User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Daily: I can go a whole day of errands/school without socializing with anyone. I usually take the time to catch up with my roommates. If I randomly see people I know, I don't hesitate to socialize.

Weekly: I make sure to communicate with my parents once a week. I try and "go out" to the bars/etc at least once a week (sometimes 2 or 3 times though). Depending on where I am, I often run on a "once a week schedule" for doing something with each of my worthy friends. I'll operate with a checklist in mind.

Monthly: I try to catch up with close friends from high school with a long phone convo about once a month (sometimes its less often though).

--------------
    I'm definitely not what you'd call "plugged in" to the immense social network. Though I do play "the game" quite well when I actually do "plug in". I think its because I have much higher standards for what constitutes "a friend". It leads me to tend a lot less to my acquaintances.

I think I read somewhere that the average person has about 5 "good friends". This is not the median. it is possible that a few have 20, while others have 1, though I think its actually a good approximation to say most of us have about 5 good friends: the INTPs all the way to the ESFJs. The difference is just who labels their acquaintances as friends. I think it speaks volumes about how E/I MBTI has nothing to do with how much of a social tycoon you are....

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Not super socially active, although my ideal would probably be having something social to do about 2-3 times a week. If I had a significant other, and/or lived with someone, I'm sure that would be less, but living alone I tend to have a lot of solo time anyway so I enjoy getting out and doing things with friends.

Usually it's harder to line up schedules, and also my friends tend to lead busy lives, have significant others, etc, so I might only have something going on once a week or once every couple of weeks.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Depends on what's meant by "socially active". Since high school, I've been a big joiner of volunteer, political, and professional organizations; but I typically stay in the background, not meeting or hanging out with too many people or anything, unless we're coming together for the purposes of accomplishing some assignment(as in volunteer work). I have a few friends who have children, and I see them every other day because I take my son to play with their kids. Or, I meet people because their children are involved in the same activities as my son is.

Pre-kiddo though, I most typically hung out with two people daily: my closest best friend, and my guy. There always seem to be lots of people around me though...people who "know" me. I enjoy a good party, so long as there are people there that I know very well. I talk to my best friends once a week, and my mother every other day. I Facebook convo my cousins every other day, and phone every month, keeping up to date on their school work and how they're doing with friends and whatnot.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ISTx

I can be, but prefer not to be most of the time.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

i hang out with friends only a couple of time a month most of the year but in the summer i go out quite a lot

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

There have been days where I'll chat with random interesting looking people down the street, and there have been days where I'd ignore everybody.

When I'm the mood, usually at a bar, snowboarding, club, event, or somewhere where there is a lot of activity and movement: I'm friends with everyone.

I can't help to be active in an "active" place.

Overall, I would say I'm 65% active and 35% wrapped up in my black mink blankets at home.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Nope. I'll chat with people in class or lab who interest/engage me, but I don't hang out with anyone after class.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

No way. I keep my socializing to my husband and family these days. I'm likin' it fine.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

heart on fire

I post on this board, don't I? You mean there's more?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I don't even think the extroverts on this forum are that socially active. At least not extremely active.