Cistercians or Franciscans.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Ha, no, I couldn't handle the celibate life. It wouldn't work for me. I'd be married, instead, since that would be my only other option.

Then again, if I lived in England I guess I could live out in the woods alone with my cats and be a witch.
    A witch in the woods. Sounds fancy.
    Marrying you sounds like a sweet deal, indeed.
    May I skip the whole being-a-knight-thing and just do that instead?

The more I think about it, the less I would want to be noble.
    I'd not want to live in England, though. Never. The only way i'm getting stuck there is if I get imprisoned

No, it's Andalusia for me, definitely. Freedom of religion, lots of varying ethnicities and cultures besides the awesome moorish one...
    Medieval philosophy, theology and science.

I would probably end up as a shipbuilding engineer or siege engine guy, since that is what I used to do before I got bored of it.
    Not the siege engines, but I actually know how to build several different ones.
    Maybe I would be a fisher. I've done that for a short time, too. Wasn't terrible at it.
    Or soldier/knight... But... I really don't want to. Medieval battles - aside from small bandit ambushes - were outright clusterfucks of doom, and if you so much as got your pinky cut off there were some guy there who sprinkled sacred ASHES on it or some weird rotten swine gall so that you got sick and died.

No, not soldier back then if I have a choice

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

In any case, quite possibly dead from childhood disease, complications during childbirth, violence, etc. This is a morbid topic. So it's likely pray, labor, pray, labor or sow, breed, reap, give birth or help with husband's trade, breed, sew, give birth or help run husband's estate, breed, give birth, pray it's a son.
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

°cataplum!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Cistercians or Franciscans.
    Yeah, the first one would be the only one I really like...

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Was gonna say a member of the Mongol horde before I saw Europe in the OP...

Guess I would have been a member of a merchant's staff in Venice. With some basic maths, I can count the coins at least
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSprout View Post
    In any case, quite possibly dead from childhood disease, complications during childbirth, violence, etc. This is a morbid topic. So it's likely pray, labor, pray, labor or sow, breed, reap, give birth or help with husband's trade, breed, sew, give birth or help run husband's estate, breed, give birth, pray it's a son.
    Yeah, it's quite a morbid topic.
    Kinda... If you get ill all the time, you're dead.
    If you don't get fat easily, you're dead.
    If you have some kind of mental disorder, driven out to starve.
    If you're not lucky, you die.

To add to it:

Going back from what we do now to a world without electricity...
    We'll probably die one and all, or at least 80% of everyone would.
    Kinda slight odds...

But... I kinda see the beauty of mass death and new world order. Overpopulation is an issue, after all, and nature must solve it somehow.
    Maybe I am inhuman.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post

Guess I would have been a member of a merchant's staff in Venice. With some basic maths, I can count the coins at least
    OOoohhh, Venice. Sailing merchant, stationary shop or on wheels?

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post

The Golden Horde extended into SE Europe in 1300. Hell, Sarai was on the Volga.

EDIT: I'm on post # 666! Wheee!
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

°cataplum!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    OOoohhh, Venice. Sailing merchant, stationary shop or on wheels?
    Well 1300 was about the time Marco Polo reached China... so probably something related to the Silk Road
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Equivalent, not who your forefathers were.
    Based on what you know now, and its equivalent in ancient times.
    Most people are descendants of kings, dukes, popes and whatnot if you look hard enough.

Complete urbanites without survival skills are obviously not farmers, for example.
    More probable would be store clerks, serving maids, hawkers, thieves... City stuff.
    OK. I still think I'm quite capable of having the skills to be a noble or some highly placed advisor on the king's staff (somebody has to do it - after all). If not that, it would have to be a successful merchant, but somehow that doesn't sound as appealing. If I were to start out as a store clerk, I think I'd end up owning my own stores before too long. Would never be a thief. Too risky. Farming?? No way.

Edit: On second thought, you make me compromise too much. A noble it is.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639