User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I love it.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    haters gonna hate
    Gosh, why do they hate us so?

Gosh, each American is an innocent abroad, discovering the corruption of the Old World, as if for the first time.

We have only the best of intentions and only the best of intentions for you.

We want you to become Americans too.

What greater gift could we offer you but to cast you in our own image.

But you reject us because you are pathological haters.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    Hmmm, this is th creepy way that religious people talk, i.e. treating disagreement as pathology and offering "sympathy".
    (1) I've advocated no particular religious viewpoint.

(2) Have you ever considered that other people might think you are creepy, and boring?

If I make a thread arguing for people to accept my solutions, then I expect disagreement...if you want to publicly argue for your "philosophy" you should respect my right to publicly disagree too! Or is democracy damaging to "self-help"? :p
    (1) I'm not arguing anything. Learn to read. I offered some of my views, that's it. Take it or leave it, buddy!

(2) Yes, I expected disagreement. Did you ever consider the possibility that I don't care? ZING! That's what's going on. I shared my thoughts in the hopes some would benefit from them. If you do not, then so be it. If you don't like my thoughts, so be it. I can't tell you how much sleep I am going to lose over it: Milliseconds, I assure you. :zzz:

(3) I do respect your right to disagree. Where did I ever say I disrespected your right to disagree with me? I have not, nor will I, because my beliefs work for me, and I am not affected or concerned with your opinion. But that doesn't mean I "disrespect your right to disagree with me."

(4) Your assumptions are not good, you might wish to stop guessing. Your assumptions also make you appear rude.

But FYI I wasn't making "generalizations" about anyone, I just think your philosophy is wrong and potentially harmful. I challenge you to show me where I showed any personal hostility to you or made any assumptions.
    Wow, Ok. That's not how you came off to me. Ooops. Whose mistake is that? Yours for bad delivery, or mine for bad hearing? It's all a matter of opinion.
    I think your philospohy is wrong and potentially harmful. But if it works for you, great!

You and I think very differently. How about that? I had no idea there were people on this Earth who thought differently than me. JeeWhiz, I am writing this down in a book so I don't forget it.

Your challenge is without merit as we are having a difference of opinion.

"Negative energy"..."peace with yourself"...can you explain what those terms actually mean?
    What matters is what those terms mean to you. And if you have no regard for those concepts, that's great, whatever works for you.

I mean to my mind being "at peace with yourself" would imply a person who has given up on finding truth for example...in reality the unvierse is made up of contradictory tendencies in permanent war, so to impose some "peace" on myself, to my mind, would be completely artificial, and people who try to find it, are only repressing. I think of religious people for example. It's basically a form of death of your character even if the body lives on.
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

But whatever that's just my opinion, and I can only go on my own understanding of the terms you use because you are completely vague about them.
    I respect your right to have your opinion. If my post was vague to you, so be it. Thank you for reading it. If it was not of utility to you then that's OK. I am honestly very busy right now, and not interested in attempting to splice the inner workings of your mind to prove or disprove anything I wrote to you in quote/response format for the rest of the weekend.

If you would like to share your own outlook on life, please start a thread on it. I'd be interested to read it seeing as our outlooks are so different. It's much easier to throw stones at other people's work than to create something of your own. Let's see what you've got, or not, either option is fine by me.

Done with you, see ya' around, fella!'

-Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Really great thread, Halla.

An important message.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Yes, it's called Boosterism - a shot of boosterism in the arm to ward off depression.

Depression is the single largest presenting symptom in doctors' surgeries in the USA. And it is most prevalent among women.

And we have here madam, a vial of, "Her Lady's Snake Oil", that will make you feel better for a very reasonable price - only believe!
    Oh, so that's what a positive outlook is called. Boosterism. Well if you'll excuse me, I have some Boostering to do, snake oil or no (after all, who cares what's in it, so long as it works?).
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Really great thread, Halla.

An important message.
    Thank you very much, Night.
    Have a great evening!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Oh shut the fuck up.

Halla - incredible post. You may have saved some lives today, and I mean that without any irony.
    What did I say to deserve that? Have you even read Halla's post? Look for the section about shoes, it might help you.

That post I made was admittedly a bit of a gut reaction, I wasn't thinking straight. I didn't even think it posted, because I quit while it was loading. Anyway, I think it might just be a temporary quick fix. The problem with self help, is that there are so many ways it can go wrong. One idea might work for someone, but it might damage someone else. It would be safer to help people on an individual level. I guess I'm just being skeptical.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post
    Halla, if I had 2 million dollars, I'd pay you a million to be my own personal cheerleader.

Off to finish reading your post.
    Thank you, Sir. I'd take the money if you had it and offered it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    Let me be the first (and hopefully not the last) to say:

Thank you!

And have a wonderful day!
    You are VERY welcome! I hope you have a wonderful day too!

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    That's all good stuff, but you can't let it get to your head.
    Ok, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Preach it, brotha!
    My thoughts came out of my mouth. Oops! I did it again!

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Are you a Life Coach, Halla? You should be. Thanks for this post. Very inspirational.
    Hey, you are very welcome. Thank you very much for reading my post, and for your feedback. I am not a life coach, but I sincerely wish the best for people, and applaud those who have the strength to pursue their dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Oh shut the fuck up.

Halla - incredible post. You may have saved some lives today, and I mean that without any irony.
    Thank you very much, OMT. I have learned much from you, and enjoy your perspective on things immensely. Your words mean alot. Take care, Bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Thanks, my bunny buddy! Reading this, at this time in my life, was much needed.

When we're nearing the finish line, it's all about what I call the "rocking chair memories".

We're making them now.

Our basket can be filled with goodies, warm memories, contentment, and happiness, of a life squeezed for all its potential.

Or not.

Up to us.

Life: OWN IT!

Ms. Qre:us distills my wall of text into a few well thought out lines. Why is she good at this? I don't know but I love it, and am a bit jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I feel nauseous.
    If you puke on your shirt, cover the stain with baking soda and then pour hydrogen peroxide on it. The effervescent puke lava will begin to burst forth from your tainted garment. Good luck on preserving the threads, Bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    What an incredible post. I feel like someone just injected a vial of caffeine into my arm.
    Hey! Thank you, Nunki. It wasn't caffeine, it was just a placebo, and we didn't inject your arm we just tapped it with the edge of a plastic paperclip. Your brain did all the work. Thank you for your feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    :spam2:

Using this site for advertisement.

wait for it, the soliloquy about how this site advertises the evils of MBTI
    The Loyal Opposition strikes again. Sometimes I like Victor's posts, not today.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Are you a motivational speaker?
    Hey! Nope, just a happy and well meaning fellow. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    Thank you Halla for taking the time to encourage. We need people who encourage, who help plant self worth in others. I truly appreciate your charisma and positive outlook.
    You are very welcome, Stepho. Thanks for reading my post, and for your feedback and encouragement. I always wish you the best!

^ :rolli: dood... what's wrong with a little optimism?
    Don't you know it's dangerous! Run for cover!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I'm gonna print this out and keep it.
    Thank you, Tiltyred. It's always a pleasure to hear from you. Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post

lol... I've always been an incurable optimist, mister "someone pissed in my cereal"
    Pee-Pee and Captain Crunch = Bad Combo

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    The HBO show? I bet you anal-enthusiasts love your sore-losers, too.

Halla, once again the awesomeness that ascends from the ashes of our mistakes is not lost on you, but found.
    Thank you very much, Thursday! Wow, you have a way with words. Rock on! :rcok:

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post

It's just sad. The way some miserable people want everyone else to feel the way they do.
    Isn't it. Here, let me play a song:

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Eyebrows View Post
    Damn, man

I figure if Halla really believed in a philosophy that every man should be purely self-interested and pitted against the world, he'd probably be keeping these optimistic and inspiring thoughts to himself and not attempting to encourage other people with them. "You vs. the world" is simply about seizing the day, accomplishing what you want to accomplish, and so on, not about "winner-take-all," "fuck-you-got-mine" competition.
    You've got it, you caught my drift, thank you for reading my post and for taking the time to clarify that passage. Take care, Bro. -Halla

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    You lost me. What's the favor?
    You read my post, that was the favor, thank you for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    haters gonna hate
    Wasted energy. Hopefully they will see the light one day.

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    I love it.
    It loves you!

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    Oh, so that's what a positive outlook is called. Boosterism. Well if you'll excuse me, I have some Boostering to do, snake oil or no (after all, who cares what's in it, so long as it works?).
    Thank you, Nunki. Good luck with your boostering!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:

Quotes:

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

What did I say to deserve that? Have you even read Halla's post? Look for the section about shoes, it might help you.
    No one interprets things exactly the same way. I offered an age old adage as a means to point out the benefit to consider the perspective of others before executing actions. Who says your perspective is mutually agreed upon by the rest of the world? That's your opinion. It baffles me how such simple, benevolent, and age old advice can be miscontrued. But it's your brain, and I don't need to understand it. Cheers to you, seriously. Think whatever works for you. There are alot of other things in this world more dangerous to optimism.

That post I made was admittedly a bit of a gut reaction, I wasn't thinking straight. I didn't even think it posted, because I quit while it was loading.
    It's OK, I forgive you.

Anyway, I think it might just be a temporary quick fix. The problem with self help, is that there are so many ways it can go wrong. One idea might work for someone, but it might damage someone else.
    (1) My post isn't self help.
    (2) In your sentence above, replace "self help" with "science" and see if you are able to dtermine how your opinion misses the mark. Seriously.

It would be safer to help people on an individual level. I guess I'm just being skeptical.
    If you are asking me, I think you are being skeptical, but that's OK, I don't hold that against you. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, it would be nice if you returned the favor. Cheers, dude! -Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:

Quotes:

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Hell yeahz baby! that's what i'm talking about!

There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison