User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Fight for me? Noone really. I don't let people fight my battles for me. Would just make me feel bad that I couldn't do it myself.

Closest I think, would be my aunt for giving me a chance to prove myself if nothing else. That's not really 'fighting for me', but cosigning a loan is a bit of a risk.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

my family has kept the odd beleif that I'm brilliant, wonderful and will turn out as someone worth knowing yet, despite my many disappointments to them (yeah- living life to it's fullest can get a person in trouble sometimes )

my best friends are always there with advice or support whenever its needed and have consistantly stuck up for me even when I've really f***ed up

my man offers excellent advice and support for me out of beleif that I shall find a job that fits my abilities- to the point of telling me I was better than my last job and that he would write me one hell of a recommendation letter if necissary- not to mention other support

my aunt always stood up for me against the rest of the family whenever I'd open my big mouth and stand on the brink of being disowned- the last e-mail I have that she ever sent was defending me against my grandmother and another aunt for having a differing political opinion
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Nobody. Except for my mother.

I don't fight for anybody except myself or my beliefs, either.

MBTI
    INtP

When it comes to "fighting for me", nobody, really. I believe that my parents and my sister probably *would* if the situation demanded it, but it's not really ever come up. I'm pretty much on my own in that regard.

When it comes to "pushing you to be something greater", also nobody. My environment was always more of one where expectations were set and I was simply expected to live up to them, rather than someone trying to motivate or support me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dali

My two ENFP aunts would move heaven and earth for me. My recently deceased IxTJ best friend also would have.

Yeah, that's about it. Though I may be selling some of my pals a bit short. A few of my close pals did literally everything for me (brought me take-out, cooked, cleaned, did my laundry, got my notes for me, kept me company) a few years ago after I had knee surgery and was laid up in my dorm room unable to do most tasks on my own (home was several thousand kilometres away) so there may be another two out of the bunch that would fight for me like mad.

MBTI
    INFP

No one has really fought for me in some heroic manner (apart from SolitaryWalker, lol), but that doesn't mean people haven't supported me in my life. The support of my parents has always been strong.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

My parents and brothers would fight for me if the need arose. They are pretty encouraging.
    My INFP has stood up for me which is something i'm not used to, but am very grateful that she did/would.
    My ENFP is willing to put himself on the line for me and has been more encouraging than anyone who isn't family.

Generally, i don't let people fight for me or anything of the sort as i'm the one to fight for other people. Nature of the beast?
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

When I was a kid my mother didn't allow me to languish in a school system that was working against my learning style and personality. She went head-to-head with them and when that didn't work she took me out and taught me herself. When that didn't meet my social needs she found a private school for me and cleaned some of the classrooms so we could afford it. When I got to HS and couldn't go there anymore she orchestrated a way for me to stay out of traditional HS and instead audit classes at the local university.

My husband didn't allow my parents (who loved me a lot and were acting in what they thought were my best interests) convince him that he wasn't good enough for me. He didn't fight them except in the Ghandi sense, he didn't allow the idea of splitting up enter his mindset, he kept trying to win them over, and now they're two of his biggest fans.

My sister, when she saw me falling into a depression last year over an issue with one of my children, made it her job to lift me up. She made sure I got out of the house at least once a week, took me to exercise, to other places and did fun things with me, listened to me, cried with me. I won't ever forget that.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It's interesting to see how many people don't have someone or feel they do not need someone.

I really don't have a lot of people either. There have been relationships and family where people seem to be committed but when push comes to shove, there have been very very few where I could trust them to still be there.

One is an INTP guy, one of my best friends. We were always like siblings anyway; and when a lot of people turned on me, he never lost faith; and in fact, his responses to things that happened in my other relationships helped me realize I had a right to be hurt and angry by how I was being treated, rather than just blaming myself for not being able to accommodate everything. I also trust him enough to let him criticize me... because I know he will put himself out there for me.

Another is my ex... We worked so hard to make our marriage work for many many years, despite a lot of horrible conflict and pain for both of us. When we finally did split, things could have been utterly ugly and terrible; but neither of us turned on each other and in fact even when family was upset with both of us, we were actually supportive of each other... we best understood how the other felt. At this point, we still trust each other and don't even have legal agreements in place over money or custody... because we have always been able to come to terms together and look out for each other.

The third is my current beau, who I allow to take care of me as part of what a relationship is. But he's always been really clear that it's not because I'm weak or incapable (he tells me I'm intelligent and capable and don't "need" anyone), it's because he knows how alienated, alone, and exhausted I can feel sometimes and he just wants to take care of me because he loves me and wants to look out for me. That is something I always wished I had but didn't feel like I had much of, so it resonates. (And it's because I know he's doing it out of love, not out of thinking that I'm incapable.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INXP

I suppose it depends how you define "fought for", but friends and loves in my life have gone out of their way to just.. well.. believe in me, stand by me in the difficult times.

The odd moments stick out most, like the surprisingly tender way with which my male INTJ friend suddenly discovered he "cared" when I was doing badly for a number of reasons. I didnt realise he had that capacity in him - it was very cool.

I fought very hard for myself at times, but I'd have been quite happy to have had support or someone I trusted to fight for me.. I'm surprised so many people are seeing this as weakness.