Thread: Common Folkways

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Red face Common Folkways

Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    Yes, I understand but isn't there a difference between posting online and a coherent organized piece of work?
    Making distinction requires a certain intellectual effort. It actually requires you to review the data and see how some parts of it differ from others. Its not something that you can do over a five minute gossip with your friends in starbucks.

Common-people usually struggle to think analytically. As they can't easily see distinctions between notions, they place them all in the same category or they run them all together. For example, if they know a few Jews who are avaricious, they assume that all are. If they know a few people from Colorado who were rude, they assume all are.

You're asking Jaguar, someone who is incapable of posting a substanceless one-liner to recognize a distinction? That is, you're asking him to do rational thinking of some kind? This is very generous of you, but terribly naive.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Jaguar, you're just a troll who has nearly nothing to contribute to any thread.
    Go back to the beginning of the thread, boy.
    You came into this thread with the sole intent to deride.
    Cut the pretentious crap.

Check the date of the post. I hold nearly none of the views on typology that I've held in 2007.
    I wonder if Hitler could try that as a valid argument.
    "I used to hate Jews years ago, but I don't do that any more. "

That dog won't hunt.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Actually, Jaguar says some funny and occasionally insightful things. The only thing you seem to be contributing to this thread is a pompous, snide attitude. It doesn't really matter what you know if all you do is use it to mock and talk down to people. You really should learn how to communicate with others.
    I've been communicating, yet have given up a long time ago. Look through my history and see all the essays that I've patiently written. What has that changed? This is a community about MBTI/Keirsey's system which was created to make people confabulate about human personality. It was never meant to be educative. Having a meaningful conversation about typology on this forum is just as hopeless as having a meaningful conversation about philosophy with people who think they understand the subject because they read the books from the popular culture and philosophy series. For example; Matrix and philosophy, Watchmen and philosophy, Bones and Philosophy and so on.

Yes, there are a few reflective people here and there who put some serious thought into the subject, but they are exquisitely rare. Anyone who is trying to have a serious discussion with all of them is wasting time.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Making distinction requires a certain intellectual effort. It actually requires you to review the data and see how some parts of it differ from others. Its not something that you can do over a five minute gossip with your friends in starbucks.

Common-people usually struggle to think analytically. As they can't easily see distinctions between notions, they place them all in the same category or they run them all together. For example, if they know a few Jews who are avaricious, they assume that all are. If they know a few people from Colorado who were rude, they assume all are.

You're asking Jaguar, someone who is incapable of posting a substanceless one-liner to recognize a distinction? That is, you're asking him to do rational thinking of some kind? This is very generous of you, but terribly naive.
    Common people? You're a troll.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Go back to the beginning of the thread, boy.
    You came into this thread with the sole intent to deride.
    Cut the pretentious crap..
    This thread is about why one person terribly mistyped others. I pointed out why they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    wonder if Hitler could try that as a valid argument.
    "I used to hate Jews years ago, but I don't do that any more. "

Can you find posts of similar content that I wrote since 2009 or even 2008? I am not to blame for non-sense of that kind in entirety; folk typology is more culpable. The MBTI and Keirseyan method of typing people is what has informed my reasoning about the subject-matter. I am rendering a service to the community by pointing out its deep errors before it intoxicates the minds of many others in a manner akin to how it has once poisoned mine.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Common people? You're a troll.
    I don't think that making a reference to common-people makes me a troll. Its simply a fact that there is a number of features that an average person has. So, people who have most of these features can be regarded as common. Altogether, I don't think that I am trolling as there is constructive criticism accompanying my 'snide' remarks. Unlike, Jaguar, I don't just post substanceless one-liners.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

C'mon. Commonpeople is synonymous with laypeople.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

This thread is about why one person terribly mistyped others. I pointed out why they did.

I

Can you find posts of similar content that I wrote since 2009 or even 2008? I am not to blame for non-sense of that kind in entirety; folk typology is more culpable. The MBTI and Keirseyan method of typing people is what has informed my reasoning about the subject-matter. I am rendering a service to the community by pointing out its deep errors before it intoxicates the minds of many others in a manner akin to how it has once poisoned mine.
    I respect that. I change my opinions all the time (well, not all the time, but sometimes ) as new information is forthcoming.

I appreciate your attempts to educate us, Oh Great One. I hope you continue to honor us with your presence.

I like your book too! It's awesome.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't think that making a reference to common-people makes me a troll. Its simply a fact that there is a number of features that an average person has. So, people who have most of these features can be regarded as common. Altogether, I don't think that I am trolling as there is constructive criticism accompanying my 'snide' remarks. Unlike, Jaguar, I don't just post substanceless one-liners.
    Your criticism isn't constructive though.

You have a lot to offer, so you should work on that. Either make the criticism more helpful and less snotty, or if you're going to be snotty, at least try to be funny.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    I respect that. I change my opinions all the time (well, not all the time, but sometimes ) as new information is forthcoming.

I appreciate your attempts to educate us, Oh Great One. I hope you continue to honor us with your presence.

I like your book too! It's awesome.
    +1

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639