User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I keep ones from my students because if anyone ever accuses me of being a shitty teacher, I can say, "Oh, yeah? Look at this!" Just a weird quirk. Besides if I'm having a bad day, I remind myself that it's just today and not all the time.

Sometimes my husband writes me little notes on pieces of paper. Like this one time out of the blue, he wrote: "An meine kleine Maus: Ich liebe dich - so wie du bist!" (To my little mouse: I love you just the way you are). A little teddy bear is sitting on my subwoofer, and he has it in his hands. Things like that mean more to me than cards.

Other cards get tossed. Seriously, why do people ferking get cards anyway?

I keep a select few (very few) in a box, and the other 99% get tossed when I read them. I do feel guilty, but I guess not enough to not do it. I think the guilt comes from how expensive cards are, but I think greeting cards are a racket anyway. Left to my own device I'd never buy or send them. I think a phone call or a personal correspondence mean more.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I keep a select few (very few) in a box, and the other 99% get tossed when I read them. I do feel guilty, but I guess not enough to not do it. I think the guilt comes from how expensive cards are, but I think greeting cards are a racket anyway. Left to my own device I'd never buy or send them. I think a phone call or a personal correspondence mean more.
    Exactly.

MBTI
    ISTP

I usually keep them all in a drawer or folder somewhere. I think that if I handed out cards, I'd want people to keep them...so I keep theirs. Of course I don't hand out cards to anyone. I don't get too many cards either. Most of my friends and I don't care to make tokens like that for each other so my collection isn't too great.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I don't throw cards away.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Birthday cards can stay up for 1, possibly 2 days then they are heading for the bin.

Our Xmas cards this year didn't even get put up but then i did take the tree now at noon on the 25th.

Opppsss, i also forgot to send the cards, oh well, they are somewhere in the house, just hope i find them for next year
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I keep all of the cards people send me, but this is only because I use them for writing paper. If not for that, I would throw them out after enough time had passed for me to honor the senders' thoughts. Some people would leave them untouched, but I hate needless clutter and I think it's appropriate and even poetic to put my thoughts on the same paper as thoughts that were sent to me. It turns the card into a kind of dialogue between me and the sender, and since dialogue is life and life is dialogue, this means that my graffito has helped us to make a baby together. Really, it's like sex; even a virgin homosexual male like me can get impregnated by a Christmas card.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

I keep em around for awhile, but throw them away too. No carelessness meant.. I just don't collect very many things.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    When someone sends you Christmas cards, birthday cards, congratulation cards, etc. how long do you keep them?

I usually read them, smile, then promptly throw them in the trash. What are you supposed to do with them beyond that?
    This.

Some people have this strange obsession with keeping them or even going as far as to frame them. They're just material objects, though. Why would you keep them?

This is the same issue I have with people who cling to flags or symbols of patriotism/religion. You know, if I was freezing in the cold and I couldn't afford firewood, I would gladly burn a flag to stay alive. Unless it was the last flag/statue/symbol on Earth and destroying it would strike its memory from humanity for the rest of time, who cares? :steam:

MBTI
    ENTP

If they're especially special I will save them. If they contain information or significance I will run them through my duplex scanner and toss.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."