First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Lux, you're probably a moderate extrovert as well though.

If I'm wrong, there should be at least one or two strong extroverts that can respond to this thread. But it seems most all the extroverts on the forum talk about needing significant amounts of alone time away from people, more than the average extrovert, and many waver between being E/I.
    This doesn't have to do with E/I, it has to do with the enneagram instincts.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Everybody needs alone time now and then, and everybody has to socialize now and then. That would make hermits the only "real" introverts in the world. There is no mentally stable 'I' who doesn't want to go out once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    What's an introvert if an extrovert is someone who decides to spend most of their time in solitude?
    I have decided to spend most of my time around people these couple of months for reasons I wouldn't like to explain (I'm resting today). Yet, I'm an introvert.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Almost not at all.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    I have decided to spend most of my time around people these couple of months for reasons I wouldn't like to explain (I'm resting today). Yet, I'm an introvert.
    Doing so is unusual for you though, correct? I guess we could still call you an introvert if you regularly decided to spend most of your time around people when you could easily be doing something more solitary and introspective, but I'm not sure why we'd do that.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ISTP

It's a strange deal with me.

Naturally, I've always been the "many acquaintances" type. Had lots of people who talk to me and know me and that I talk to. However, it seems like I almost lack the capacity to make any close friends at all. This leads to a lot of alone time for me, and when I'm alone for too long, I find myself in a slump that's really hard to get out of.

It used to be that I would purposefully isolate myself from others because I thought that without being able to be close to anyone, that I was meant to be alone. It was also because I have/had trust issues. But I've found within the past year or two that it was really not working for me.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I am the DJ:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf4cPxfIsHE&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Because I'm completely surrounded by people 12 hours out of every day, when I have free time, I simply do quiet things. All my extraverted nature gets expressed at work so that I don't drive my poor introverted husband crazy when I get home.

I just wanted to say people are free to decide whatever they will, they are not bound by any "chains". MBTI may determine what you are more likely to do (and be comfortable with) based on your type, but doesn't shut you in a frame of possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer
    I'm not sure why we'd do that.
    Because of the way I recharge in the meantime, plus my cognitive processes. That's the point!

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    I just wanted to say people are free to decide whatever they will, they are not bound by any "chains". MBTI may determine what you are more likely to do (and be comfortable with) based on your type, but doesn't shut you in a frame of possibilities.

Because of the way I recharge in the meantime, plus my cognitive processes. That's the point!
    Very true.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

school, work, if you count that. I have some mild social anxiety but it somehow hasn't made me socially retarded. It isn't that bad anymore but it's hard to force myself out there at times. Also, me and my friends can't seem to coordinate worth shit, or they don't seem interested enough to make plans. This, as well as not finding a lot of things to do while out worth enough to pursue has led to me getting addicted to the internet, as incredulous as that sounds. I spend way too much time online. It presents a problem because when I'm at home it's pretty much all I want to do, and I tune out responsibilities and long term things such as what I'm going to do with my future. Without it at home I'd feel disconnected from everything though.