User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Default For those who have met other TypeC-ers

Is it weird to get used to thinking of/addressing these people by their real names? Even for the people that I PM frequently, I still think of them more with their username than their normal name...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Is it weird to get used to thinking of/addressing these people by their real names? Even for the people that I PM frequently, I still think of them more with their username than their normal name...
    I'm actually in the process of legally changing my name to "Halla74" in order to circumvent that possibility.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I'm actually in the process of legally changing my name to "Halla74" in order to circumvent that possibility.
    I thought that was your legal name!
    (Oh wait, sorry, got confused with the name "Fireplug".)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I view it as pretty easy to get used to and not too odd. I haven't been on here for long, but i'm used to username/real name adventure.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

I can see where it would be weird. But by the time I meet someone, I'll have called them by their real name for a good while already.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I can see where it would be weird. But by the time I meet someone, I'll have called them by their real name for a good while already.
    Some of us, uh, sorta made the whole thing a lot easier.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Yeah, that is one reason I use my real name. I used to go as Englshivy on the intertubes and people shortened it to Eng which just felt weird. Same with the handful of other nicknames I've had online.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

hard not to say their real name here maybe yeah but not irl
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

I think it would be more weird getting used to the new physical dynamic. Meshing the two.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I think it would be more weird getting used to the hew physical dynamic. Meshing the two.
    The one time I met up with forum people, the new physical dynamic was not weird, much to my surprise.

I felt very little difference, but I'm wondering whether that just reflects how I (and maybe society) may be shifting perception of online communication, if you know what I mean. (The way communicating online feels more "natural" and "real" these days, maybe replacing our offline "reality" as the norm.)
    Last edited by Cimarron; 02-23-2010 at 04:10 AM. Reason: conspiracy theory separated from main post, hah
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.