User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

tcda, i'm more of a.... community oriented.. person myself when it comes to "help". no man is an island and all that. but even i'd say you're taking this way out of hand. it's just an internet thread about optimism. not some veiled way for "individuals" to stomp on the "common man". there might be places to mention marx, but this would be the goofiest place to do it. halla is just some dude encouraging people to....basically cheer up. maybe he didn't choose every word correctly, i don't know.. but i seriously fucking doubt he's out to spread villainy or some shit. :confused:

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

oddly, I ran across this quote in entropie's blowjob video that makes this thread especially confusing...

"I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. People liberate themselves"- Che Guevara

if che agrees with the op, doesn't it make no sense to argue against it on the basis that it is the opiate of the masses?

“Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

che did think like that.. for a specific example, he was uneasy with even recruiting new and (very willing) soldiers unless they learned to read i.e. he wanted them to better themselves first and foremost. he was still a communist though, of course.

entropie posted a video of himself getting a blowjob?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    che did think like that.. for a specific example, he was uneasy with even recruiting new and (very willing) soldiers unless they learned to read i.e. he wanted them to better themselves first and foremost. he was still a communist though, of course.
    I know, though I read it, I giggled and I shared

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    entropie posted a video of himself getting a blowjob?

oh, no! he posted one in the S & MT forum advocating them!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

i think that's actually "shaunward" in that blowjob video.. he didn't want to kiss the chick afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    i think that's actually "shaunward" in that blowjob video.. he didn't want to kiss the chick afterwards
    That means he unconsciously rejects himself.

Op: Awesome post.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

kind of reminds me of a taller, less vulgar Kat Williams bit

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I can see the merits in such an approach to life. But if MBTI helped me see anything is that not everyone experiences the world through Ne and Fi like I do...and people's desires are not always as concrete as they would wish.

Quite frankly the idea of being super happy isn't nearly as appealing as the idea of having the people around me happy, sometimes.

Also, this mindset (which you would see me champion to my friends myself, to a certain extent) excludes other people for the most part, from the picture. I know I could do a million decisions in my life, for myself, that, while affecting others, wouldn't hamper them for all eternity....But it would still take an inherent personal entitlement to happiness compared to that of others...yes, no one will fight for my own happiness... but few will fight for the happiness of others either. And no one manages to get to happiness all alone. Unless we are talking about "survival of the fittest", an approach I personally would draw no satisfaction from, even if I was the fittest.
    Hey! What's up Sytpg.
    I make huge efforts to ensure those I love are happy, make no doubt about that. Read any number of my threads here and you will know that my family's well being is my top priority.

It is necessary to preserve yourself if you wish to assist, care for, provide for, love, and advocate for other people. If you yourself are not intact, then you cannot act on behalf of others.

I don't think it's possible for someone to be completely selfless, nor do I think that is healthy.

If the measure of your self worth is what you do for others, then that's great, but I think its safe to assume you take care of yourself too. Right?

We're most likely closer to each other's vantage point than it seems.

Cheers Brother,

-Halla

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    Troll much?
    Look in the mirror much, underdweller of bridges?
    I'm still waiting for you to write your take on life in another thread.
    Or are you incapable of writing it?

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Sorry, Halla, for the derail here. I'm too chicken to start another thread. :chicken:

I find I get on very well with estps. And I know my estp shadow side well. In the past I have clashed with infps; and in the present, I find I clash with entps. Correlation? I can't see any.
    No need for apologies. Cheers to you! -Halla

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Op: Awesome post.
    Thank you, Sir!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro