Thread: Barbie Torture

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Shit. I have two and a half of those! (I didn't kill animals, and I played with fire, but I wouldn't call it pyromania exactly.)
    don't worry too much I have a solid three on there pending on when in my life you look. I'm turning out not to bad
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I've heard that serial killers have a history of:
    1. Pyromania
    2. Bed wetting
    3. Animal killing
    4. Barbie mutilation

(It's true -- I read it online somewhere!)
    :horor: I love fire. I wet the bed up until I was 7. When I was a kid I used to kill squirrels for fun. And I used to brutalize my little brother's barbie doll.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    :horor: I love fire. I wet the bed up until I was 7. When I was a kid I used to kill squirrels for fun. And I used to brutalize my little brother's barbie doll.
    For me it was frogs, mice and grasshoppers.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    xNfj

::nudges the thread hopefully back to the Barbie topic...::

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    don't worry too much I have a solid three on there pending on when in my life you look. I'm turning out not to bad
    *wonders which one runvardh didn't have*
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    *wonders which one runvardh didn't have*
    The one this thread is supposed to be about

INFP, 6w7, IEI

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When I was a kid I used to kill squirrels for fun.
    Are you serious? *kicks you in the shins*

For me it was frogs, mice and grasshoppers.
    :eek: Omg.

Back on topic...

I’m surprised how many people mutilated their Barbies. I did love Barbies as a child, but I loved them so much I preserved them at all costs. I don’t remember cutting their hair or tattooing them or anything, although I did play out sexual fantasies with them and put them in various dramatic, perilous situations (for instance, I had a Barbie doll designed after Jasmine from Aladdin, and I’d imagine her in various Aladdin-esque adventure situations). I guess my fantasies of Barbie being in perilous, against-the-odds situations could be considered a form of Barbie-hate, but I think I just liked the adventure storylines I came up with. =) Ahh, childhood.

In fact, you can probably uncover some of my old Barbies still fully intact without a hair out of place, wearing their best outfits. I loved how beautiful and graceful Barbies were. My INTJ best friend hates the messages Barbie sends, and I can see why. Society really does place a lot of pressure on us beings to be beautiful (females), successful and wealthy (males). :steam:

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    When I was a child, a friend and I used to shoot at robins with his bb gun until one day we actually shot one and it dropped to the ground. There was a small bead of blood on its chest as it sat there quietly in the grass, its heart fluttering, and I stared, unnerved, into its dark eye until it finally stopped breathing.

I don't think I ever talked about it to anyone, but I don't think I have ever shot anything since. I just can't.

I still do enjoy playing with fire, though.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I don't understand the animal hurting.

As for Barbie's, I had some, liked playing with them, and probably lost interest by age 9 or so. The only drastic thing I did to one was cut her hair into a bob, because I thought it would be really cute, but I remember being really mad/disappointed, because Barbie hair just looks really bad when you cut it.

That was it! None of this mutilation stuff!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    Society really does place a lot of pressure on us beings to be beautiful (females), successful and wealthy (males). :steam:
    I think that is just our survival instincts taken to an extreme.

FWIW, I don't think my sister (ENFP) mutilated her dolls, and my mom (I_TP) collects dolls with an international theme.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield