User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Default Strange Paranoias

Mine are:

Waking up to find zombies lurking about (srsly).
    Unexpectedly getting stabbed with a knife from behind, without any warning that it's coming (even in broad day light).
    Falling down and losing a tooth/teeth.
    Waking up one day and not remembering anything about my life.
    Finding a scorpion under my sheets.
    A tapeworm crawling up my throat.

What are yours?

What causes these kinds of nonsensical paranoias, and how does one go about remedying them?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Going to bed not and not being able to fall asleep.
    Will post more when less tired.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    Going to bed not and not being able to fall asleep.
    Will post more when less tired.
    Why do you think I started this thread in the first place? I'm too paranoid tonight to sleep, so I'm on TypoC talking about my paranoias.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

No paranoias, but sometimes when I am very tired but can't sleep and just lie there, I hear this flying electronic vibration that comes from either side and flies through my head. It feels like it is wiggling my brains as it goes through.. That's weird.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Falling backwards, when I'm heading up a steep incline or flight of stairs.
    Someone being behind me when I look into a mirror late at night (like in horror movies).
    When a non-flush toilet (like a porta potty, or one on a hiking trail) has an updraft, I always get paranoid that some monster will come out of it.

And the weirdest one...: You know those zombie dogs in games like Resident Evil and Silent Hill? I have a twisty-turny basement that's a bit like something from a horror movie, and I always imagine a zombie dog turning a corner and nom-ing my neck.

What causes these kinds of nonsensical paranoias, and how does one go about remedying them?
    No clue, but I'd be very interested to know.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Someone being behind me when I look into a mirror late at night (like in horror movies).
    I used to have this one, especially when I would brush my teeth late at night.

When a non-flush toilet (like a porta potty, or one on a hiking trail) has an updraft, I always get paranoid that some monster will come out of it.
    Ooooh, I have one sort of like this. When I take baths, I don't like to be in the tub when the drain is open because I'm afraid some monster tentacles will come out and grab me as I'm trying to get out.

And the weirdest one...: You know those zombie dogs in games like Resident Evil and Silent Hill? I have a twisty-turny basement that's a bit like something from a horror movie, and I always imagine a zombie dog turning a corner and nom-ing my neck.
    Fuck, yeah I have those kinds of fears too. I try to stay away from Resident Evil and Silent Hill and games like that because I'm just soooooo paranoid of the undead. It's unbelievable.

I can't function for weeks after watching 28 Days Later. I'm psycho I think.

No clue, but I'd be very interested to know.
    Me too. Vivid imagination probably has something to do with it though .

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

That sounds like a movie plot:

You wake up not remembering anything about your life then you freak out by a scorpion under your sheets. While shocked, you look above you and find zombies lurking from the hallway. You freak out again and jump out the window falling down hitting the ground and loosing your teeth. While on the pavement ground a tapeworm crawls up your throat and you jolt in fear and jump back up on your two feet only to get stabbed in the back...

By a zombie.
    The Tesla Shock

Coming soon, 2014!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post

You wake up not remembering anything about your life then you freak out by a scorpion under your sheets. While shocked, you look above you and find zombies lurking from the hallway. You freak out again and jump out the window falling down hitting the ground and loosing your teeth. While on the pavement ground a tapeworm crawls up your throat and you jolt in fear and jump back up on your two feet only to get stabbed in the back...

By a zombie.
    Bahahaha that's great!

*begins preparations for an animated short film*

(Though bringing it to life through film may make the scenario more likely to occur in reality. That's another paranoia, btw. )

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

- Snakes being in the toilet at night when I go to pee (if I don't turn on the light)
    - a seriel killer randomly hiding in my apartment, particularly the laundry room
    - ghost/demon-like creatures hiding under my bed, specifically putting their undead hand up and grabbing me while I'm sleeping
    - the thought of losing my mind and doing something horrible then not realizing that I did it

Default Paranoias or Phobias? :)

Paranoias or Phobias?

That vile substance called floral foam, I have a strong strong aversion to this, can't even look at it. I'm afraid of touching it accidentally.

Alien abduction (90s-"Sightings"-based fears)

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Finding a scorpion under my sheets.
    I have had this happen in real life. Stung me while I was sleeping. It was traumatizing and very painful, but maybe not as bad as your phobia has you thinking.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism