MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Default Please Do Me a Favor...

Hello everyone,

I would like to offer some advice that I feel is useful for everyone.

You are #1.

The person best qualified to advocate on your behalf is: YOU.
    No one else in this world will make your dreams come true.
    Happiness is something that only you can give to yourself.

Success is something only you can define. You will only become successful if you make a conscious effort in pursuing your goals and desires. You must be your own CHAMPION.

You NEED to have GOALS.
    You NEED to have DESIRES.
    If you do not, then there is something wrong.
    But don't worry, we can fix it.

There have been alot of threads that I have read since I landed here that resonate of self-doubt. The topics that people have voiced doubt in their own capabilities range from romance, school, career prospects, overall life outlook, and of course spirituality. Thinking from a perspective of self-doubt sabotages you; you are defeated before you even try. If you are prone to such thinking, please stop it. Please stop it now, and forever.

ORIGINS:
    Why is this a crime? Because: You deserve THE BEST life has to offer! None of us had a choice in being born. We all started out as one lucky egg that made its way into a uterus, and one Michael Phelps bad-ass champion swimmer of a sperm that beat out 6 million of his peers to fertilize the egg. The egg was a CHAMPION. The sperm was a CHAMPION. You are thus a CHAMPION.

From the moment the single cell that we formed from began to divide, our time on this Earth began to expire. Regardless of your perspective on spirituality, whether there is an afterlife or nothing at all, this life is guaranteed. It is happening RIGHT NOW. Don't waste it. We have each day but once. LIVE each day to the FULLEST. This is not a dress rehearsal, this is the show, the main event.

UNIVERSAL HUMAN PHENOMENA:
    This goes way past MBTI. This is far beyond whether you are an introvert, extrovert, intuitive, sensor, feeler, thinker, judger, or perceiver. No matter what your MBTI type, blood type, or any other type you are a HUMAN BEING. We all bleed the same color. We all will rot in the ground when we die.

You are a child of the universe. The universe is unfolding around us constantly. It needs our help. And if we help it, if we choose the path of action over apathy, if we take some risks along the way of our journey through it, then it can help us. The universe cannot help you if you are idle. The universe cannot pick you up and make you play the game of life. You must get on the field yourself. You have to be on the field to catch the ball. You must try to make plays. You must try to score points. If you don't then the game will end, and there will be very little to reflect upon as the crowd leaves the stadium.

Guess what? In the midst of trying to play the game, you are getting to get a few scrapes and bruises. Relish them. Do not hide in fear. You are now wiser and stronger. Use what you learned to try and score again. Wow! Look at that! You scored! Didn't that feel good?!

GUARANTEE:
    I guarantee you that if you live life by taking whatever comes your way when it is convenient, that it will pale in comparison to the life you could have lived if you took responsibility for your own happiness and success.

Person who takes what life dumps on them:

Person who decides their own destiny:

YOU versus THE WORLD: (YOU WIN!)
    The universe loves us, but has no hold on us or that which surrounds us. It is doing its own thing. The world however, the world is not fair. I have news for you. The world doesn't owe any of us a damn thing. Be strong, and be just. The high road is not an easy one to take, but it is worth it, and it is the path of all good men and women like yourself.

EXAMPLES:

WORK:
    We are here, like it or not. If we live amongst others who are OK with offering us horrible living and working conditions at a pathetic rate of pay because it betters their own lot in life, and we take the package they extend to us, our life is going to suck and its our own fault. Do what you need to in order to sustain yourself, but don't ever think that is all you deserve, or that is all your capable of. Most likely, someone is making money off your efforts. You owe it to yourself to find a job where you are content, being paid fairly, and that allows you to live your life. They are out there. Maybe you want to work one steady job that gives you good benefits and OK pay, and make cash on the side for the gravy you want in your life. Maybe you want to go solo and drum up your own business. TRY IT. Do not accept what you are doing right now as your lot in life if you are not happy. Listen to your heart. Dream up what you want to do, and then do it. Forge your dream. Grab it out of your head and pull it from your heart and mold it day by day until you are living it. You can make this happen!

LOVE:
    If we never reach out to that one special person who is absolutely perfect in our eyes, whose voice throws our hearts into overdrive, whose smile lights up the night sky, and whose touch fires off every neuron in our bodies, then they will never know how wonderful they are to us, and will never have a chance to show us they feel the same way about us. WE WERE NOT MEANT TO BE ALONE. You will never be Prince Charming unless you pursue a Damsel, she need not be in distress, that's a myth. You will never be a Princess unless you give a man a chance to win your heart. There is no better ending than "Happily ever after...IN LOVE." So go after the perfect person for you. What if they reject you? It won't be any more painful than loving them from afar, and then watching them fall in love with someone else. You have nothing to lose. Even if they say "Not interested" you have a choice to ask again, or re-assess what it is you love about them to see if it still holds water. You will not know unless you try! DO IT!!!

LEARNING:
    Life is full of trials of learning. Schools, professional certifications, skills in craftsmanship, all of these achievements require brain power and effort. The last thing in the world I want anyone to do is limit themselves because of some damn standardized test score, or GPA, or historical attempt at accomplishing something gone awry. These institutions are setup to limit the number of people that pursue them. If we give give up on attaining our academic or career aspirations, it is our fault. DO NOT GIVE UP. Keep moving forward. Keep trying. Try harder. Try to do it differently than before. If you keep trying you will eventually get it. I swear!

QUESTION:
    Do you want to work your ass off for peanuts? NO!
    Do you want to live a lonely, loveless life? NO!
    Do you want your accomplishments to be limited by what comes easy to you? NO!

Of course you didn't. YOU ARE A WINNER!

CONCLUSION:
    What are some of the key principles needed to keep you on this new and great trajectory that you always knew you should be on? Here they are:

(1) At some point in life everyone drops the baggage of past hurts and failures that carried them into adulthood, and stands up and takes responsibility for their own life. Some do it very early on, some in the middle of their lives, and some just before they die. You have chosen to do so now. Congratulations!

(2) Close your eyes, reflect on what is most dear to you, and write it down. Do not ever at any price stop pursuing those dreams. Fulfilling them will keep you alive and well.

(3) The past is gone. The present is yours to forge into your future. The future is composed of your dreams if you keep on working, and keep on believing in yourself. Keep up the good work!

(4) Life is about choices and accountability. Make your choices, and be held accountable for them, good or bad, they are yours. If you screw up, own up to it. Apologize if you need to, you know if you did something wrong. Then make right what you can, learn from your mistakes, and move forward. Always move forward.

(5) Don't be too hard on yourself. Alot of people expect alot from you, I know. You need to decide whose expectations are valid and who in your life is a parasite. To those who are expecting you to not live up to your full potential, tell them that you no longer have time to accomodate their unrealistic expectations, that you wish them well, and that you'll be happy to see them when they are ready to be a positive influence in your life.

(6) Stand up and DEMAND the BEST. Head up, shoulders back, chest out, gut in - that's it! Look people in the eye. Speak clearly and assertively. You can be assertive without being disrespectful, just be honest and civil. Many things in life are a matter of opinion, not a matter of right and wrong. You can agree to disagree with someone, and still remain friends, I assure you it is easier than you think. Try it! PEOPLE WILL TREAT YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR LEVEL OF SELF RESPECT.

(7) People are all that matter. Material things come and go. Money is easy come and easy go. Surround yourself with good people. Do whatever you need to make your environment a happy, safe, and supportive place where you can live in peace and keep making your dreams come true.

(8) Ditch needless materialism and get yourself in a spot where you have OPTIONS. Be creative, you can do it.

(9) Do the right THINGS, for the right REASONS. Put the shoe on the other foot, if you don't like how it feels, then think twice about asking someone else to wear it.

(10) In your conquests, in your victories, in all the greatness that you experience, please take time to smell the roses along the way. They aren't in season all the time. Be thankful for them when they are around. Don't work until dead without tasting the fruits of your labor. You deserve to enjoy the realization of your wants and needs.

MY WISH FOR YOU:
    I wish for you to never say "If I only would have _______ when I had the chance." When you are old, I wish for you to be able to look back on your life and have NO REGRETS. I sincerely wish you the best in enjoying the full benefit of your unique talents. Enjoy it, you deserve it!

You are the Alpha of your own life. You are the most prominent, talented, and aggressive champion of your right to success and happiness. No one can take away leadership of your own life, of your own destiny. Never ever stop dreaming, never ever settle for second best, never ever lay down and let others walk over you. That is not your place in life. You are a champion. YOU are a champion.

I look forward to hearing of your deeds!

Keep the faith.

-Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INFP

So this is the "work" you've been slammed with.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    So this is the "work" you've been slammed with.
    Only part of it.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Dali

Halla, if I had 2 million dollars, I'd pay you a million to be my own personal cheerleader.

Off to finish reading your post.

MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    -

Let me be the first (and hopefully not the last) to say:

Thank you!

And have a wonderful day!
    Living is never a waste of time.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

That's all good stuff, but you can't let it get to your head.
    5 3 9

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Preach it, brotha!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Are you a Life Coach, Halla? You should be. Thanks for this post. Very inspirational.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    That's all good stuff, but you can't let it get to your head.
    Oh shut the fuck up.

Halla - incredible post. You may have saved some lives today, and I mean that without any irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    YOU ARE A WINNER!
    And if it turns out you are a loser, remember we love losers in Oz.