Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    *shrug* I either hide somewhere or run while he is going after someone else. I mean, really, he's so big -- if I have time to run, I can probably get away. My most likely death is immediately either getting stepped on or trapped in a collapsed building.
    Godzilla moves faster than you do! Don't forget the fire.

I'm assuming you are fighting the monster, not just trapped in the movies with one. So avoidance isn't going to work with any of them.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I'm assuming you are fighting the monster, not just trapped in the movies with one. So avoidance isn't going to work with any of them.
    No, I'm running.
    (actually, I just need to outrun you!)

But here's the thing: Godzilla still doesn't SCARE me, although i probably have little chance of beating him. The others I mentioned are what scare the hell out of me. The threat Godzilla poses is less scary to me than the other threats.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

No, I'm running.
    (actually, I just need to outrun you!)

But here's the thing: Godzilla still doesn't SCARE me, although i probably have little chance of beating him. The others I mentioned are what scare the hell out of me. The threat Godzilla poses is less scary to me than the other threats.
    Being scared doesn't mean anything, I want to live!

I'll take the crawlers over many despite how scary they are. Buncha girls with pickaxes can kill them after all...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Being scared doesn't mean anything, I want to live!

I'll take the crawlers over many despite how scary they are. Buncha girls with pickaxes can kill them after all...
    I guess, if push can to shove, I would rather be stomped on (immediate death) or incinerated (immediate death) than dragged to my doom and torn to pieces by teeth and claws and eaten while still alive and aware of what is happening to me.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm still sticking by the fact that God is the scariest- plagues, infanticide, smiting, massive floods :horor: and to make it worse, they're even captured in movies and people cheer FOR him

most of these can be seen in The 10 Commandments or other such films, for anyone who wonders
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Ginkgo

BAHAHA I love this thread. The Tater approves.

The scariest monster is the unknown. Some people are comforted by endless mystery, but you know the most successful horror movies are actually the ones where the monster isn't revealed til the climax. Alien is a good example. You just get to enjoy a killing spree being made by some mysterious thing. Why else would people be afraid of the dark? Believe it or not, the first Godzilla: "Gojira" made in 1954 used a similar style.

I would be scared shitless of the Cloverfield Monster, which took place in a city, which reminds me of George Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue!

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9nG2KyEp2A&feature=related"]Rhapsody in Blue[/YOUTUBE]

Best song eva!!!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I guess, if push can to shove, I would rather be stomped on (immediate death) or incinerated (immediate death) than dragged to my doom and torn to pieces by teeth and claws and eaten while still alive and aware of what is happening to me.
    You're already assuming death! You've given up!

*knocks KIMBERLY, yeah I said it, into gator-infested waters*

(INTPc inside joke)

MBTI
    INFP

Predator. Because I always root for the Predator in any movie involving the Predator. So even if I somehow did manage to kill it (despite superior technology, experience, physical abilities, intellect, skills) I'd still feel like a dick.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

*knocks KIMBERLY, yeah I said it, into gator-infested waters*
    Alright, I might be scared of Godzilla... BUT I'M NOT SCARED OF YOU!!!

....oooooh dem is fighting words. :steam:

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Predator. Because I always root for the Predator in any movie involving the Predator. So even if I somehow did manage to kill it (despite superior technology, experience, physical abilities, intellect, skills) I'd still feel like a dick.
    You are murdering a unique creature capable of producing, raising, and nuzzling its young.. even if it kills humans for sport and cheats when it's lost.

So you SHOULD feel bad!

MBTI
    INFP

You are murdering a unique creature capable of producing, raising, and nuzzling its young.. even if it kills humans for sport and cheats when it's lost.

So you SHOULD feel bad!
    Plus it's so cool.