User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Wolfy's got a point. Embracing pain, knowing it won't kill you and it is only temporary, can be the road to learning lessons that can gain you a great deal, ime...
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    tcda, i'm more of a.... community oriented.. person myself when it comes to "help". no man is an island and all that. but even i'd say you're taking this way out of hand. it's just an internet thread about optimism. not some veiled way for "individuals" to stomp on the "common man". there might be places to mention marx, but this would be the goofiest place to do it. halla is just some dude encouraging people to....basically cheer up. maybe he didn't choose every word correctly, i don't know.. but i seriously fucking doubt he's out to spread villainy or some shit. :confused:
    ok, mybe I express myself too strongly sometimes, in relation to my real intentions. I take note.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    oddly, I ran across this quote in entropie's blowjob video that makes this thread especially confusing...

"I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. People liberate themselves"- Che Guevara

if che agrees with the op, doesn't it make no sense to argue against it on the basis that it is the opiate of the masses?

I'm pretty sure he meant collectively, but still, Ernesto Guevara Lynch did say all kinds of things, some correct, some way off base.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I'm still waiting for you to write your take on life in another thread.
    When did I say I would do that?
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    ok, mybe I express myself too strongly sometimes, in relation to my real intentions. I take note.
    BINGO!

Perhaps one of these would have been helpful: :chillipll:

When did I say I would do that?
    You didn't. I just offered it to you as a means of (1) provide you with an opportunity to express your own views on life since they appear to contrast sharply with mine, and (2) provide you with an opportunity to write something and be constructive instead of dumping negative destructive energy into my thread.

I have no issue with you or anyone discussing differences in opinion here, in any other thread, or in real life. BUT - I will not discuss anything with a rude lummox, which is a how your prior interactions came off as, those of a rude person who got out on the wrong side of the bed that day. My Father taught me: [I]"Never argue with a fool, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." /I] I did not like your dialogue the other day, so I had two choices: (a) get into a foolish argument with you, which is a waste of my time and yours, or (b) tell you to piss off, which I refrained from because I am not rude.

I have no issue with you dude, but I'm not going to take shit from you or anybody else. I'm a nice person, but I'm also very good at kicking ass and taking names. This thread is a positive place of discussion, so let's keep things on my good side, OK?
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Has anybody mentioned an internal locus of control? I think you could throw away most other stuff and just leave that. That is the core of being effective, getting what you want. That, and cause and effect.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

BINGO!

Perhaps one of these would have been helpful: :chillipll:

You didn't. I just offered it to you as a means of (1) provide you with an opportunity to express your own views on life since they appear to contrast sharply with mine, and (2) provide you with an opportunity to write something and be constructive instead of dumping negative destructive energy into my thread.

I have no issue with you or anyone discussing differences in opinion here, in any other thread, or in real life. BUT - I will not discuss anything with a rude lummox, which is a how your prior interactions came off as, those of a rude person who got out on the wrong side of the bed that day. My Father taught me: [I]"Never argue with a fool, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." /I] I did not like your dialogue the other day, so I had two choices: (a) get into a foolish argument with you, which is a waste of my time and yours, or (b) tell you to piss off, which I refrained from because I am not rude.

I have no issue with you dude, but I'm not going to take shit from you or anybody else. I'm a nice person, but I'm also very good at kicking ass and taking names. This thread is a positive place of discussion, so let's keep things on my good side, OK?
    I don't have an issue with you either, though I'm not gonna get intimidated dude...much less by someone on an internet forum. Though I still stand by the underlying content of my criticisms, I admit I can be over-the-top in my form of expression without realizing it.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Thanks Halla! Cool post and food for thought! I LIKE!!

Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    This was a very good read.

On a less on topic note, Halla is the kind of guy that would make a good dicator!
    I knew he reminded me of someone!

Mr. Scorpio, except without possibly the worldwide evil aims.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Take the hit, lick your wounds, reflect on the experience, and move forward smarter than before.

In times of success, don't gloat on it too long, take it in, and then get your wits about you. Getting over confident is dangerous.
    Success often makes me feel like I should be watching my back... lol
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I don't have an issue with you either, though I'm not gonna get intimidated dude...much less by someone on an internet forum.
    Perfect, we're on the same page, I'm not afraid of you, and you're not afraid of me, just as it should be.

Shall we start over and be polite? That's alot easier for everyone. I'm cool, I don't carry a grudge. The ball is in your court.

Though I still stand by the underlying content of my criticisms, I admit I can be over-the-top in my form of expression without realizing it.
    Understood. Lack of non-verbal cues is a shortcoming of electronic communication. Neither of us can see each other's faces, hear the tone of our voices, pick up on body language, etc. So, it is not uncommon for someone to interpreted in a manner other than that of their intention.

This is why I err on the side of being a little more descriptive and polite than is necessary IRL, because I want people to get the drift of what I am saying and react to it and then I have a chance to hear their thoughts and get new ideas and feedback. In my book it's better to be overly polite, than overly impolite. Anyone can talk smack, not everyone can communicate prefssionally.

Cheers,

-Halla

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Thanks Halla! Cool post and food for thought! I LIKE!!

Graci! Have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by Chunes View Post
    I knew he reminded me of someone!

Mr. Scorpio, except without possibly the worldwide evil aims.

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Success often makes me feel like I should be watching my back... lol
    You should be watching your back anyway. The world is full of jealous, envious people who would love to see your downfall just because you have what they do not.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro