User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post

[words of wisdom]

-Halla
    Thanks, my bunny buddy! Reading this, at this time in my life, was much needed.

When we're nearing the finish line, it's all about what I call the "rocking chair memories".

We're making them now.

Our basket can be filled with goodies, warm memories, contentment, and happiness, of a life squeezed for all its potential.

Or not.

Up to us.

Life: OWN IT!

MBTI
    INXP

I feel nauseous.

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Keep the faith.
    And if you can't keep the faith, remember the Enlightenment awaits you across the Pacific in Oz.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

What an incredible post. I feel like someone just injected a vial of caffeine into my arm.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And if it turns out you are a loser, remember we love losers in Oz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And if you can't keep the faith, remember the Enlightenment awaits you across the Pacific in Oz.
    :spam2:

Using this site for advertisement.

wait for it, the soliloquy about how this site advertises the evils of MBTI

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I fucking hate self-help.

For example, the post contained the line "you vs the world". So apparently, on the one hand, you are being told you are great, a winner, beautiful person etc., on the other, I am being told that you are part of this hostile "world" which I have the power to rise above and should actively seek to take advantage of for my own benefit!

Basically it's just sowing the seeds of mutual backstabbing amongst normal, honest people, while they get fucked from above (and self-help philosophy is the lubrication).
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Are you a motivational speaker?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    I fucking hate self-help.

For example, the post contained the line "you vs the world". So apparently, on the one hand, you are being told you are great, a winner, beautiful person etc., on the other, I am being told that you are part of this hostile "world" which I have the power to rise above and should actively seek to take advantage of for my own benefit!

Basically it's just sowing the seeds of mutual backstabbing amongst normal, honest people, while they get fucked from above (and self-help philosophy is the lubrication).
    Replace the word "you" with the phrase "working class", and it's practically the same as the Communist Manifesto.

Embrace optimism and self help. The only thing you have to lose are your psychological chains.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Thank you Halla for taking the time to encourage. We need people who encourage, who help plant self worth in others. I truly appreciate your charisma and positive outlook.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Replace the word "you" with the phrase "working class", and it's practically the same as the Communist Manifesto.
    Except that it emphasizes the individual in competition against all others rather than the solidlidarity of the collective, and is therefore the highest form of misanthropy and subsequently nefarious.

Embrace optimism and self help. The only thing you have to lose are your psychological chains
    I don't have such a shattered ego that I would need to turn to such a thing.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.