First 12

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    The alcohol will flow like a river Dutch guy is sleeping over at a friends' house today, so I might use my massive ESTP skills to get laid tonight
    Radio promo [sung]: "Je-sus is com-ing, Je-sus is com-ing again."

[quote]And I also found out that i'm one of
    And I also found out that i'm one of the five heirs of an old relative that died recently. Think i'm gonna use it to start up a café & bar. Think she would have liked that.
    Neat! Gratz to you. I'm bummed, I didn't have any relatives rich enough to be worth bumping off.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Neat! Gratz to you. I'm bummed, I didn't have any relatives rich enough to be worth bumping off.
    That's when you take a loan or get sponsors, if you are going to start something up.
    For me it's a good thing that means I will only need to take about 60% of the loan I was going to take in a couple of years when i'm finished being a kid in people's eyes. I'm gonna do it to create security and stability for people around me and myself, and have a blazz at the same time. I genuinely love bars, noisy or quiet, never get tired of it And there are always barfights and stuff that i'd gladly participate in, aside from that my big interests are people, good food and making people laugh. And of course the barfights. Oh I mentioned that already?

What i'm generally thinking about now is a dashing name and how I should furnish the place. I'm looking for a particular kind of realestate, somewhere in southern sweden, where almost all the population resides.

Anyway. I want a place about 150 square meters on a corner, preferrably near the center of later chosen town. That shit is important. LOCATION.

My current idea is to make the place look much like an irish/sailor bar, dimly lit. There should be replica rifles, ship's wheel rudder lamps, heavy mahogany and leather furnishing, a few flags/coats of arms, maritime paintings (with glass casings so they won't be splashed with beer).

It is hard to describe the picture I have in my head, but i'm trying.
    I know quite a few security guards and a couple of policemen, so that part is going to be handled easily. I also know way too many bartenders and cooks.
    Staffing the place and getting expert advice in the matter isn't going to be an issue. My mother is also an over-educated economist and my father is a consultant that has had a couple of firms in his days, so i'm taking lessons in paperpushing and general ways of getting shit done in the least painful way.

I got this idea concerning the beer-keg system in wich I will have to invest. I'm gonna have it on the back wall behind the bar, covered with a front that makes it look like big oak barrels.

I'm thinking about the walls also... I'm thinking about having wooden panels up until half the wall and above that some kind of dark green, dark maroon or some kind of nice tapestry. I wonder what would look best? Dark green is a proven color in many irish pubs, that's a fact. But it really depends on what crap i'm going to put up on the walls, really. And the color of the furnishing.

Sorry for my ramblings and imaginative stuff. But this is concrete shit. I WILL do it. It's more or less my plan to get this thing running on it's own after a couple of decades of hard work, maybe founding more bars or just keeping the one and semi-retire. Whilst this being a great way of making sure that none in my family or inner circle is ever without a decent income.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Do we have any professional decorators or people with genuine interests in furnishing, who would be willing to discuss the matter?

This is the missing link really. I don't know a single person who has real know-how in this kind of matter. The rest is already roughly planned out.

I do however have a general idea on how it would look, but i'm talking more about specific things needed to make people feel at home, comfortable and so on.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Isn't this more of a fluff zone thread?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Bonfires are made to be babbled over. This is not in any way fluffy.
    Please turn off the J-mode, sir

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Nobody with any opinions in the matter..? or stuff?