User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

I kept all the cards from my baby showers in my baby books, and I keep the cards my hubby gives me that have long, heartfelt messages in them. But other than that, I throw them away right after I read them. I just never really liked them....Hallmark's words are meaningless to me, even if the person who picked it out really feels like they speak for him/her. I never buy them, ever.

Keep your card and give me the four bucks

~*79% Extraverted*~
    ~*74% iNtuition*~
    ~*74% Feeling*~
    ~*58% Judging*~

Enneagram Type: SX 3w2

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I keep them till they get lost...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Member tastes_like_purple's Avatar
    MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram

I have cards from like 5 years ago 0_o
    I hoard useless crap I can't help it
    A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes,
    I screamed aloud, as it tore through them,
    and now it's left me blind...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Generally they lie around for a week or two. I do still have all our wedding cards, the cards my husband bought and made for me while we were dating, and several cards/notes from my grandma (she died in 1999, and I haven't gotten rid of anything she gave me that I had when she died).

And somewhere around here, I have an anniversary card my husband gave me on one of our recent anniversaries. It had a picture of a messy kitchen with kids and pets all over the place, and it communicated that he was happy to be with me, crappy housekeeper or no. I will love it always.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Christmas cards are rarely displayed and I am annoyed at people that just write their name in them. I usually save the covers of them though to use as tags for Christmas presents.

Other cards are saved only if they are from people very close to me. I have shoeboxes that represent many different phases of my life. I've already been glad for saving some of that stuff because it reminds me of people/events/feelings that I'd hate to lose.

I don't understand people who prominently display really personally cards from a SO for a really long time - kind of indicates either insecurity within the relationship, or the need for others to know just how well loved they are or how great their person is.

Birthday cards I display for a little while and then toss or save depending one what's written and who it's from.

MBTI
    INTx

I keep them for a week or two. They're nice little reminders that hey, someone thought enough about me to send a card.

I don't really attach much value to the card itself but the intention behind it. A phone call or even a warm smile serves the same function.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I dump them immediately, often without opening them. I hate cheesy sentiments almost as much as I hate clutter.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    When someone sends you Christmas cards, birthday cards, congratulation cards, etc. how long do you keep them?

I usually read them, smile, then promptly throw them in the trash. What are you supposed to do with them beyond that?
    Agreed. Except for the cards my husband has given me. I keep them all.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't think I've ever actually thrown a card away. Maybe you people get more cards than I do. To me, they are something special, if someone took the time to give me something personally. If it's some form letter card from a business or something, then I'd probably toss those, but not ones from actual people.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I dump them immediately, often without opening them. I hate cheesy sentiments almost as much as I hate clutter.
    ROWR.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    When someone sends you Christmas cards, birthday cards, congratulation cards, etc. how long do you keep them?

I usually read them, smile, then promptly throw them in the trash. What are you supposed to do with them beyond that?
    I display them until Christmas time is over. Then I cut them in pieces and glue them on blank cards to use the next Christmas. I keep them on the counter for long enough to ensure that I don't accidentally send a piece of a card back to the original sender the same year.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women