User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 93

  1. #51
    Senior Member Lacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Generally, I socialize with my family, and a very small group of friends. Big group things are a rarity or an obligation.

    I've been part of dance companies and stuff like that, but for the dancing, not so much for the social aspect of it. I did make good friends this way, though.

    But as for right now, I don't socialize...like, at all. Shyness is a bitch.

  2. #52
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    This doesn't have to do with E/I, it has to do with the enneagram instincts.
    No, man. MBTI and Enneagram are two different systems, and both deal with this. Of course extroversion/introversion and the need to have alone time has to do with E/I. SX/SO/SP can also be related to extroversion/introversion.

  3. #53
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    No, man. MBTI and Enneagram are two different systems, and both deal with this. Of course extroversion/introversion and the need to have alone time has to do with E/I. SX/SO/SP can also be related to extroversion/introversion.
    Hmm, well explain the social first introverts then? They act like very typical extroverts in my experience, but still need a good bit of time alone and get drained. They just seem to do it at a bit of a slower pace. I see the instincts and E/I as describing two different things, personally. The instincts as being how to interact with the world (in a nutshell), and E/I as your function fixation and how you get your energy.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  4. #54
    almost half a doctor phoenix13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    No. I haven't gone out on a saturday night in... jesus, I can't even remember the last time I went out.

    "OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

  5. #55
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    No.. But not exactly by choice. I've sometimes wondered if I'm just a beaten down extravert, not an introvert I have some decent enough friends, and a lot of acquaintances, but there's been something that makes me uncomfortable about them or doesn't interest me. So I tend to not get involved in social situations they might invite me to.

    Some groups I know still party too much...still caught up in drugs. To each their own and all that, but I'm only cool with that in small doses (no pun intended). Or it's the other extreme -- other circles are just too "good?" for me. Like someone may invite me to their church. I can't say that I care about it. (but I've tried..).

  6. #56
    Senior Member human101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    No.. But not exactly by choice. I've sometimes wondered if I'm just a beaten down extravert, not an introvert I have some decent enough friends, and a lot of acquaintances, but there's been something that makes me uncomfortable about them or doesn't interest me. So I tend to not get involved in social situations they might invite me to.

    Some groups I know still party too much...still caught up in drugs. To each their own and all that, but I'm only cool with that in small doses (no pun intended). Or it's the other extreme -- other circles are just too "good?" for me. Like someone may invite me to their church. I can't say that I care about it. (but I've tried..).
    I used to think about this aswell.

  7. #57
    Obsession. Lethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Hmm, well explain the social first introverts then? They act like very typical extroverts in my experience, but still need a good bit of time alone and get drained. They just seem to do it at a bit of a slower pace. I see the instincts and E/I as describing two different things, personally. The instincts as being how to interact with the world (in a nutshell), and E/I as your function fixation and how you get your energy.
    Speaking as a social first introvert:

    My extroversion may not shine on this board, but in real life, most people have a difficult time believing that I'm introverted because I'm easily accessible in conversations. I don't hesitate much to share my thoughts [of course, considering that it's not highly personal information] on something when asked, to the point where I can be a bit chatty on topics I have enough information for. I classify myself as a social variant because it seems my attention always ends up landing on issues that could potentially affect the wider community. Having SP last makes me a bit evasive and reluctant when discussing my own needs without tying it into a idea that can be meaningful and useful for everyone else.

    I agree with BlackCat, I still require alone time to figure out how I should compose myself, but the difference is that although I'm concerned with social aspects, I don't proceed to interact with it directly like the extroverts do. You can be outwardly energizing (E), yet maintain a more exclusive set of priorities like SP & SX.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

    Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne


    Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

  8. #58
    Senior Member forzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0
    Posts
    547

    Default

    I like socializing with people and I enjoy having a nice conversation, I just have trouble initiating them. It seems like I need a reason before I can have a conversation with someone, otherwise I would feel uncomfortable approaching them. That's why when I was in high school I liked it when the teacher assigned group projects to the class. Anyone else have this problem?

  9. #59
    That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram
    2
    Posts
    660

    Default

    I actually packed up my bags and my computer and went to "visit" with my sister and her family in a different state for 4 months to get away from all of the people buzzing around my head. I am a slight E (who needs alone time) and an ENFJ to boot...I was sucked dry (much of it my own fault) and needed to get away for a while and re-evaluate things. It's working

    I just returned home last week and am still social. I work alone all day and am single, so I am ready for some "people time" most evenings. The good news about leaving town for 4 months is that all the people who only call you if they want something stop calling...it's a great filtering process
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

    Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

  10. #60
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    No.

    I'm socially active, but I'm not a socially active person. It's just a job requirement.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Similar Threads

  1. Anger: Are you an anger prone person?
    By lightsun in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 10-30-2017, 08:53 AM
  2. [INFJ] INFJ's.. Are you LIKEABLE?? Socially accepted???
    By oneandonly in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-18-2015, 08:20 PM
  3. Are you a self-made person?
    By Qlip in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-09-2015, 07:19 PM
  4. What Type of Social Media Personality Are You?
    By MTINFJ in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-19-2012, 04:05 AM
  5. [ENTJ] ENTJs: Do you have your ups & downs or are you ALWAYS a social person?
    By MoneyTick in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 09:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO