User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I'm sure you're also a descendant of a lowly serf from around that time, and chances are your serf blood is thicker.
    As a matter fo fact, as far as we checked, I do not have a single drop of noble's blood. And I'm proud of it.
    But apparently, my ancestors knew how to write, even in the middle age. For people who were denied to work in agriculture, this was a matter of survival.

As for me, I'd probably be poisoning wells, and blaming it on the Jews.
    Because that's how I roll.
    And you would probably force me to emigrate or seek the protection of a powerful lord/archbishop.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Sniffles

We all know Blackmail! would go into the family business of usury.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    As a matter fo fact, as far as we checked, I do not have a single drop of noble's blood. And I'm proud of it.
    But apparently, my ancestors knew how to write, even in the middle age. For people who were denied to work in agriculture, this was a matter of survival.

And you would probably force me to emigrate or seek the protection of a powerful lord/archbishop.
    Lend me some money, you Rothschild spawn.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    We all know Blackmail! would go into the family business of usury.
    Well... not exactly.

As far as we checked the occupation of my ancestors, we found lawyers, teachers, tailors, rabbis, herborists, millers, and owners of their own private "enterprise" -kasher vineyards in Alsace, sawmills and (modest) shipyards-. They all had to know how to handle numbers, or course.

But none of them apparently were into usury.

Only a very tiny percent of the total Jewish population were, but they sure gave us a bad reputation. Or maybe it was just a pretense to hate us.

---

What's sure is that they had to emigrate every two-three centuries. Alsace, Hungary, Prussia, Ile-de-France, Poland, Ukraine and beyond, Auvergne, Northern Italy, Austria, Palatinate, Netherlands... They travelled often!
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

the Rothchildes made some pretty awesome wine (and still do! )

however, I fear that since a majority of my ancestors were from beer guzzling countries (the British Isles, especially Ireland) I'd be serving ale instead

Unless I went back completely patrilinially and could be of a noble family! I doubt it though
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

Village witch like today, or spoilt noblewoman - like today
    You know; the witches who got away, were the ones who were for real

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

I'd be in Spain eating paella, tapas and drinking sangre de toro!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Tortured, hung, burnt or some combination of...

Edit: I have realized I actually gave myself too much credit. More likely I'd be found in a smoldering crater while pieces of my notes float around with words like salt peter, pappy's screech, thatcher's pitch, etc. written upon them.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

After reading extensively on post-Norman/Angevin/Saxon England, I've got several roads depending on how economically deprived or "rural" I was.

I would probably have been an artisan of some type, like a weaver or a painter. Considering my present education level, which would be ridiculous in that setting - I would have to be a priest to be that educated - I would assume I might be the memory of the area because my memory is so long.

Artisan, I guess. I have textile background. I'm good with my hands. I've also been in college choirs and done some acting, so maybe I'll run away from home and join the theater. I'd at least be literate on some level. I also have extensive mechanical know-how -- hahaha, maybe I'll apprentice with a clock maker. Or build siege machines. O.o

Or get seduced by an xNTP nobleman with very bad intentions.

If all else fails, Get thee to a nunnery.

Then again, Daddy is Cherokee. I could be in the mountains of NC making a royal nuisance of myself.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INtP

If we're talking my overwhelming but not complete euro-roots, I'd probably be a crafty blacksmith of some sort ("hey, your plow would work much better if you let me add...") or a monk -- assuming I'd be raised religious in those times. Location could have been anywhere between England and Eastern Europe, likely Germany.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]