User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Well as a general rule I think this approach is good, especially if the person on the receiving end is somewhat down/depressed/unsatisfied with her life. BUT I personally think chance plays a bigger role past a certain baseline level.
    I agree with this. Inherited physical or mental health alone can have a big impact.

This is a funny thread. I'll give my take on all this.

Life is pain. Buddha

Once we have agreed life is pain we can move on to what we want. What we uniquely want. Then we are responsible for taking the steps to get it.

That is how I see it.

I think about the meaning of pain. Pain is personal. It really belongs to the one feeling it. Probably the only thing that is your own. I like mine. Henry Rollins

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    This is a funny old thread. I'll give my take on all this.

Life is pain. Buddha

Once we have agreed life is pain we can move on to what we want.What we uniquely want. Then we are responsible for taking the steps to get it.

That is how I see it.
    Hey Wolfy! Yes, life is full of much pain, many types of pain. When we are kids we scrape our knees and get thrown into the pavement as we learn to ride our bicycles. As adults our pain becomes mental in addition to physical. As we move on through life the loss of loved ones is yet another new and intense type of pain, as is the beginning of our body's failure.

So yes, it is absolutely necessary to aknowledge the many types of pain in life, to accept them, and then to ultimately make a conscious choice to continue living, and to do so to the best of our potential.

Is this what you mean?

I think about the meaning of pain. Pain is personal. It really belongs to the one feeling it. Probably the only thing that is your own. I like mine. Henry Rollins
    To coin another expression: "We all have our own crosses to bear." Yes. Some of our pain is a common human experience of typical physical maladies. But the rest of it is our own personal pile of pain, that which is assigned to us by fate, and that which we have created for ourselves. But all of it is ours nonetheless.

I don't know that I could ever define myself in terms of the summation of all types of pain in my life. I do know that I accept whatever hardships befall me along the way, as they pale in comparison to my blessings.

Am I interpreting this on your channel or am I on a different frequency?
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

I think we all get trapped into thinking we can escape pain. Where as if we accept that life has pain we can move beyond that. I think once you have decided to accept that it frees you to look for what you want from life. How you would like to express yourself. And then expressing yourself becomes your responsibility, your thing to control.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I think we all get trapped into thinking we can escape pain. Where as if we accept that life has pain we can move beyond that. I think once you have decided to accept that it frees you to look for what you want from life. How you would like to express yourself. And then expressing yourself becomes your responsibility, your thing to control.
    Hmmmm....I am going to have to think on that one.

As a 7w8 I sure as hell do not try and get up front and personal with pain to the extent it is the essence of my existence, but I don't run from it, or try to forget it is there.

Time to read some Buddha and some Rollins.

Cheers to you. Brother Wolfy!

-Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Hmmmm....I am going to have to think on that one.

As a 7w8 I sure as hell do not try and get up front and personal with pain to the extent it is the essence of my existence, but I don't run from it, or try to forget it is there.

Time to read some Buddha and some Rollins.

Cheers to you. Brother Wolfy!

-Halla

Are we going to start our own religion now?

A religion based on Buddha and Henry Rollins? Interesting...
    I think we all have our own way of dealing with it but that seems to be the truth of the matter to me.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

A religion based on Buddha and Henry Rollins? Interesting...
    I think we all have our own way of dealing with it but that seems to be the truth of the matter to me.
    It would Rock!

Something along the lines of... 'Hurt no sentient being, unless they hurt you first. If they do, go medieval on their ass.'

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Love your inspirations Halla!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

dammit... I was thinking The Princess Bride when you said life is pain

"Life is pain, Princess. Anyone who tells you otherwise is selling something."

I've just become quite good at focusing on the positive things instead of paying attention to pain... it keeps me a bit more sane
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett