User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

[QUOTE=Halla74;1052111]
    You make gross generalizations about people who you know very little about.
    Happiness and optimism are hardly platitudes.
    Sour grapes?

You have your solutions for life, and I have mine.
    Needless hostility is a sign that the aggressor has feelings of inferiority.
    Hmmm, this is th creepy way that religious people talk, i.e. treating disagreement as pathology and offering "sympathy".

If I make a thread arguing for people to accept my solutions, then I expect disagreement...if you want to publicly argue for your "philosophy" you should respect my right to publicly disagree too! Or is democracy damaging to "self-help"? :p

But FYI I wasn't making "generalizations" about anyone, I just think your philosophy is wrong and potentially harmful. I challenge you to show me where I showed any personal hostility to you or made any assumptions.

Why confront your own issues when it's so much easier to lash out of others as a means of redirecting your negative energy, right?

Hopefully you are at peace with yourself soon.
    "Negative energy"..."peace with yourself"...can you explain what those terms actually mean?

I mean to my mind being "at peace with yourself" would imply a person who has given up on finding truth for example...in reality the unvierse is made up of contradictory tendencies in permanent war, so to impose some "peace" on myself, to my mind, would be completely artificial, and people who try to find it, are only repressing. I think of religious people for example. It's basically a form of death of your character even if the body lives on.

But whatever that's just my opinion, and I can only go on my own understanding of the terms you use because you are completely vague about them.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    You make gross generalizations about people who you know very little about.
    Happiness and optimism are hardly platitudes.
    Sour grapes?

You have your solutions for life, and I have mine.
    Needless hostility is a sign that the aggressor has feelings of inferiority.

Why confront your own issues when it's so much easier to lash out of others as a means of redirecting your negative energy, right?

Hopefully you are at peace with yourself soon.

I wish you the best in all you do.
    Have a great day!

-Halla

It's just sad. The way some miserable people want everyone else to feel the way they do.

Quote Originally Posted by bcvcdc View Post
    You love winners in Oz.
    Well, Bcvcdc, we love you.

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    Hmmm, this is the creepy way that religious people talk, i.e. treating disagreement as pathology and offering "sympathy".
    Unfortunately this is true. But when you abandon evidence and reason, disagreement is a threat to the faith.

But here the international community is being offered an American secular faith called boosterism.

We don't want it. We don't need it. And it makes some of us nauseous.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post

It's just sad. The way some miserable people want everyone else to feel the way they do.
    I'm not miserable at all, as anyone who knows me will testify. I love the contradictory nature and complexity of life, and I feel proud of my role within this so far, and strive for continual improvement of myself, in order to better benefit humanity.

I just don't need some neat little pseudo-spirituality to make me feel secure and "special", and I think that those of us who know that self-help is harmful bullshit, have a duty to point this out.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

^ thinking that x is a j
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

garbage

Damn, man

I figure if Halla really believed in a philosophy that every man should be purely self-interested and pitted against the world, he'd probably be keeping these optimistic and inspiring thoughts to himself and not attempting to encourage other people with them. "You vs. the world" is simply about seizing the day, accomplishing what you want to accomplish, and so on, not about "winner-take-all," "fuck-you-got-mine" competition.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You lost me. What's the favor?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    What an incredible post. I feel like someone just injected a vial of caffeine into my arm.
    Yes, it's called Boosterism - a shot of boosterism in the arm to ward off depression.

Depression is the single largest presenting symptom in doctors' surgeries in the USA. And it is most prevalent among women.

And we have here madam, a vial of, "Her Lady's Snake Oil", that will make you feel better for a very reasonable price - only believe!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

haters gonna hate