupid, fine, let them. You know better and that's all that really matters.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    The ones for flower arranging don't count.
    What about the ones in interpretative fish-slapping dance? Elbow patch engineering? Advanced nepotism? I suppose you're going to pooh-pooh those too? :steam:
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    What about the ones in interpretative fish-slapping dance? Elbow patch engineering? Advanced nepotism? I suppose you're going to pooh-pooh those too? :steam:
    Actually, no. I have great respect for high achievement in engineering of elbow patches.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    That's Kelly Pickler. She's faking. She may not be that smart, but she's definitely playing it up. On American Idol she said she didn't know what salmon was. "What's SAL-MOHN? Is that a food?" That was her shtick and it worked. Notice the host is the 'you know you're a redneck?' guy and they are both speaking with deep southern accents? Exactly. She's playing for the camera.
    It is annoying to see the "Blonde haired, dumb, southern/valley girl accent, cute style extremely feminine" act repeated over and over though, it really doesn't set a good example for people, and just seems to be a cheap way to get people to pull punches because of the person being "non-threatening".

Something I would love to see is one of these people forced out of their comfort zone, where they have to do something that can't be twisted to suit the image. I actually thought of some stuff after the "I think that U.S. Americans.. " video came out. (Ask them whether they prefer big cats or big snakes, , say, or ways to save money on housing or clothes, or which type of military plan would be best for fighting in afghanistan.)

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    That's Kelly Pickler. She's faking. She may not be that smart, but she's definitely playing it up. On American Idol she said she didn't know what salmon was. "What's SAL-MOHN? Is that a food?" That was her shtick and it worked. Notice the host is the 'you know you're a redneck?' guy and they are both speaking with deep southern accents? Exactly. She's playing for the camera.
    She was reading the menu.
    Though she had heard of salmon before, she apparently had never seen the word in writing.
    I didn't recognize the word either, the first time I ever saw it.
    She's not faking.

In this case, she was trying to win money for her favorite charity.
    It would not be to anyone's advantage for her to give dumb answers.
    I don't know why people find it so hard to believe that with Kelli, what you see is what you get.
    She's just being her honest self.
    It just so happens that her honest self is very amusing.
    She's not afraid of being laughed at.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Now now, Uber, don't you know that all Americans are stupid, wasteful and morbidly obese?
    I think I ned to travel to America so I can spill hot coffee over my lap and sue McDonalds for 20 billion Dollars, way to get rich .

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    ENTj

Though I have to say, if you watch American "News" or "Documentaries" you do get the impression that they are geared towards mentally retarded people. Actually the movie "Idiocracy" seems more like a Documentary of the impression a foreigner gets when he travels to America for the first time, and no, we dont have any stereotypes of you here in Europe.

In response to snegledmaca's first comment:

n.

1. The capacity to acquire and apply knowledge.
    2. The faculty of thought and reason.
    3. Superior powers of mind. See synonyms at mind.
    2. An intelligent, incorporeal being, especially an angel.
    3. Information; news. See synonyms at news.
    1. Secret information, especially about an actual or potential enemy.
    2. An agency, staff, or office employed in gathering such information.
    3. Espionage agents, organizations, and activities considered as a group: “Intelligence is nothing if not an institutionalized black market in perishable commodities” (John le Carr&#233.
    Although knowledge is certainly not equal to intelligence (which is better described as one's reasoning capabilities), it is certainly an indication of intelligence, and vice-versa. QED
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca View Post
    Well it's not her fault! Why make her a scapegoat! And also, if people think americans are stupid because some people don't know some silly geography facts, then their the ones that are the really stupid ones! A persons worth is not determined by whether they can recite a book of facts or not! And also who cares what other people think, self pretentious pricks, if the want to see americans as stupid, fine, let them. You know better and that's all that really matters.
    It's ok, a very dear friend of mine is also an ESFJ and she can't stand to watch American Idol ever since Simon told that guy he look like a bush baby. It really got to her just as this Kellie Pickler thing has seemingly gotten to you.

Twins!
    Time is a delicate mistress.