User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I don't even think the extroverts on this forum are that socially active. At least not extremely active.
    Is that to say that "extrovert or not, if you are on a forum enough to post 1k posts, you cant be that socially active" ...????

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    Is that to say that "extrovert or not, if you are on a forum enough to post 1k posts, you cant be that socially active" ...????
    Yeah.

Or you can't be extremely socially active. Unless this counts as being social. But I don't think the extroverts that post here regularly tend to be really strong extroverts.

Yeah.

Or you can't be extremely socially active. Unless this counts as being social. But I don't think the extroverts that post here regularly tend to be really strong extroverts.
    This is not necessarily true. If typology is your hobby, and you love exchanging your thoughts with people and hear what they have to say, this site is an excellent choice, extroverted or not.

If I love hunting, and I regularly hunt alone in the wilderness, does that mean I can't be a lot more socially active than others? Surely there is a certain correlation, but it's not an absolute truth as you have put it.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I usually hang out with at least one friend and my SO every day... I'd go crazy if I didn't

I even talk to strangers while standing in line at the grociery store for goodness sake!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INtP

Not at all. I see one friend on the train from work every week or so, and other than that I might see friends a handful of times a year.

It's not *quite* as pathetic as it sounds . Most of my friends have families and kids (or have moved out of town), so there just aren't many opportunities these days. And I'm definitely not one for "going out", so my social activities are pretty much limited to occasionally chatting with people at work and more special occasions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enneagram
    1w2

Yeah.

I think you can be pretty socially active and still have time to be a regular forumer. At least EJs can. Time management!

Right now, I'm sitting at a coffee shop with my computer and a friend is going to show up in an hour or so and we'll prolly sit here and talk and do our thing on our computers for a while. If I want, I can go home and come back out later on. When I'm in sit and chill social mode I usually bring my laptop with me and I have all the local free wifi spots staked out. When in party mode that typically doesn't even start till 11 PM and then I'm out for the rest of the night. When I'm doing something civic and social then that only requires like three or so hours a week so that's not a big deal either.

I'm a captive audience 9-6/M-F because I'm at work so instead of working I'm on the forum. I can hang out or run errands after work till and get home and do what I need to do and still being online. I doubt anyone notices not posting for a few days a week, so what gets done in that time is my real life socializing.

Plus I don't have kids or a husband and my time is my own to structure how I want.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yes I like to socialize. But keep in mind I keep the number of people that I socialize with to about 3-5 people. I like focusing on a few individuals, if I had a ton of acquaintances I would go crazy.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Outside of work? Hardly ever.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Once a week on average. Unless you count my family which you shouldn't.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I interact every day with my SO having great conversations and dinners, call family once in a week or two, have a couple of friends irl that it usually takes a few months of good intentions before we actually get together, and then a handful of people online I exchange a PM with perhaps a couple times a month on average, so not much by most people's standards I think.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)